Jimmies and Joes

Advertisement
By “base Air Raid stuff” are you talking about Hal Mumme/ Mike Leach stuff? Because nobody is running that now. Today’s modern coaches use those passing concepts and apply them to their own system. Georgia uses a ton of vertical routes straight from the air Raid playbook. Just because they use tight ends doesn’t mean they’re not running a lot of the same concepts. ****, they sent their big tight end on more vertical routes in last night’s game than Mallory got the entire seasons
By base air raid yes I mean the OL vertical setting, a ton of now screens, 4 vert, mesh and tempo. He's done a great job at running an offense geared towards his personnel. The 2nd/3rd? TD last night with bennett QB truck was a great design. The run game is much more in line with the NFL game than some of the other college teams like USC for example.

No, but you add the right coordinator to successive top recruiting classes and this is what happens.

What I mean is that they were in the title game before Monken. And their whole program continued to get better. He wasn't the one key piece they had been missing.

And they were certainly far from "make or break".

Advertisement
What I mean is that they were in the title game before Monken. And their whole program continued to get better. He wasn't the one key piece they had been missing.

And they were certainly far from "make or break".
And now they're winning title games.

By base air raid yes I mean the OL vertical setting, a ton of now screens, 4 vert, mesh and tempo. He's done a great job at running an offense geared towards his personnel. The 2nd/3rd? TD last night with bennett QB truck was a great design. The run game is much more in line with the NFL game than some of the other college teams like USC for example.
What are your thoughts on Duo? ha

What are your thoughts on Duo? ha
aa5.gif

Advertisement
we have more talent than tcu last year and we still get blown out by them. talent wasnt an issue in our losses save for clemson. we arent hte most talented but we have more stars than the teams across from more often than not in this conference. coaching does matter.
Exactly. People cant swallow that we have a corch. I hate the slurpers vs haters. The haters wont give any credit where its due and the slurpers praise everything and make constant excuses. Plenty of fans still defending Mario for how hes handling OC. **** with that. Take glasses off. Give him all the credit in the world for his recruiting. He is elite there. And that is what he should be paid to do. His game day coaching and ability to hire a competent staff is dog **** and our program will suffer because of it.

The more concerning part is how amateur our operation is. There is too much $ involved to have someone incompetent bring our whole team down. Yes hes the head coach. So what. Let him do what hes good at, and have a team of competent people handle the rest. Whole lot of $$ thrown down the drain for nothing.

Ok so we’re in agreement. Having the luxury of their personnel allows them to have the diverse rushing attack. Plus not having a mobile QB eliminates a lot of the zone rushing stuff

Advertisement
Which is far from "make or break". They weren't going to become Kentucky without their current OC. And they very well could have won two titles with some other OCs.
In other words, they just need the right OC, which is what I said. I never said Monken was the only OC who could pull it off. ****, Bama has shown that plenty are interchangeable. But if you get a dud, you're not winning titles.

Which is far from "make or break". They weren't going to become Kentucky without their current OC. And they very well could have won two titles with some other OCs.
they didnt win titles with the previous two OCs under smart and were very pedestrian on offense

In other words, they just need the right OC, which is what I said. I never said Monken was the only OC who could pull it off. ****, Bama has shown that plenty are interchangeable. But if you get a dud, you're not winning titles.
Maybe the "make or break" comment was just some hyperbole on your part.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back