2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m gonna say this and I’ll take a little heat for it but who has Hartline developed? He’s getting high 4 and 5 star receivers. I know people can look at Beard and say the same who he’s developed but is it development or scheme?
You’ll never get heat from me. I’ve always said the same thing.

No one has ever pointed to Hartline turning a diamond in the rough into a first rounder.

And with his resume, he’ll never have to even if he turns out to be a trash OC.

Once you strike gold and get a couple kids drafted high, you can ride out with that for at least a decade.

We’ve gotten that benefit with TEs even when it was different coaching staffs.

We need to get a couple of these highly rated receivers to go high in the draft.

I expect us to eventually be like Bama when it comes to oline once a bunch of our guys go in the first round (we are kind of like that now because of Sewell).

Advertisement
we got the OL bc MARIO sent kids to the first round at Oregon, bama. they came for Mario. you will get one or two kids who love the U even when you suck (Duke being an example wasn't going anywhere else), but imo ray ray is good but not those game breakers you need on the outside.
He could easily say I got Ty Hilton drafted. U right Ray Ray is a notch below those special talents. I just think people tie Mario to wins or improvement like it effects his recruiting. Just cause one recruit uses that narrative that doesn't mean that's how it works. Can he secure a better relationship than Hartline is the question. If he can't do that he doesn't have a chance.

we got the OL bc MARIO sent kids to the first round at Oregon, bama. they came for Mario. you will get one or two kids who love the U even when you suck (Duke being an example wasn't going anywhere else), but imo ray ray is good but not those game breakers you need on the outside.
Game breakers dont need to be on the outside. One factor peple dont consider, Gattis did nothing to get WRs open. It was all, yeah beat that man and see if u open.

I been watch Dawson film, this man running rub routes 30 yards down the field to get Tank Dell open. He is stacking WRs, he doing bunches, bringing them in motion to get #1 on the #2 CB. Innovation. He has alot of weapons to work with when u consider the TEs, RBs and WRs. People simply fixate on big outside WR....who we also have. U dont need to be big to be a #1, u need to be able to get off press and run smart routes.

He could easily say I got Ty Hilton drafted. U right Ray Ray is a notch below those special talents. I just think people tie Mario to wins or improvement like it effects his recruiting. Just cause one recruit uses that narrative that doesn't mean that's how it works. Can he secure a better relationship than Hartline is the question. If he can't do that he doesn't have a chance.
T.Y. from like 13 years ago? lol.

yeahhhhh lol.

Mario most recently kids to the first round as an OL coach at Bama and Oregon.

Mario isnt ever going to be hartline as a WR recruiter. he just needs to hope his OC is a home run hire this time around and the offense is explosive. once we have that, id look to upgrade the WRC or at least bring on a big time recruiter somewhere in support if were keeping beard in that spot

Game breakers dont need to be on the outside. One factor peple dont consider, Gattis did nothing to get WRs open. It was all, yeah beat that man and see if u open.

I been watch Dawson film, this man running rub routes 30 yards down the field to get Tank Dell open. He is stacking WRs, he doing bunches, bringing them in motion to get #1 on the #2 CB. Innovation. He has alot of weapons to work with when u consider the TEs, RBs and WRs. People simply fixate on big outside WR....who we also have. U dont need to be big to be a #1, u need to be able to get off press and run smart routes.
I was on the gattis sucks train since southern miss. I got killed for it

Advertisement
I’m gonna say this and I’ll take a little heat for it but who has Hartline developed? He’s getting high 4 and 5 star receivers. I know people can look at Beard and say the same who he’s developed but is it development or scheme?
*sigh* if we’re going to do this I’m going to need a drink. But it’s been a while so I’ll bite (pause). Answering your question with a question.. well who has Mario ever developed by your own standard? Plenty of 4 and 5 star guys every year go undrafted. Hartlines guys go first round.. and then produce

Some of you seriously need to get over this sense of entitlement that you feel about these players' loyalty. Miami has literally accomplished nothing during these players lifetime, other than that one year under Richt where they ultimately stumbled at the end. All of the stories about great Miami teams are just that them, stories. The Sean Taylor, Vilma, greatest team of all time or whatever were all 20+ years ago. Meanwhile, these recruits are being courted by currently elite programs like OSU, Bama, and GA. Yet, you guys are surprised that they aren't stumbling over each other to come play for Miami?
Go F*ck yourself....

*sigh* if we’re going to do this I’m going to need a drink. But it’s been a while so I’ll bite (pause). Answering your question with a question.. well who has Mario ever developed by your own standard? Plenty of 4 and 5 star guys every year go undrafted. Hartlines guys go first round.. and then produce
Exactly… he is on pace to get his last 4 guys drafted in the first round. Even if he gets all 5 stars every year that is still impressive.

Advertisement
T.Y. from like 13 years ago? lol.

yeahhhhh lol.

Mario most recently kids to the first round as an OL coach at Bama and Oregon.

Mario isnt ever going to be hartline as a WR recruiter. he just needs to hope his OC is a home run hire this time around and the offense is explosive. once we have that, id look to upgrade the WRC or at least bring on a big time recruiter somewhere in support if were keeping beard in that spot
Ok let's say this plays out. We win 8 have a good offense and everything plays out well for us. He still chooses OSU. What would u think?

I would know for sure that play calling/improvement thing was cap. That means the relationship won out. If we win to me it would be because he vibes well with Mario over BH.

Last edited:
Lets say for instance we win 10-11 games this year & Colbie Young has 1200 yards & 10 tds? That's why you continue to recruit everyone. Bc if we go nuts this year all the south florida front runners will want in the boat.

One of my biggest hopes for the season is that Young builds off what we saw between him and TVD last year and has a season like Hurns’ senior year.

If talent is based on NFL draft, what have Mario’s classes amounted to draft wise?

We know it guys like a Sewell and Thibs, but have those classes produced NFL Draft talent?

I’m curious but haven’t done the homework

Ok let's say this plays out. We win 8 have a good offense and everything plays out well for us. He still chooses OSU. What would u think?

I would know for sure that play calling/improvement thing was cap. That means the relationship won out. If we win to me it would be because he vibes well with Mario over BH.
OSU sent how many kids to the first round most recently? youre not landing kids like him w 8 wins and one good season imo. match OSUs win total and field as good of an offense then were talking w kids like him bc OSU can show all their first round picks to him while we can't.

having a good offense season does allow you to get some of the lesser kids that are also Turning you down tho.

Advertisement
Cool story bro. Would read again.

People aren’t saying don’t recruit him … they are saying he needs to stop being a Kardashian and start handling his business like an adult.
Na re read the thread. Many people saying stop recruiting him

OSU sent how many kids to the first round most recently? youre not landing kids like him w 8 wins and one good season imo. match OSUs win total and field as good of an offense then were talking w kids like him bc OSU can show all their first round picks to him while we can't.

having a good offense season does allow you to get some of the lesser kids that are also Turning you down tho.
We will find out what wins out and what they say. They said that JS said we have to show improvement on offense that's it. So let's see if they push that goal post back when we do improve and he still ain't feeling us.

Advertisement
We will find out what wins out and what they say. They said that JS said we have to show improvement on offense that's it. So let's see if they push that goal post back when we do improve and he still ain't feeling us.
you win 8 games, it wont be enough. ill tell you that now. OSU wins 10+ regularly. 8 is a joke and mediocre as ****. also, id read between the lines. hes kinda letting us down easy lol.

I mean if Dawson calls plays at a high level and we seem to be building an elite Oline, we have a great young group of RBs and we are loaded at TE, do we really need a bunch of 5 star receivers running around the field to win games? Sure no one will turn away a talent like him and he certainly makes things easier but we should be fine with the group we have and continue to add good ones to the mix like Ray Ray, Chance, etc. Getting a player like JS is just extra credit on top of a grade that should be an A either way.
While I agree with a lot of what you wrote, our best teams had absolute stud WRs like Michael Irvin, Brian Blades, Brett Perriman, Lamar Thomas and Andre Johnson (among many others). It’s been a huge part of our identity and should be going forward given how many points you need to score in CFB today. We will be loaded at OL and RB for the next few years. Our TE recruiting has also been really strong. Add a couple stud QBs and 3-4 alpha dogs at WR and we’ll be cooking again in a couple of years.

Any poster who has a problem with Smiths dad’s comments are delusional. He’s being real. Our offense was trash. We haven’t had a WR go in the first round of the NFL draft in 2 decades. (I’m sure Hartline is going to remind them of this). We absolutely are in “show me, don’t tell me” mode. And as fans..I think we are too. Lol.

(Forgot about Phillip Dorsett. But you get my point)
I understand what you’re saying. But at some point someone has to take a leap of faith. Just like all the other um players did for coaches that hadn’t won sht and they became legends.
This talk about wins and product is all just more excuses.
Mario and the staff and the recruits he’s brought along have enough imo for a kid to pull the trigger.

The “show me an offense” is just spin to a kid who’s already committed and is showing all the typical talk of someone who isn’t coming.
You want to know what’s another unknown? Where hartline will be coaching in 12 months and I guarantee that’s more of an unknown than what Miami will look like in 12 months.
The only guarantee is that osu will at the very least (unless there is an implosion) will be at a New Year’s Day bowl.
And Miami will hope to win more than 8 games.
But that’s just one year from now and not 2 or 3.
The team Ed reed committed to wasn’t the same team 3 years later.

The other guarantee is that Mario loves this U and this city more than anyone at that sockeye staff loves that team or Columbus.

And he sure as Fck is gonna do everything in his power to make sure that any player gets the best coaching and opportunities to succeed.

As a parent or a player you either believe or or you don’t.
And if you’re gonna compare manny, the chain and loafer boy to mario zo and Rad then go ahead and take off.
But don’t bore us with the “offense with a pulse” bs unless you have specific numbers or exact expectations so we can check receipts.

Regardless of what we do on offense you can always say it just wasn’t enough.

You want a brand new oc with a bunch of new recruits and transfers to perform at the level of an established hc and oc with a bunch elite 5 stars on that offense then good luck in ohio.

Just like last year there will still be growing pains and dudes on here and the opps and the haters will jump on the negativity as soon as any smell of struggle happens.

Be part of the transformation or not. Regardless it’s gonna happen with or without you.

I understand what you’re saying. But at some point someone has to take a leap of faith. Just like all the other um players did for coaches that hadn’t won sht and they became legends.
This talk about wins and product is all just more excuses.
Mario and the staff and the recruits he’s brought along have enough imo for a kid to pull the trigger.

The “show me an offense” is just spin to a kid who’s already committed and is showing all the typical talk of someone who isn’t coming.
You want to know what’s another unknown? Where hartline will be coaching in 12 months and I guarantee that’s more of an unknown than what Miami will look like in 12 months.
The only guarantee is that osu will at the very least (unless there is an implosion) will be at a New Year’s Day bowl.
And Miami will hope to win more than 8 games.
But that’s just one year from now and not 2 or 3.
The team Ed reed committed to wasn’t the same team 3 years later.

The other guarantee is that Mario loves this U and this city more than anyone at that sockeye staff loves that team or Columbus.

And he sure as Fck is gonna do everything in his power to make sure that any player gets the best coaching and opportunities to succeed.

As a parent or a player you either believe or or you don’t.
And if you’re gonna compare manny, the chain and loafer boy to mario zo and Rad then go ahead and take off.
But don’t bore us with the “offense with a pulse” bs unless you have specific numbers or exact expectations so we can check receipts.

Regardless of what we do on offense you can always say it just wasn’t enough.

You want a brand new oc with a bunch of new recruits and transfers to perform at the level of an established hc and oc with a bunch elite 5 stars on that offense then good luck in ohio.

Just like last year there will still be growing pains and dudes on here and the opps and the haters will jump on the negativity as soon as any smell of struggle happens.

Be part of the transformation or not. Regardless it’s gonna happen with or without you.
Well said. The transformation will happen. They are putting too much resources and attention to every aspect of the program. Only question is when will it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back