2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you seriously need to get over this sense of entitlement that you feel about these players' loyalty. Miami has literally accomplished nothing during these players lifetime, other than that one year under Richt where they ultimately stumbled at the end. All of the stories about great Miami teams are just that them, stories. The Sean Taylor, Vilma, greatest team of all time or whatever were all 20+ years ago. Meanwhile, these recruits are being courted by currently elite programs like OSU, Bama, and GA. Yet, you guys are surprised that they aren't stumbling over each other to come play for Miami?
Entitled? Not entitled to anything except expecting these kids to respect my favorite school. If they want to troll and/or take their time, then that's fine. But I want MY favorite school to be in a position where they can move on and still win games without the players that want to play games or aren't willing to commit and shut things down.

Like I said, kids like Jeremiah will always have a spot no matter what. But some of these kids that aren't as highly regarded are and should be replaceable and they should be a little worried about losing their spot.

Miami isn't there now but put together a 10 win season and a dynamic offense and things can quickly.

Basically I don't want my favorite school to be held hostage by the local kids just because they're the local kids. I hope they're recruited hard and feel welcome and feel like Miami is home. But it's a 2 way street.

Advertisement
From Ferman's site - they got Christopher Smith, JJ's father , on the phone after they left campus.

- Christopher stressed that for Miami to really have a chance at a 5-star flip the team will need to show offensive improvement and explosiveness this fall.

-“I know it’s very important for the program in general, and I would like to see them be successful,” Christopher said. “They’ve had some down years. But all I’ll say is we’ll see what’s going on and see how it goes from here. … They’re doing their due diligence. Me and my family are very grateful, and we’ll see what goes on in the near future. We’re going to watch a game or two and see how they look.”

-Christopher said Miami “rolled out the red carpet” to impress the Smith family. That included in-depth discussions, player interaction, thorough breakdowns of practice philosophies and the brotherhood head coach Mario Cristobal is building in Coral Gables.

-“They didn’t compare themselves to Ohio State or Hartline,” Christopher said. “It was focused on what (Miami) can do and what (Jeremiah) can bring to the table for their program. (Miami’s staff said) he can bring a different dynamic to the offense they’re trying to run and they can make him a better player.”

- Smith said Jeremiah wants to enjoy himself and “just be a kid” his senior year of high school, and there isn’t a clear and obvious next step in his recruitment. He plans to focus on things outside of his college recruitment with the impending dead period.

From Ferman's site - they got Christopher Smith, JJ's father , on the phone after they left campus.

- Christopher stressed that for Miami to really have a chance at a 5-star flip the team will need to show offensive improvement and explosiveness this fall.

-“I know it’s very important for the program in general, and I would like to see them be successful,” Christopher said. “They’ve had some down years. But all I’ll say is we’ll see what’s going on and see how it goes from here. … They’re doing their due diligence. Me and my family are very grateful, and we’ll see what goes on in the near future. We’re going to watch a game or two and see how they look.”

-Christopher said Miami “rolled out the red carpet” to impress the Smith family. That included in-depth discussions, player interaction, thorough breakdowns of practice philosophies and the brotherhood head coach Mario Cristobal is building in Coral Gables.

-“They didn’t compare themselves to Ohio State or Hartline,” Christopher said. “It was focused on what (Miami) can do and what (Jeremiah) can bring to the table for their program. (Miami’s staff said) he can bring a different dynamic to the offense they’re trying to run and they can make him a better player.”

- Smith said Jeremiah wants to enjoy himself and “just be a kid” his senior year of high school, and there isn’t a clear and obvious next step in his recruitment. He plans to focus on things outside of his college recruitment with the impending dead period.
I mean that is all we can ask for from JS and his family. We have to show significant improvement on the field (and I think we will) to have a chance with them. Otherwise, then yes OSU is the better option for him. Hopefully we can make the decision very difficult for them when we get close to signing day and give ourselves a chance.

Very fair and respectful comments tbh

letting them down easy

Advertisement
Advertisement
So he said everything anybody with a clue has been telling you for months.

The kid has top of round 1 talent and he’s not willing to jeopardize it playing in a trash scheme. Show me you can take my god given ability and develop it into a round 1 pick and I’ll consider your school. Go to 7 overtimes to beat Virginia 5-3 again, and you can kick rocks.

Not sure how anyone can be upset with this approach. If it was my kid, he’d go to Miami or he’d be disowned. But I’m a psychotic Miami fan. These people aren’t. It’s ok.

Yeah no lies told… we have to show offensive improvements.

Also like how staff didn’t compare to taint… showed them why WE needed him and how WE would use him.
That’s the biggest selling point we have over taint is that he would be the prize here while at OSU he would be one of the many 5 star WR recruits they’ve snagged.

Advertisement

Shannon Dawson has alot of pressure to show a dynamic, high powered offense this year. However, if can can accomplish that he will have access to the very best talent in the nation going forward (maybe even the class of '24).

agree. I could care less about Geno smith on his own. Don't bring an OSU guy with you when there's an OSU commit Miami is working. Go elsewhere to throw.
You think Geno knows or cares what 17 year olds are on campus when he needs to practice? He’s just going to go get his work in wherever is convenient for him and he knows the staff will welcome him

Advertisement
That’s the biggest selling point we have over taint is that he would be the prize here while at OSU he would be one of the many 5 star WR recruits they’ve snagged.

I’m gonna say this and I’ll take a little heat for it but who has Hartline developed? He’s getting high 4 and 5 star receivers. I know people can look at Beard and say the same who he’s developed but is it development or scheme?

Any poster who has a problem with Smiths dad’s comments are delusional. He’s being real. Our offense was trash. We haven’t had a WR go in the first round of the NFL draft in 2 decades. (I’m sure Hartline is going to remind them of this). We absolutely are in “show me, don’t tell me” mode. And as fans..I think we are too. Lol.

(Forgot about Phillip Dorsett. But you get my point)

Last edited:
Geno Smith isn’t taking jsn to West Virginia, jsn isn’t taking Smith to ohio lol

It should be easy to spin that in Miamis favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back