2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need a guy that goes through his reads and gets it there. Everyone falls in love with arm strength and accuracy but one thing they do forget. The most vital thing for a qb…….does he see things and does he see it fast before anyone else. Does he see the window does he get it there on time before the defender knows wtf is going on. That trait gets ignored and that’s why a lot of guys fail in the nfl. They are late no matter arm strength and you see busts from previous draft have all the tools but can’t get the timing cause things are too fast for them.
Dawson in his presser today said about maybe "they have system qb he goes through all his reads and sees all his wrs"

Advertisement
I would love to know how is Miami selling the QB position to him.
I would think the future of the QB position is important to trader, chance, and Ny Carr as well and they bought in. Many more moving parts to this recruitment though it is important no doubt.

You need a guy that goes through his reads and gets it there. Everyone falls in love with arm strength and accuracy but one thing they do forget. The most vital thing for a qb…….does he see things and does he see it fast before anyone else. Does he see the window does he get it there on time before the defender knows wtf is going on. That trait gets ignored and that’s why a lot of guys fail in the nfl. They are late no matter arm strength and you see busts from previous draft have all the tools but can’t get the timing cause things are too fast for them.
Dawson in his presser today said about maybe "they have system qb he goes through all his reads and sees all his wrs"

Todd Mcshay was just on a podcast and saying the samething about TVD. a quick breakdown of him not seeing it fully, says he has as much arm talent as the top guys, but locks on to players and brings defenders over, forces too many throws when checkdowns are available. Should start at 46:11

Todd Mcshay was just on a podcast and saying the samething about TVD. a quick breakdown of him not seeing it fully, says he has as much arm talent as the top guys, but locks on to players and brings defenders over, forces too many throws when checkdowns are available. Should start at 46:11

Exactly what I said he doesn’t see it and make quick decisions. Has to do with either you just can’t see it or you are scared so your hoping the OCs first read is there. Problem is no OC first read is always going to be there.

I told y’all he doesn’t see it

I genuinely cannot express to anyone how often while watching games I am yelling at my TV for him to just look to the left or right a bit to see his wide open RB or WR in the flat for easy 5+ yards only for him to then try and force the ball to a double/triple covered X. I can't fathom how a D1 level QB doesn't have the wherewithal to look for his check downs.

Advertisement
I genuinely cannot express to anyone how often while watching games I am yelling at my TV for him to just look to the left or right a bit to see his wide open RB or WR in the flat for easy 5+ yards only for him to then try and force the ball to a double/triple covered X. I can't fathom how a D1 level QB doesn't have the wherewithal to look for his check downs.

Honestly, I think he is a stressed out, mental mess right now.

Why not play Chris Johnson more instead of Parrish especially in passing downs with good route combinations give him a screen and some stretch plays
It’s definitely a weight thing. He’ll get killed out there without another 10-15 on him.

Advertisement
It’s definitely a weight thing. He’ll get killed out there without another 10-15 on him.
I can’t lie man we need his talent out of the backfield or give Breshard more running back touches we need someone who can bust those long runs and end up in the end zone put him in a two back set and use the other back for protection

Why do you think everything sounds ***?
Bc it’s a running joke on here that I started & some ppl get a kick out of it bc we like to laugh & have fun. If ur not *** den it shouldn’t bother u right🤷🏾‍♂️🧐👀 right🧐 am I right🤔? So if u scroll across sum of my post that u don’t like, jus skip it & move on or put me on ignore BUDDY! Have an outstanding day. Go Canes

Not sure about that one. Noel Devine was smaller than him and held up pretty well and there's been other backs that are smaller and been successful at this level.

Advertisement
Why not play Chris Johnson more instead of Parrish especially in passing downs with good route combinations give him a screen and some stretch plays
might be because of protection cause Sometimes it takes kids a bit to pick up on it so I'm not saying it is but it might be something of that sort.

might be because of protection cause Sometimes it takes kids a bit to pick up on it so I'm not saying it is but it might be something of that sort.
It’s definitely possible I’m just not sure our offense can sustain long drives always so we need to try to have our most explosive guys out there to try to take advantage of our scoring opportunities

Weight is only an excuse for teams who don’t know how to utilize the talent they have.
FACTS!!!! Dont tell me what he cant do, put him in position to succeed! You dont keep 10.2 speeeeeeeeeed on the bench, man wtf?! People act like he a crack head.. If Ajay Allen can get reps and he weighs like 5 more pounds than cj it dont matter, cuz Allen looks like he struggle with pass blocking also..

Advertisement
FACTS!!!! Dont tell me what he cant do, put him in position to succeed! You dont keep 10.2 speeeeeeeeeed on the bench, man wtf?! People act like he a crack head.. If Ajay Allen can get reps and he weighs like 5 more pounds than cj it dont matter, cuz Allen looks like he struggle with pass blocking also..
CJ's speed is elite. We don't know what to do with elite speed. If we can't coach it, we won't use it.

I would be more frustrated and am more a cfb fan but I have accepted to get my speeeeeeed fix on Sundays, Dolphins/McDaniels doin things while leading league in rushing without having to be boring run up middle offense.
watching us play and then watching the fins on sundays its like two diff sports. its insane. the fins are so much fun to watch.

Not sure about that one. Noel Devine was smaller than him and held up pretty well and there's been other backs that are smaller and been successful at this level.
Noel Devine was fully grown at the age of 9, and built like a brick ****house by the time he got to college. Johnson doesn't nearly have that development right now, but will eventually carry more pounds than Devine.

Devine also ended up getting a lof of tread on the tries, picked up several injuries, and wore down. He looks about 50 today (although in good shape).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back