Jerry Jeudy wins Biletnikoff

Hey wait a minute...

I thought "Souf" Fla players are all soft & overrated??
South Florida has the best skill players in the country, but the criticism was that they were mentally soft in the face of adversity. Jeudy and Baker played on teams that dominated. South Florida players shine when things go their way, and have been folding/whining/quiting when they don't. This goes on in other areas of the country, but it is very strong down here. That was the argument.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Doesnt matter its whos the better prospect at the next level, bama wrs are killing it in the nfl. Julio Cooper Ridley **** they are not putting in scrubs anymore.

Julio is the best WR in the NFL, but to say Cooper and Ridley are "killing it" is a stretch.

Yeah. These awards are all popularity/team contests. Manny wasn't a finalist for A. coach of the year. Willis can't even get All-ACC over someone with 20 less tackles. NFL will show how good our guys really are.

There great wrs if we had Miami receivers doing what thye do they would be Jesus on here

I'm more realistic than that. Neither Cooper nor Ridley will reach 1,000 yards this year so no they're not great receivers, good not great seasons.

Advertisement
I'm more realistic than that. Neither Cooper nor Ridley will reach 1,000 yards this year so no they're not great receivers, good not great seasons.

Cooper has 705 yards this year with 4 games remaining lol. I'd say he will get 1000 yards especially since the cowboys feature him. Raiders were trying to sabotage him for no reason

Last edited:
Advertisement
Cooper has 705 yards this year with 4 games remaining lol. I'd say he will get 100 yards especially since the cowboys feature him. Raiders were trying to sabotage him for no reason

Has to average nearly 75 yards per game to get there and even his 1000 yard seasons in Oakland he only averaged around 65 so I don't think so.

South Florida has the best skill players in the country, but the criticism was that they were mentally soft in the face of adversity. Jeudy and Baker played on teams that dominated. South Florida players shine when things go their way, and have been folding/whining/quiting when they don't. This goes on in other areas of the country, but it is very strong down here.

Smh. Where are you getting this from? Because UM underachieved? UCF has a bunch of south Florida players that was on that 0-12 team losing to Ron Turner and FIU. They look fine now. Jeudy and Baker has to compete and rose above their obstacles. Wasn’t Baker a 3 star too? He wasn’t even a highly heralded recruit like JJ.

Then you're not "killing it" if you don't at least get 1000 yards, never said he wasn't good, I said not great.

Stats are kind of a skewed way to judge that imo. A lot of factors such as trash QB, bad OL, another good receiver on the opposite side, etc can affect your "1000 yard WR =elite" theory.

He's good nonetheless and the scary thing is Jeudy is already better than him going into his junior year.

Advertisement
Stats are kind of a skewed way to judge that imo. A lot of factors such as trash QB, bad OL, another good receiver on the opposite side, etc can affect your "1000 yard WR =elite" theory.

He's good nonetheless and the scary thing is Jeudy is already better than him going into his junior year.

He has one of the best QBs throwing to him and all the pressure goes to covering Julio. Ask Alvin Harper how tough that situation is.

Sighhhhh

Oh and DeAndre Baker won the Thorpe Award.....both Miami guys

And on the stage all Chris Fowler wanted to talk about was how great Miami players are (too bad none go to Miami)
The only association south florida HS kids have with Miami being a winning program are tales their fathers and uncles tell them. Until Miami starts winning again, the sad reality is most of them won't have that old school burning desire to be a Cane. If we can start winning again, I truly believe it will catch fire again. You saw a flash of that last year when we whipped ND in front of all those recruits, got to 10-0 and were the talk of the college football world for a minute there, and you saw that reflected in Storm18.

Unfortunately, we ended the year on a horrific 4 game losing streak, killing all that positive momentum, and have nose dived even further this year. IF we can show them what a winning Miami team looks like with their own eyes (and I recognize that's a big if), we will start getting the local studs to want to stay home. Of course, without the top recruits it's hard to win, can't get the top recruits til we do win, etc; so it's somewhat defeating circular logic.

We need something to be the spark to start that fire. Unfortunately, right now we have a pile of wet wood and an old flint.

Has to average nearly 75 yards per game to get there and even his 1000 yard seasons in Oakland he only averaged around 65 so I don't think so.
Well you don't know what's happening. He's been with the cowboys for 5 games and has 425 yards. That's 85 yards a game and he's getting in better sync each game with Dak... But yeah it won't happen according to this board lol

Advertisement
He has one of the best QBs throwing to him and all the pressure goes to covering Julio. Ask Alvin Harper how tough that situation is.
And thats why stats are skewed across the board. I'm not looking at the numbers but the player. Jeudy looks closer to Julio than Ridley. Superior route-runner, body control, hands, and speed.

LOL...now I have seen it all on CIS. What ever you smoking/drinking please let me know

I don’t see how me saying that is so unbelievable?? Only to a groupie it would be. You act like 5’10 Baker is the next Charles Woodson lmao

I don’t see how me saying that is so unbelievable?? Only to a groupie it would be. You act like 5’10 Baker is the next Charles Woodson lmao

I never said he was the next Woodson or anything close to it...just said he is better than MJ

Well you don't know what's happening. He's been with the cowboys for 5 games and has 425 yards. That's 85 yards a game and he's getting in better sync each game with Dak... But yeah it won't happen according to this board lol

180 of them came in 1 game, so that number is skewed. He'll end up with 950-975.

Advertisement
Back