Jessie Armstead...

Advertisement
Congrats Jesse!!

It fantastic having the opportunity to follow a great player's growth and development from high school throughout the rest of his career. He is a gifted person Who I know will do well in his new position.

He was the best player on what many consider to have been the best H.S. team ever and a total beast at Miami and as a Giant.

One of my all-time favorite Canes. Will always wish him well

Advertisement
Best HS LB I ever saw film of . Congrats to him .

Never watched his HS film but I am sure you are right considering the type of career he had. The best HS LB film I watched was Matthew Thomas. I can’t believe what a mediocre career he had at free shoes. Guess you can be an athletic freak and have maturity issues or not have much to work with between the ears and not pan out. CONGRATULATIONS to Mr. Armsread. He was a great Cane!!!!!

Advertisement
He joins Alonzo Highsmith who is pretty far up the NFL food chain in management himself. By the way there were those who were around that said that had Alonzo stayed at his high school position(LB) he would have been Lawrence Tayloresque.

Advertisement
He did make the HS Parade All-American team on the DL.

Not even sure if Parade does this anymore.

And congrats to Jessie on the new job.

A great career at Miami and in the NFL - even after the injury he had as a freshman, I think.

I thought Highsmith was a DE.

He joins Alonzo Highsmith who is pretty far up the NFL food chain in management himself. By the way there were those who were around that said that had Alonzo stayed at his high school position(LB) he would have been Lawrence Tayloresque.
MY dad went to HS with Alonzo and he says he played de. Also said he and Melvin bratton were the best he ever saw in HS

Advertisement
MY dad went to HS with Alonzo and he says he played de. Also said he and Melvin bratton were the best he ever saw in HS

Watching these two they had this aura about them hard to explain some call it the IT factor .That they just play and pure natural gift took over and they had fun laughing on the field at times not to show off just like " I got this " just let us do our thing.

Brings me to Jimmy Johnson walking into the locker room with a football in his hand before a big game saying "DO WHAT YOU DO BEST" and flip the ball and walked out to the OB field just knowing the whole team was like these two....thanks 305 NICE REAL NICE.

GOCANES

I was waiting for my daughter who was practicing on the Dade South track listening to Hurricane Hotline. Jimmy was being interviewed when the news came that Jessie had committed. Jimmy said "He did?" That was neat.

Advertisement
Back