2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but I don't think allot of y'all are aware of the climate we live in. Even on a team we funds we got duasso who plays both sides of the coin & the head trainer has no affiliation one way or the other. In our own backyard our alumni base is not local. That's why when y'all say nil sets up perfectly for us so we can compete(without the basis we developed) you're not realizing how many snakes we got in our own garden. We've developed a **** of a network for this which WILL ALLOW US TO COMPETE MOVING FORWARD but we're just as new as the coaching staff while these other people been planted weeds.
This, we’re probably the closest to a pro team than any college football team.

Advertisement
Lets say for instance we win 10-11 games this year & Colbie Young has 1200 yards & 10 tds? That's why you continue to recruit everyone. Bc if we go nuts this year all the south florida front runners will want in the boat.
Don’t get me wrong, I understand why Mario has to leave the door open with these recruits or he wouldn’t be doing his job. Even if there’s only a 1% chance, as Head Coach you always want to leave the lines of communication open. All I’m saying is, as fans, we don’t necessarily have to like it.

Will definitely get there cause it's all a money game. Combine that with results and it makes things easy. Just gotta remember all this is a long term play. Youth league, camps, etc all designed for results down the road. Not day 1.
This makes me understand even more why it took Mario so long to make a decision on all of his coaching hires earlier this year. There is SOOOOO much at stake that he can't make the same mistakes he made last year.

I'm sorry but I don't think allot of y'all are aware of the climate we live in. Even on a team we funds we got duasso who plays both sides of the coin & the head trainer has no affiliation one way or the other. In our own backyard our alumni base is not local. That's why when y'all say nil sets up perfectly for us so we can compete(without the basis we developed) you're not realizing how many snakes we got in our own garden. We've developed a **** of a network for this which WILL ALLOW US TO COMPETE MOVING FORWARD but we're just as new as the coaching staff while these other people been planted weeds.

TrumpyCane went on SFE website and is it true Rod Mack is on staff?

Surely has to help?

Advertisement
People haven’t realized that for at least the past decade the network that the other schools have established down here has been more of a challenge than our actual performance on the field.

We end up wondering why some kids from areas we recruit heavily has an offer from Bama and ohio state since 8th grade but Miami doesn’t find out about him until some camp when he balls out as a 10th grader.
This makes a 2 year gap difficult to make up even if the kid grew up a fan of ours. Then you add the on field performance and you see why we’ve been left on the table.

It's almost like a complete turn around takes years.

Advertisement
Not with Cristobal.
These local cats can ignore or talk sht about Golden or Manny. But not Mario.

CMR was well respected but the admin was still behind the curve on what it takes to build a program to an elite level.
Those relationships with recruits going back years can't happen overnight. What they're setting up will bear fruit for years to come. Add NIL and you're not only keeping the good recruits, but attracting the best the portal has to offer. Roster turnover takes time.

Those are two great points.

Go F*ck yourself....

Happy Good Morning GIF by joeyahlbum

It's almost like a complete turn around takes years.
A simple concept that many fans do not want to grasp. Miami is playing catch up in this regards but once we are established with the interesting football community ….lol. SEC has mastered this.

Yes, money runs the show at the end but Mario understands that throwing money at a problem (cough Crocs cough) isn’t the best way to separate yourself from other bag schools. For Miami, it isn’t a matter of if but when.

Advertisement
A simple concept that many fans do not want to grasp. Miami is playing catch up in this regards but once we are established with the interesting football community ….lol. SEC has mastered this.

Yes, money runs the show at the end but Mario understands that throwing money at a problem (cough Crocs cough) isn’t the best way to separate yourself from other bag schools. For Miami, it isn’t a matter of if but when.
It’s the “what have you done for me lately,I want it now” crowd. 20 years of mediocrity isn’t resolved in 18 months. There’s strong evidence that Mario is on the path to turning things around but it’s not going to happen as quickly as some think it should.

Those relationships with recruits going back years can't happen overnight. What they're setting up will bear fruit for years to come. Add NIL and you're not only keeping the good recruits, but attracting the best the portal has to offer. Roster turnover takes time.
At least not sofla. And that’s why we’re seeing so many west coast kids coming here.
The coaches he’s hired aren’t here to only recruit the 23 and 24 players.
There is a vision and a plan in place.

Some of you seriously need to get over this sense of entitlement that you feel about these players' loyalty. Miami has literally accomplished nothing during these players lifetime, other than that one year under Richt where they ultimately stumbled at the end. All of the stories about great Miami teams are just that them, stories. The Sean Taylor, Vilma, greatest team of all time or whatever were all 20+ years ago. Meanwhile, these recruits are being courted by currently elite programs like OSU, Bama, and GA. Yet, you guys are surprised that they aren't stumbling over each other to come play for Miami?
& What about osu is ELITE exactly in that same time span? Maybe you and I have a different value in words. And for me there's a VERY big difference between ELITE and HIGHLY COMPETITIVE... All that being said there's an even more sizeable gap between HIGHLY COMPETITIVE and BARELY BREATHING. For the majority of the time since 2005 we've barely been breathing. That is certainly part of the bigger issue. The rest is simply a dead horse I don't care to beat on. Right now we're going through a rebirth. Our program is starting over from square 1 & that requires patience. For people that don't have that in them I only hope they run off like the peons they are and go worry about these supposedly elite programs elsewhere...

Advertisement
I am torn over how accommodating we are to non-UM players in the offseason.

On the one hand, it puts recruits in contact with NFL players while they visit UM.
On the other hand, it shows recruits that you don’t have to play at UM to be welcome on to use UM facilities. So it’s not a very exclusive club we have created. Basically telling recruits you can go to college anywhere you want and we will still welcome you with open arms.

What am I missing for why UM feels it is in UM’s best interest to have all these on-UM players using our facilities? Mind you I could care less if this is about Geno or his receiver or anyone else because I could care less about any player who does not attend UM, regardless of where they went to high school. I guess you can tell me that Geno is helping us a little by hyping our new OC, and maybe that explains his presence, but who I the f*ck cares about his WR from G*dd*mn Ohio state.
People fail to realize THIS IS WHAT WEVE ALWAYS DONE... When everyone would talk about who's coming home to work with Tommy or swase in the offseason I guess they never understood the teammates that would come along and work with them. Very few big programs really restrict access so long as you come along with one of their own. Pick and choose the battles that are actually relevant.

Last edited:
People fail to realize THIS IS WHAT WEVE ALWAYS DONE... When everyone would talk about who's coming home to work with Tommy or swase in the offseason I guess they never understood the teammates that would come along and work with them. Very few big programs really restrict access so long as you come along with one of their own. Pick and choose the battles that are actually relevant.
Who is “one of our own“ with Geno and the OSU Wilde out?

Look, if it helps from a PR perspective then great. But I think it’s a fair question to ask what value it brings to UM.

And we always knew that teammates of Moss and Johnson and Edge, etc… would come with former UM players to train with Moffit and/or Swasey. And frankly we loved it back then because it was still predominantly former UM player.s. But all I saw was 2 guys who did not play at UM working out with each other. Maybe it’s much ado about nothing but I wish I could see the value it brings to UM.

Who is “one of our own“ with Geno and the OSU Wilde out?

Look, if it helps from a PR perspective then great. But I think it’s a fair question to ask what value it brings to UM.

And we always knew that teammates of Moss and Johnson and Edge, etc… would come with former UM players to train with Moffit and/or Swasey. And frankly we loved it back then because it was still predominantly former UM player.s. But all I saw was 2 guys who did not play at UM working out with each other. Maybe it’s much ado about nothing but I wish I could see the value it brings to UM.
So let me get this right. MOST fans on here can't get enough about *****ing and moaning about this judd kid. He's not this he's not that and no ELITE players wanna sign up with him... Well Dawson is in year #1. All he can show is van dyke who was relatively highly regarded already or the rest of the players in the room WHO HE JUST STARTED WORKING WITH. So again in trying to sell his vision to recruits of what a QB developed under him will look like where are our current options? Now with that in mind Geno smith chump *** is a Dawson guy. They get along well and he's been helpful to an extent. He is how Dawson is selling his vision essentially. Do I agree it could've been handled a lil better? Yeah I do. But I also know y'all are making this a far bigger issue than it is. If we're running from nonsense like this then we just some betas anyhow & we ain't got none of that **** in house... Also y'all making a WIDE ASSUMPTION that buddy is so enthusiastic about his support to osu as well... Plenty often that's just not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back