Jimmy Johnson - We Want "Smart" Players

rsa coral gables

Malentendido
Premium
Reeding Jimmy Johnson's book Swagger, he rights about the importance of recruiting smart playas (he's been saying it for decades, but siting a book implies that i can read and right and that makes me looker more smarter). UM just reported that 12 playas made the ALL-ACC Academic Team. Too of the yutes have very bright futures hear.

Bissainthe and Cooper. Glad to sea they made the list. The list is below.

Mitchell Agude (sport administration), Wesley Bissainthe (sport administration), Anez Cooper (liberal arts), Lou Hedley (liberal studies), Clay James (liberal studies), Caleb Johnson (sport administration), Frank Ladson (liberal studies), Jake Lichtenstein (liberal studies), Will Mallory (applied physiology), Michael Redding III (psychology), Jalen Rivers (sport administration) and Tyler Van Dyke (real estate) were among those student-athletes recognized with academic honors from the conference.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Academically smart to a point.

Jimmy is a psychology major and he's referring to guys with a high football IQ, common sense, logic, reasoning, quick processing skills, etc.—not a team full of Poindexters.

Guys who are "smart"; they do the work. They go to class and put in the work studying—which translates to the football field, learning (and understanding) the playbook, being fast learners, etc.

Advertisement
Mad Work GIF

There have been plenty of all time greats that could barely read. That said, we've been plagued by stupidity and mental mistakes on the field for far too long

While ideally there needs to be a balance, I'd certainly take a team full of smart hard working B+ athletes over what we have today. Much easier to establish minimum standards of execution and a culture of accountability than with the alternative.

Advertisement
Reeding Jimmy Johnson's book Swagger, he rights about the importance of recruiting smart playas (he's been saying it for decades, but siting a book implies that i can read and right and that makes me looker more smarter). UM just reported that 12 playas made the ALL-ACC Academic Team. Too of the yutes have very bright futures hear.

Mitchell Agude (sport administration), Wesley Bissainthe (sport administration), Anez Cooper (liberal arts), Lou Hedley (liberal studies), Clay James (liberal studies), Caleb Johnson (sport administration), Frank Ladson (liberal studies), Jake Lichtenstein (liberal studies), Will Mallory (applied physiology), Michael Redding III (psychology), Jalen Rivers (sport administration) and Tyler Van Dyke (real estate) were among those student-athletes recognized with academic honors from the conference.

I thought misspelling words purposefully was @Canedog 's bit.

Animated GIF

Mitchell Agude (sport administration), Wesley Bissainthe (sport administration), Anez Cooper (liberal arts), Lou Hedley (liberal studies), Clay James (liberal studies), Caleb Johnson (sport administration), Frank Ladson (liberal studies), Jake Lichtenstein (liberal studies), Will Mallory (applied physiology), Michael Redding III (psychology), Jalen Rivers (sport administration) and Tyler Van **** (real estate) were among those student-athletes recognized with academic honors from the conference.

He cappin JJ wanted the best players and he got them. Politically correct answer is we want smart players. The locker room answer and coaches room is "get me this ******* stud so he can destroy everyone"

He cappin JJ wanted the best players and he got them. Politically correct answer is we want smart players. The locker room answer and coaches room is "get me this ******* stud so he can destroy everyone"

I would make the argument that the best players not only have the obvious physical abilities and talents, but they have football “smarts“. And can process information quickly on the field. I’m sure that’s what he means by smarts.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back