2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets say for instance we win 10-11 games this year & Colbie Young has 1200 yards & 10 tds? That's why you continue to recruit everyone. Bc if we go nuts this year all the south florida front runners will want in the boat.
And I'd take somebody elite like Jeremiah Smith but it would be nice to turn a few of them away as well to maybe send a message and just put a small dent into the games of the S.Fla divas in the future..force them to commit early and recruit for us instead of being the last guys to jump on board or even worse, just flirting with us the whole time to end up going elsewhere.

Advertisement
And I'd take somebody elite like Jeremiah Smith but it would be nice to turn a few of them away as well to maybe send a message and just put a small dent into the games of the S.Fla divas in the future..force them to commit early and recruit for us instead of being the last guys to jump on board or even worse, just flirting with us the whole time to end up going elsewhere.
lol theyre not hurting if we turn down elite talent only to watch them go elsewhere and become first round picks while we haven't sent a receiver in the first round since Dorsett esp doing it out of some bull**** principles bc were salty we haven't landed them recently

Pretty clear lots of you haven’t been in the facilities during the summer months. Even at the worst times, Miami had nfl and nba guys on campus that didn’t play at UM.

Miami has to perform well this year if they want Smith and others to sign. On top of, nil, coaches they like, and signing most of the ravens…
athletes (former pro and current pros alike) training in miami during the offseason is nothing new. a lot of them train in design district with David Alexander too.

Thank you. Finally someone with the honesty to say what’s been needed to be said. Every year it’s the same thing with the majority of these elite south Florida kids. They commit to the “elite” programs and then spend the next 12 months hanging around the building talking about how much they love The U, knowing **** well they have zero intention of coming here. I think the reason fans are fed up because we know when we’re being trolled...it’s so obvious. It sorta reminds me of a dude who’s woman is out cheating on him every night, yet at the end of each night he welcomes her back with open arms. At some point you have to show some dignity and refuse to be played for a fool time and time again. At least with Innis he let it be known from the jump he was 100% OSU and never wavered or gave us false hope. If I knew I were getting played like Smith is doing the door would be locked when he came to visit, but that’s just me.

Can you blame them?

We haven't strung good seasons together since before they were born; all they've seen is poor coaches, culture and performance.

****, last year we were 5-7.

I'm not justifying the trolling, but, I mean, c'mon; what have we given elite south Florida kids to consider?

Unfortunately, they all aren't built like Duke Johnson.

Last edited:
lol theyre not hurting if we turn down elite talent only to watch them go elsewhere and become first round picks while we haven't sent a receiver in the first round since Dorsett esp doing it out of some bull**** principles bc were salty we haven't landed them recently
I'm not wanting them to lose their opportunity to be a 1st round pick or to "hurt them."

I just want Mario/Miami to have some leverage to be able to tell them to commit early or lose their spot to an equally talented kid from another part of the country who's willing to commit early and shut things downs and even help recruit. If they don't want to do that and play at Miami it's fine but it'd be nice to be able to tell them they could lose their spot and mean it and not have to let them play games for 9 months only to end up going elsewhere anyways.

Kids like Jeremiah Smith will always have a spot and can do what they want (even schools like OSU, Bama, UGA would put up with Smith's games) because they're elite but I'm talking about the next step down of athletes who have equal talent in other parts of the country.

Advertisement
Something in the visits thread got me thinking. Yeah i dont expect JJ to flip from Ohio St. But rumors last year was Hartline was in for other jobs this offseason before they bumped him up to OC. If he starts getting more interest particularly from the NFL, those rumors will start leaking around Signing day time. Im sure coaches do their best to reassure players. But other teams will look to exploit it. That could be a factor down the stretch, especially if at that point our offense is legit and showing life.

Thats an angle i never looked at. Didnt people say Cormani was concerned about DVD leaving? Maybe it helps us this time who knows. Just something to ponder.

Something in the visits thread got me thinking. Yeah i dont expect JJ to flip from Ohio St. But rumors last year was Hartline was in for other jobs this offseason before they bumped him up to OC. If he starts getting more interest particularly from the NFL, those rumors will start leaking around Signing day time. Im sure coaches do their best to reassure players. But other teams will look to exploit it. That could be a factor down the stretch, especially if at that point our offense is legit and showing life.

Thats an angle i never looked at. Didnt people say Cormani was concerned about DVD leaving? Maybe it helps us this time who knows. Just something to ponder.
I dunno

I think we read into it too much sometimes

Sure it happens but if you want to do something, then you just do it. If you don’t you’ll always find an excuse

I don’t buy those excuses most of the time

I dunno

I think we read into it too much sometimes

Sure it happens but if you want to do something, then you just do it. If you don’t you’ll always find an excuse

I don’t buy those excuses most of the time
Im not making excuses. Im talking about Cristobal continuing to recruit dude till signing day. Simple. I already said i dont expect him to flip

Advertisement
Some of you seriously need to get over this sense of entitlement that you feel about these players' loyalty. Miami has literally accomplished nothing during these players lifetime, other than that one year under Richt where they ultimately stumbled at the end. All of the stories about great Miami teams are just that them, stories. The Sean Taylor, Vilma, greatest team of all time or whatever were all 20+ years ago. Meanwhile, these recruits are being courted by currently elite programs like OSU, Bama, and GA. Yet, you guys are surprised that they aren't stumbling over each other to come play for Miami?

Some of you seriously need to get over this sense of entitlement that you feel about these players' loyalty. Miami has literally accomplished nothing during these players lifetime, other than that one year under Richt where they ultimately stumbled at the end. All of the stories about great Miami teams are just that them, stories. The Sean Taylor, Vilma, greatest team of all time or whatever were all 20+ years ago. Meanwhile, these recruits are being courted by currently elite programs like OSU, Bama, and GA. Yet, you guys are surprised that they aren't stumbling over each other to come play for Miami?
U dont seem to be here alot. Think most people accept all that u posted. And are at the point of ok. Go away then because they think he is trolling. Which is different than just choosing to go elsewhere. We been over this multiple times on this board. Everyone knows we aint top of the food chain.

If Mario wanna recruit him. Have at it is where am at.

I am torn over how accommodating we are to non-UM players in the offseason.

On the one hand, it puts recruits in contact with NFL players while they visit UM.
On the other hand, it shows recruits that you don’t have to play at UM to be welcome to use UM facilities. So it’s not a very exclusive club we have created. Basically telling recruits you can go to college anywhere you want and we will still welcome you with open arms.

What am I missing for why UM feels it is in UM’s best interest to have all these non-UM players using our facilities? Mind you I could care less if this is about Geno or his receiver or anyone else because I could care less about any player who does not attend UM, regardless of where they went to high school. I guess you can tell me that Geno is helping us a little by hyping our new OC, and maybe that explains his presence, but who the f*ck cares about his WR from G*dd*mn Ohio state.

Last edited:
Advertisement
F#@k JS & Jaxon Smith

IMG_7630.gif

Advertisement

Times have changed no doubt however I don’t think it’s a sense of entitlement that many feel. I think it’s looking back at what really launched our program and that was the best players from SFla coming together to play for Howard. Specifically it was Zo’s class…it’s knowing what it takes

Do I ever think we can replicate that? No I don’t but we can come close to it. I agree with you that nothing has been accomplished in 20 years no doubt, but even when these elite programs were down at certain times there was always a “respect” for the hometown team that many of us feel has turned into “disrespect for Miami” even when we go all out to recruit them.

I am torn over how accommodating we are to non-UM players in the offseason.

On the one hand, it puts recruits in contact with NFL players while they visit UM.
On the other hand, it shows recruits that you don’t have to play at UM to be welcome on to use UM facilities. So it’s not a very exclusive club we have created. Basically telling recruits you can go to college anywhere you want and we will still welcome you with open arms.

What am I missing for why UM feels it is in UM’s best interest to have all these on-UM players using our facilities? Mind you I could care less if this is about Geno or his receiver or anyone else because I could care less about any player who does not attend UM, regardless of where they went to high school. I guess you can tell me that Geno is helping us a little by hyping our new OC, and maybe that explains his presence, but who I the f*ck cares about his WR from G*dd*mn Ohio state.
agree. I could care less about Geno smith on his own. Don't bring an OSU guy with you when there's an OSU commit Miami is working. Go elsewhere to throw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back