Jimmy Johnson

Advertisement
Stop it....Ericksons drunk *** let the players absolutely run wild....Its about personal responsibility on the HCs part....His *** ran a 4.4 leaving Hecht in early 95...Would have been a 4.2 if not for a bottle of Whiskey in his back pocket...Did he Win 2 NCs...Of course....but also lost one because of a stupid *** Off scheme against Bamas AA Def line, leaving Torretta a sitting Duck....Lets stop the nonsense....and don't start that he Won with Howards kids in 87...Thats simply not true....
Dennis and many of his players are friends and you have absolutely no idea what went down during his years here. If you think Coach E was the only cause of the issues here you are absolutely clueless. Stick to Butch’s years, 89-94 were out of your league. FYI the Oline Art put together in 91-92 might have been his worst. Bama’s front seven overmatched them, I guess we should have lined up and ran it right at them in your mind! That would have been real successful! I know you know a lot of the ex players, next time you see any of the 91-92 ask them about Coach E. One pretty important guy on those squads is one of my best friends and I’ll go with his call over you any time. BTW Jimmy lost in 86 with the best team ever to a broken down PSU squad and you’re talking Bama????

Dennis and many of his players are friends and you have absolutely no idea what went down during his years here. If you think Coach E was the only cause of the issues here you are absolutely clueless. Stick to Butch’s years, 89-94 were out of your league. FYI the Oline Art put together in 91-92 might have been his worst. Bama’s front seven overmatched them, I guess we should have lined up and ran it right at them in your mind! That would have been real successful! I know you know a lot of the ex players, next time you see any of the 91-92 ask them about Coach E. BTW Jimmy lost in 86 with the best team ever to a broken down PSU squad.
89-94 were out of my league??....Lol...Please..Please stop it....Erickson ran like he was on fire leaving Hecht...and leaving a pile of crap for others to clean up....Thats undeniable....

Dennis and many of his players are friends and you have absolutely no idea what went down during his years here. If you think Coach E was the only cause of the issues here you are absolutely clueless. Stick to Butch’s years, 89-94 were out of your league. FYI the Oline Art put together in 91-92 might have been his worst. Bama’s front seven overmatched them, I guess we should have lined up and ran it right at them in your mind! That would have been real successful! I know you know a lot of the ex players, next time you see any of the 91-92 ask them about Coach E. BTW Jimmy lost in 86 with the best team ever to a broken down PSU squad.
Im sure they are friends...Why not??....Lol....

You have no idea what happened when Coach E was here. The Pell Grant dealt went much deeper than the head coach. If Dennis won 2 with Jimmy’s kids, why did Jimmy only win 1 with Jimmy’s kids??????? Talk to players that played for both guys, I happen to know several dozen and they rave about both guys who always had their player’s backs. Dennis Erickson is loved by all who played for him at UM and is a great guy. Again I’ll go with players opinions every day.

JJ was 2 plays away from 3.
It's no surprise that Erickson's players liked him, especially since they won.
Erickson's record at 63-9 with a couple of Natty's "ain't bad".
I have nothing against the man, but I slot him in at 3/4 as far as my favorite coaches.

Advertisement
JJ was 2 plays away from 3.
It's no surprise that Erickson's players liked him, especially since they won.
Erickson's record at 63-9 with a couple of Natty's "ain't bad".
I have nothing against the man, but I slot him in at 3/4 as far as my favorite coaches.
Best record ever!

JJ proved he was a defensive genius and a great HC. He loved the U and we loved him. If he would have been allowed to call the shots with the Fins he could have made them champs, but a washed up Marino was running the show.
Marino didnt like JJ...he was Shula's guy....He even audibled JJs play calls which is a no-no....Audible play calls, by a guy who just Won 2 SBs....Lol....

89-94 were out of my league??....Lol...Please..Please stop it....Erickson ran like he was on fire leaving Hecht...and leaving a pile of crap for others to clean up....Thats undeniable....
He took an NFL job like your boy Butch!

Advertisement
The defense under Lubick on Erickson's 91 team was probably the best Miami defense I've seen. And he installed an innovative for the time offense that put up lots of yards and points. Now, was Frank Costa an appropriate QB for that kind of offense? Of course not.......I'm not even sure Toretta was the prototype, even though the offense got him a Heisman. I will always maintain that that offense was fully realized with Craig Erickson, he was the right kind of QB to run it.

And I'm thrilled for you....the BOTTOM line is Erickson left a complete mess....his recruiting was complete *** his last 2yrs...again, thats the Facts....
Coach E left 2 NCs later! And Butch left for Cleveland and they put him on Lake Erie in a sail boat in January after he failed there

He took an NFL job like your boy Butch!
Thats not why he ran...Lol....He knew what was coming under HIS tenure at UM....Why stay??....He knew UM was about to get stomped by the NCAA...So lets run...and let some other coach (Butch) deal with it...Complete irresponsibility.....And Butch ended up putting more quality players into the league than Erickson ever did....

Advertisement
The defense under Lubick on Erickson's 91 team was probably the best Miami defense I've seen. And he installed an innovative for the time offense that put up lots of yards and points. Now, was Frank Costa an appropriate QB for that kind of offense? Of course not.......I'm not even sure Toretta was the prototype, even though the offense got him a Heisman. I will always maintain that that offense was fully realized with Craig Erickson, he was the right kind of QB to run it.
Gino thinks Coach E was up there with Bill Walsh for offensive minds.

Coach E left 2 NCs later! And Butch left for Cleveland and they put him on Lake Erie in a sail boat in January after he failed there
Failed??...2 playoff appearances since the Civil War...Stop it...Butch had every reason to leave whether you like to hear it or not....Oh...and by the way...UMs FB GPA was at an alltime High under Butch....Alot higher than Ericksons teams...thats 100% Fact....

Advertisement
Thats not why he ran...Lol....He knew what was coming under HIS tenure at UM....Why stay??....He knew UM was about to get stomped by the NCAA...So lets run...and let some other coach (Butch) deal with it...Complete irresponsibility.....And Butch ended up putting more quality players into the league than Erickson ever did....
[/
Did you really just mention Erickson in the same Breathe as Bill Walsh??...Holy Sh*t....
No Torretta did but what would he know? He played for both of them.....just curious...did you?

Who chose the starter? Jimmy can’t get a free pass on that game as we were by far the best team. Total yards like 450-150.
No argument there, but that was one bad personnel decision. I'm not willing to crucify based on just that.

Lol...like I'm not friends with players who played for Erickson...You'd be shocked...You have no idea who I'm friends with...I can name 5-6 Players that played under Erickson, and have been in my home numerous times....Lets stop that nonsense now...

Advertisement
Back