2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Either we land him or we get confirmation our NIL is good. Or both.

And guess what. We’re paying and don’t have a bunch of Locker-room issues

this kid's recruitment is eerily similar to Innis' last year. Our offense sucked this year which gave JSmith pause. Mario put the full pursuit on the kid and made a lot of progress on the recruitment with a hefty NIL package. Result will probably be the same.

You might not believe me. I had not idea you had posted the quotes were old.

As soon as I got access to the whole thing I just came here and re-posted. I went back and saw that youn in fact did say that.

With that being said, I think the @TheOriginalCane did an excellent job in showing the overt bias of this article. **** even the 247 X post with his dad was a shot to UM and out of context as that was not the full quote.

Do not trust 247. Last year it was clear to EVERYONE who had eyes that Rueben Bain Jr was the best defensive player in the nation. kid was a 5⭐️ plus talent and he was rated a high four star by Andrew Ivins who went on a soliloquy defending such a preposterous decision. I can guarantee you that if Bain had been born in mobile AL , with family connects in Saban's staff and a family history attending Bama, PLUS the production he showed at Central in an Alabama High school, he would have possibly been rated at worst a top 10 ten player nation wide.
There’s absolutely times when we as a fanbase go way overboard being sensitive to what other people say about us (ironic right?)

But you’re correct. Sometimes it’s so blatant and Ivins last year was on a tear from what I remember

It’s honestly why I don’t read anything outside this board. I know people like to get all of the information and that’s cool…but it’s not even good information most of the time. It’s a waste. And putting out an article basically highlighting a quote about money front and center is such a disgusting middle finger to us (and possibly FSU given that a lot of people think they have a chance)

Like the only way OSU could ever lose him is money

Advertisement
What's interesting is Ohio State doesn't have a QB they can point to as the 2024 starter. You can't expect a true freshman QB to come in and start let alone play well (see 2023 freshman QBs), 5-star or not.

JS is going to play alot as a freshman and may even start. If his camp is looking at the situation correctly, they'd want to know who the QB is going to be in 2024.

What's interesting to me is Miami's situation. Mario is either about to be the biggest football gangster or wind up with egg on his face. It's an interesting dichotomy.

With the staff acting so calm, there's a part of me that believes the Ward situation is a done deal and all parties are just waiting until NSD for the biggest bang.

I wonder if Mario said no to Colbie Young wanting an NIL bump to make room for Jeremiah not only for money, but playing time. If Ward is on board, then the Smith camp already knows and Wednesday could be the biggest NSD coup ever.

If JS commits to Ohio State, then we'll know we don't have Ward.

I can't really see JS sticking with Taint without an established QB on the roster and Miami signing Ward.

With Ward, Miami could make a serious run at an ACC title and CFP bid. That has to be appealing to JS. With or without JS, Miami will be a CFP contender from 2025 on.

That means with Ward, JS could play in 3 consecutive CFP appearances with a serious chance to win a natty in year 2 and 3. That has to be a part of Mario’s pitch to the Smith family. Everything you could do at Ohio State, you can do here at home. Where do you want your legacy?

Didn't the same thing happen last year with Innis? Stroud was leaving and their backups weren't anything to write home about either.,

He's twisting my words.

Article was free by the way. Anyone could have read it. Smart people actually go try and do research for themselves instead of treating what they see on social media as the gospel.

I'm twisting your words? How? But, sure, it's not "twisting words" when a writer uses old quotes and then asserts that "nothing has changed". You're a strange one, white-knighting so hard for Brandon Marcello.

And I'd let it go more easily if it wasn't compounded by your ridiculous arrogance, when you lecture us about how "smart people" would actually research things themselves. Right, because you're so smart.

As I said earlier, I didn't have to do any "research" because I immediately knew that the quotes were inaccurate AS A REFLECTION OF CURRENT THINKING (and, no, I'm not going to tell you how I know that). And, yes, the quotes were accurate as a reflection of thinking TWO MONTHS AGO.

I also said earlier that I was unable to respond to the thread right away, due to driving my car. So that's another thing that you just "assume away", that we all have immediate access to be able to enter the conversation whenever we so desire.

But, fortunately for us all, you ended our long national 38-minute nightmare with your intrepid reporting. A tired and grateful nation thanks you for your service.

I'm twisting your words? How? But, sure, it's not "twisting words" when a writer uses old quotes and then asserts that "nothing has changed". You're a strange one, white-knighting so hard for Brandon Marcello.

And I'd let it go more easily if it wasn't compounded by your ridiculous arrogance, when you lecture us about how "smart people" would actually research things themselves. Right, because you're so smart.

As I said earlier, I didn't have to do any "research" because I immediately knew that the quotes were inaccurate AS A REFLECTION OF CURRENT THINKING (and, no, I'm not going to tell you how I know that). And, yes, the quotes were accurate as a reflection of thinking TWO MONTHS AGO.

I also said earlier that I was unable to respond to the thread right away, due to driving my car. So that's another thing that you just "assume away", that we all have immediate access to be able to enter the conversation whenever we so desire.

But, fortunately for us all, you ended our long national 38-minute nightmare with your intrepid reporting. A tired and grateful nation thanks you for your service.
You said you were done responding to me last week? How's that going?

Advertisement
huh?

so Jeremiah Smith, who's been committed to Ohio State for an entire year.. will only go to Ohio State if we don't get ward?

Ohio State is in the same qb situation as us right now.

you guys are reaching for straws. Getting cam ward would probably help, but Jeremiah Smith not coming here isn't telling us anything about ward or anything else and likely has way less to do with the qb situation than you guys want to imagine.

recruits know Miami will have a qb and they know Ohio State will have a qb. Also a 1 year rental isn't the end all be all for a high school recruit
It's my opinion that if Miami lands Ward and Ohio State doesn't have a QB, he winds up in Miami.

The thing is that JS is going to play 3 years. The freshman QB in his class likely won't play with him until year 3. If your in his shoes as the #1 player in the country, you want to know who's going to be your QB.

It's no grasping at straws. I don't understand how you even came up with that.

I said Miami will be CFP contender with or without him in 2025.

I just gave my opinion. You don't have to agree, but don't even get it twisted. My life doesn't hang in the balance of a young man's college decision.

Last edited:
Lr
There’s absolutely times when we as a fanbase go way overboard being sensitive to what other people say about us (ironic right?)

But you’re correct. Sometimes it’s so blatant and Ivins last year was on a tear from what I remember

It’s honestly why I don’t read anything outside this board. I know people like to get all of the information and that’s cool…but it’s not even good information most of the time. It’s a waste. And putting out an article basically highlighting a quote about money front and center is such a disgusting middle finger to us (and possibly FSU given that a lot of people think they have a chance)

Like the only way OSU could ever lose him is mon

Like the only way OSU could ever lose him is money
Bama/UGA/ OSU/OU pre NIL was landing all sorts of South FL kids because of bag$. So now that Miami can level up their fanbases say that they are mercenaries, when in fact they were always buying them off and hooking up family members with jobs at car dealerships.

You never saw "Dont Follow The Money" headlines when our kids were being bought left and right by the bag squad.

Advertisement
this kid's recruitment is eerily similar to Innis' last year. Our offense sucked this year which gave JSmith pause. Mario put the full pursuit on the kid and made a lot of progress on the recruitment with a hefty NIL package. Result will probably be the same.
Offense from last year to this year is not even comparable.

Again twisting my words. Never change. Patience and we aren't done tonight.

That's your game.

You **** on anyone who tries to provide timely information, even though circumstances do change.

You tried to give @Bender **** for Cormani McClain, even though he is not even CLOSE to being the only poster on this board who believed the lies spun by Cormani and his family. You just try to pick out one person to attack, ignoring everyone else, and then you prance around like you are a lion attacking a weak gazelle.

Look, if you DON'T want to hear someone accurately describe the rollercoaster ride, then go post somewhere else. Clearly you prefer Gaby's insightful after-the-fact reporting of things-we-already-know.

And if you want to try to selectively attack people for reporting on things that do not ultimately come to pass, then you should feel free to tell us of the similar contributions you've made to the board. Which we all know are non-existent.

But..."patience" refers to one particular individual. And "we aren't done tonight" refers to two players who are currently on our commit list. So are you going to whine and cry because it took a bit longer for certain things to become actual 247 news?

Because...and here's the important thing...I WASN'T WRONG.

But you are. Constantly. Regularly.

But you're sooooo smart. Fredo smart.

1703004732426.png

Advertisement
It's my opinion that if Miami lands Ward and Ohio State doesn't have a QB, he winds up in Miami.

It's no grasping at straws. I don't understand how you even came up with that.

I said Miami will be CFP contender with or without him in 2025.

I just gave my opinion. You don't have to agree, but don't even get it twisted. My life doesn't hang in the balance of a young man's college decision.
you're tying Jeremiah smith's commitment solely to cam ward

and I just think that's overdramatizing the timeline. There are a lot of other factors at play and smith knows that Miami and Ohio State will both be fine at qb in 2024 whether it's ward or someone else

That's your game.

You **** on anyone who tries to provide timely information, even though circumstances do change.

You tried to give @Bender **** for Cormani McClain, even though he is not even CLOSE to being the only poster on this board who believed the lies spun by Cormani and his family. You just try to pick out one person to attack, ignoring everyone else, and then you prance around like you are a lion attacking a weak gazelle.

Look, if you DON'T want to hear someone accurately describe the rollercoaster ride, then go post somewhere else. Clearly you prefer Gaby's insightful after-the-fact reporting of things-we-already-know.

And if you want to try to selectively attack people for reporting on things that do not ultimately come to pass, then you should feel free to tell us of the similar contributions you've made to the board. Which we all know are non-existent.

But..."patience" refers to one particular individual. And "we aren't done tonight" refers to two players who are currently on our commit list. So are you going to whine and cry because it took a bit longer for certain things to become actual 247 news?

Because...and here's the important thing...I WASN'T WRONG.

But you are. Constantly. Regularly.

But you're sooooo smart. Fredo smart.

View attachment 273342
It's so easy to trigger you. Get some help

Possibly but if ward holds off committing after Xmas, we have no QB on the roster to throw to smith next year by the time smith signs.
Why are you just repeating what I said?

I said if he commits to OSU, it means we don't have Ward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back