Jess Simpson gone.

Advertisement
You think any coach hired would have kept the O staff? Maybe Hartley. People thinking he is savage for firing the worst O staff at Miami are blind
Your probably right but its still tough to fire people, apparently we witnessed that with previous staffs.

@Dwinstitles has turned into a female in front of our very eyes. Dude leaves for a much better job with much better pay in the NFL. Ask yourself, which is the better job. D line coach in college or D line coach in the NFL? In your home state. If you have a good staff this is supposed to happen. But no, let’s act like menstruating females about it
No point did I say he isnt going for a better job, I never said that. And of course I question every move when my belief is we will never be elite, so this is 15 years of proof. So if im skeptical about everything then let it be, I didnt do this the teams performance and admin have. So hang me for not believing in anything until I see real results.

I think you're being a little too defensive about a slight worry many will have on here. Why was this guy coaching at Akron after all this time? It's a legit concern. "Our fans smh" Sounds like you want your fellow fans to be blindly optimistic. I loved the hire as an analyst but want to find out more about what happened to Straud post NC Sate

It was already discussed in the thread. He followed the Bowden coaching tree around (Bowden, Amato).

It's borderline-retarded for people to just name the schools where he has worked and then to draw some sort of downward-sloping line WITHOUT KNOWING ANYTHING AT ALL.

Advertisement
I like the hire, seems like it could balance out some of the youth on the coaching staff. Need a little bit of everything these days...

It was already discussed in the thread. He followed the Bowden coaching tree around (Bowden, Amato).

It's borderline-retarded for people to just name the schools where he has worked and then to draw some sort of downward-sloping line WITHOUT KNOWING ANYTHING AT ALL.

So tell us wtf happened then genius

Advertisement
No point did I say he isnt going for a better job, I never said that. And of course I question every move when my belief is we will never be elite, so this is 15 years of proof. So if im skeptical about everything then let it be, I didnt do this the teams performance and admin have. So hang me for not believing in anything until I see real results.
Teams becoming elite will lose coaches to the nfl. It’s a good thing, and means manny can spot a good coach.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Dudes complained when a former HS coach who was only an assistant NFL dline coach was hired.

Now complain when a guy with decades of experience and a track record of DL put into the league is hired.

Unless it's a premier name that y'all know, you're generally unhappy with any hires. Same song and dance.

what is his track record besides those 2-3 Mario and Lawson years?

Crazy how coach Kool still don’t have a job. If he would have left on better terms at Miami maybe we would have circled back?
Kool needs to be in the NFL he don’t like to recruit that’s not beneficial to a college program

I can respect the opinion ; but for me his overall tenure here and character tend to make me believe he’s a man of his word . And he has the right vibe.

Ya that makes sense, like I said I like a lot of what he's done...And I also like he drums to his own beat. We shall see.

Advertisement
Back