Jess Simpson gone.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Simpson is a GA HS coach with a year at Miami. If this matters at all, it’s on Manny. Simpson is not some hero we should be worried about, and I predict this won’t matter one whit.

I don't think it'll matter much.

Simpson was fine (albeit incredibly overrated by our fanbase - par for the course)...but it seems to me like Manny knew this was going to happen and all parties made sure signing day went through as well as possible (JHH a big get late)...before letting the ink dry and everyone going their separate ways...Manny even prepared by getting Stroud a month or so ago.

If he coached Mario, he also coached manny Lawson and John mccargo... that defense was nasty

OK, but that was back in 06 and nothing before or after that. So again, what's the justification of this being qualified as a solid hire? Again, I'm not shading the dude, but when I hear solid resume, I'm looking for a guy who's been consistent in turning out pros.

I don't think it'll matter much.

Simpson was fine (albeit incredibly overrated by our fanbase - par for the course)...but it seems to me like Manny knew this was going to happen and all parties made sure signing day went through as well as possible (JHH a big get late)...before letting the ink dry and everyone going their separate ways...Manny even prepared by getting Stroud a month or so ago.
Simpson wasnt an obvious problem but we cant really say he was great, either. He spent a year at Um, and picked up on kids Kul coached. In terms of recruiting, we didn’t local kids at DT and obviously missed on Bogle, so not sure how to assess him. Like the Harvey and Cam Williams takes. Not aure he deserves all the credit for the NY kids. Amd no view on Holley.

It is pretty obvious Manny had a back up plan and that is good. Simpson must have let manny know and that speaks well of him. He got a good job, in Atlanta, and I wish him the best. He left Hs and now has bounced around year to year — hopefully he found what he wants.

Advertisement
he had more effort in recruiting but still didnt land any more or less guys than kul really.
Totally wrong. He landed more guys than kul. Simpson brought in 5 HS DL + 3 transfers in one year. Kul brought in one more kid over 3 cycles.

Kul:

‘16: T. Martin, Bethel (+ J. Jackson, who was already on board)
‘17: Garvin, DJ Johnson, Ford
‘18: Miller, Silvera, Rousseau + Odenigbo

Simpson:

‘19: Hunte, Blissett, Holley, Harvey, Williams + Hill, Phillips, Nnoruku

OK, but that was back in 06 and nothing before or after that. So again, what's the justification of this being qualified as a solid hire? Again, I'm not shading the dude, but when I hear solid resume, I'm looking for a guy who's been consistent in turning out pros.

So what were your thoughts on Simpson when he was hired? Simpson had ZERO track record. And it worked out.

Stroud's resume is far superior if that's what your looking at

Advertisement
Advertisement
That defense works because of how well that Dline is aggressive and puts pressure on the QB.

If hes good; fine. If hes not, the results will be obvious.

Advertisement
Back