2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement

security watching GIF

Spying Tv Show GIF by Laff

Bird Hello GIF

Advertisement
DNofrio was running Golden's defense, which was Al Groh's 3-4 (buddy of mine played for Golden at UVA). DNofrio was especially bad at being a DC, but even if he'd resigned, I think Golden would have picked another guy who ran the same type of 3-4 (which focused on size over speed). Obviously there are 3-4 variations that COULD have worked (like Aranda's, which was effective even with smaller guys up front) but I don't think Golden would have adapted. Loyalty to DNofrio was part of the problem, but I think a bigger part of the problem is he wasn't willing to adapt. In an alternate universe where Golden was willing to dump his desire to have players become morbidly obese and have a lot of body positivity, I think Golden would have managed to have a few 10 win seasons under his belt and while we wouldn't have become national champs, we'd at least have been respectable.
That's not true. He ran goldens defense to a very small degree. Where we ran into a problem was due to no dnofrio adaption on the back end. Our front 7 was STRONG. Our issue was on the back end we took all aggression out of the game and made everything about zone and read and react... look anywhere goldens ever been and you'll never see the back end of a defense approaching each and every single moment that way.

That's not true. He ran goldens defense to a very small degree. Where we ran into a problem was due to no dnofrio adaption on the back end. Our front 7 was STRONG. Our issue was on the back end we took all aggression out of the game and made everything about zone and read and react... look anywhere goldens ever been and you'll never see the back end of a defense approaching each and every single moment that way.
GT game under Paul Johnson where the safeties were 7 yards in the end zone was all I ever needed to see from No D. The fact that he wasn’t fired immediately after that game showed me that AG was never going to really work here.

Our defensive recruiting under those guys was pretty impressive

I kept saying that when No D would make his excuses. I’m like bro your entire D is 4 and 5 stars..what is the END GAME here? How far you gonna kick the can down the street trying to act like when you get the right players it will all work?

Advertisement
It doesn't change the fact they ***. I'm still a giants fan but that doesn't mean I don't realize Daniel(peso)Jones is the worst QB to grab a ball as a starting QB in the NFL since Ryan leaf... long as you realize Justin Fields is a REALLY poor man's version of Cam Newton (Cam Newton now not a young version of himself)than you good to go.
Jesus Christ bro! The Cam Newton of now? Not at least 4-5 years ago?

GT game under Paul Johnson where the safeties were 7 yards in the end zone was all I ever needed to see from No D. The fact that he wasn’t fired immediately after that game showed me that AG was never going to really work here.
Please don’t give me nightmares

Advertisement
DNofrio was running Golden's defense, which was Al Groh's 3-4 (buddy of mine played for Golden at UVA). DNofrio was especially bad at being a DC, but even if he'd resigned, I think Golden would have picked another guy who ran the same type of 3-4 (which focused on size over speed). Obviously there are 3-4 variations that COULD have worked (like Aranda's, which was effective even with smaller guys up front) but I don't think Golden would have adapted. Loyalty to DNofrio was part of the problem, but I think a bigger part of the problem is he wasn't willing to adapt. In an alternate universe where Golden was willing to dump his desire to have players become morbidly obese and have a lot of body positivity, I think Golden would have managed to have a few 10 win seasons under his belt and while we wouldn't have become national champs, we'd at least have been respectable.
Makes what Mario’s done by (apparently) giving up on his ground and pound O all the more impressive.

Would you rather have a coach that spends valuable time at an AA meeting or in the film room and the practice field? The choice here is clear.

The part about Al Golden wanting to have a Jumbo sized 3-4 focusing on size over speed isn't true? Anthony Chickillo might have a very different opinion than you on that. I believe the actual words he used to describe how Al Golden tried to bulk him up (Golden made him put on 60 lbs) and use him in the defensive scheme [BGCOLOR=initial]were "it was a literal nightmare."[/BGCOLOR]

Last edited:
Advertisement
The part about Al Golden wanting to have a Jumbo sized 3-4 focusing on size over speed isn't true? Anthony Chickillo might have a very different opinion than you on that. I believe the actual words he used to describe how Al Golden tried to bulk him up (Golden made him put on 60 lbs) and use him in the defensive scheme [BGCOLOR=initial]were "it was a literal nightmare."[/BGCOLOR]
If you're gonna try to quote what I'm saying than please be close to accurate. Our front 7 was never the issue and that part wasn't anything no dnofrio tried to change. Where his individuality came in and where he ****ed us was in the db group. So again (since what I'm saying doesn't seem to register)where no d changed up from alfraud defense was in the back end. Not the front 7. Also you can twist it however you want. Feel free. But our issue with him was never in the front 7. We were fine up front, regardless of what he did in nutrition and s&c. Our issue came from how we played our dbs. Thanks. By the way telling me what chick had to say doesn't change **** for me. While how his weight and alignment on the defense could've certainly been considered issues,plenty of things he'd consistently do were considered issues as well. You're telling me about someone very close to me(chick & his family). So I don't need lectures.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back