Jess Simpson gone.

Advertisement
Yes, 1 season as an assistant DL coach. So basically the NFL equivalent of an analyst.

Comparing that to a guy who was a college DC for the past 7 years and coached at FSU and NC St. The resumes arent comparable.

I'm not saying Stroud is a slam dunk, but Simpson ending up be good shows we shouldnt dismiss a guy just because he's not a **** pick

No one dismissed him. My question was pretty black and white. I asked if someone could explain what makes this a great hire, as some have posted. The line of reasoning was based upon his "solid" resume, and based upon his coaching history, maybe I missed something. It's an earnest question.

Nepotism means family and/or friends. He has hired friends of his.

This is probably only interesting to me and a handful of people, but it really depends on what dictionary you are consulting (Merriam-Webster says family relationship, but the OED says family or friend). Originally nepotism involved a familial relationship. But over time people use words incorrectly or too broadly. The incorrect usage becomes more common. And the definition changes to the common usage (which seems to be happening right now with "nepotism"). It's how words like "irregardless" become "legitimate" words in actual dictionaries.

Advertisement
  1. Jess Simpson wanted to go back to the NFL. This has nothing to do with Manny Diaz.
  2. This has been in the works for some time.
  3. Losing Jess hurts, he was a fantastic coach of young men.
  4. Todd looks like he has a top notch resume for a DL coaching position - like any hire, time will tell.

The hysteria on this board is crazy. At the end of the day, your defensive line scheme starts at the top and that isn't changing.

Not liking some of these hires.

Ol Gator Cane trolling the canes again. Didn't you know anyone that says ANYTHING negative about the coaching staff is automatically a Gator fan?

Only joking Dawg. I had to hit you with that after a whole year of you calling me a troll.

Advertisement
Advertisement
a few weeks ago people were saying jess cant recruit, now it will be end of the world. I love the guy as a coach to be honest.
im upset he's leaving. dont know enough about shroud but it seems like manny wanted him around for a minute.
didnt like simpson,i dont like guys who cant land top talents. he was better then kul though

Advertisement
Nepotism means family and/or friends. He has hired friends of his.

Advertisement
Back