2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
who cares about any of this stuff unless it affects JJ away from us? i imagine a kid like him who has seemed fairly unphased by all of this wouldn't be affected by this.. if anything I would think him being misrepresented would make him want to defy the national narrative even MORE and emboldens an "us against the world" mindset for him/Miami...

hopefully Mario can use this to his advantage....

Advertisement
I never said the article was accurate. I said the quotes were from october and the article very clearly says that. Like couldn't be more clear. In the article. But like always you have to twist words to spread some narrative because your **** shrivels up with sensitivity.
Lol so what you're saying is I have to pay 247 sports a monthly fee to learn that it is not in fact the timely news the headlines told me it was. But you're right - its @TheOriginalCane who is twisting words to spread a narrative lolol.

Lol so what you're saying is I have to pay 247 sports a monthly fee to learn that it is not in fact the timely news the headlines told me it was. But you're right - its @TheOriginalCane who is twisting words to spread a narrative lolol.
He's twisting my words.

Article was free by the way. Anyone could have read it. Smart people actually go try and do research for themselves instead of treating what they see on social media as the gospel.

Nobody said the quotes were old until I posted about it. Everyone was actually overreacting to it until I pointed it out. I'm not trying to make it seem like I saved everyone. Just pointing out you saying "Everyone has said that the quotes are OLD" is not true.

You know what man I'll actually agree with you. Marcello's injection of his own opinion is misleading. I never said it wasn't. I've only spoken about the quotes that were from October.

But yes, you are sensitive to a 247 story. You always are. This isn't new.
You might not believe me. I had not idea you had posted the quotes were old.

As soon as I got access to the whole thing I just came here and re-posted. I went back and saw that youn in fact did say that.

With that being said, I think the @TheOriginalCane did an excellent job in showing the overt bias of this article. **** even the 247 X post with his dad was a shot to UM and out of context as that was not the full quote.

Do not trust 247. Last year it was clear to EVERYONE who had eyes that Rueben Bain Jr was the best defensive player in the nation. kid was a 5⭐️ plus talent and he was rated a high four star by Andrew Ivins who went on a soliloquy defending such a preposterous decision. I can guarantee you that if Bain had been born in mobile AL , with family connects in Saban's staff and a family history attending Bama, PLUS the production he showed at Central in an Alabama High school, he would have possibly been rated at worst a top 10 ten player nation wide.

Advertisement
I never said the article was accurate. I said the quotes were from october and the article very clearly says that. Like couldn't be more clear. In the article. But like always you have to twist words to spread some narrative because your **** shrivels up with sensitivity.

Is this you?

1703002783874.png

1703002803079.png

1703002830528.png

1703002855215.png

1703002880215.png
1703002894381.png

1703003011941.png

What's interesting is Ohio State doesn't have a QB they can point to as the 2024 starter. You can't expect a true freshman QB to come in and start let alone play well (see 2023 freshman QBs), 5-star or not.

JS is going to play alot as a freshman and may even start. If his camp is looking at the situation correctly, they'd want to know who the QB is going to be in 2024.

What's interesting to me is Miami's situation. Mario is either about to be the biggest football gangster or wind up with egg on his face. It's an interesting dichotomy.

With the staff acting so calm, there's a part of me that believes the Ward situation is a done deal and all parties are just waiting until NSD for the biggest bang.

I wonder if Mario said no to Colbie Young wanting an NIL bump to make room for Jeremiah not only for money, but playing time. If Ward is on board, then the Smith camp already knows and Wednesday could be the biggest NSD coup ever.

If JS commits to Ohio State, then we'll know we don't have Ward.

I can't really see JS sticking with Taint without an established QB on the roster and Miami signing Ward.

With Ward, Miami could make a serious run at an ACC title and CFP bid. That has to be appealing to JS. With or without JS, Miami will be a CFP contender from 2025 on.

That means with Ward, JS could play in 3 consecutive CFP appearances with a serious chance to win a natty in year 2 and 3. That has to be a part of Mario’s pitch to the Smith family. Everything you could do at Ohio State, you can do here at home. Where do you want your legacy?

They said the quotes were from october clear in the article.
It's not dirty since they said the quotes were from october.
Okay, it does have an OSU spin if you're super sensitive like you are.
It's clear and honest that the quotes are from october.
The headline isn't misleading. It's going off the kids quotes. Which are from october.

Advertisement
The problem is that if Miami somehow lands the #1 player in the nation coming off a 7-5 season where they were a JOKE for a whole MONTH after the kneeling fiasco and end up landing a top-3 class, what then does that mean for all these sites?

What if Miami wins 9-10 games next year and they start becoming a consistent 10-12 win program with all these kids flocking to play for Miami?

All their fans say that our program is trash and MID. But Miami being back although great for college football TV revenue, is a DANGER to these little sites that make a living off the dopes in Michigan, Alabama, OSU, and Georgia. Those fan bases have so much more subscribers and it's not fun when little old Miami is taking and flipping all your recruits. It's a direct affront to their business. They need to ENSURE these places stay cash cows with big time blue chippers flocking their way.

If they were smart they would capitalize on it. I am all for Mario being the annual grinch on signing day. For whatever reason America as a whole loves and devours bad news. That is what generates clicks. IDK why its that way but it is. Take CIS for example. We could have whatever top 5* recruit committed to us for a year and sign like business is normal and we have a 20 or so thread about him. Yet take that same recruit and have him flip on signing day.... 100 pages easy.

Basically if these sites could see the bigger picture, bad recruiting news is good for them and those cash cow sites. Not awful recruiting news like the gator where subscribers mail it in because they are so disengaged but a top kid flipping from Bama or OSU or UGA on signing day will generate wayyyyy more clicks than top kids signing as expected.

All these teams do the same exact thing to get their teams rolling in the right direction. They all toss hevay bags of money towards recruits and that turns into wins. Once that happens your bags get smaller and the wins keep rolling in. Thats how this is done. Portal is nice but High school recruiting will always be the life line of a college program. Glad Mario knows this.

You might not believe me. I had not idea you had posted the quotes were old.

As soon as I got access to the whole thing I just came here and re-posted. I went back and saw that youn in fact did say that.

With that being said, I think the @TheOriginalCane did an excellent job in showing the overt bias of this article. **** even the 247 X post with his dad was a shot to UM and out of context as that was not the full quote.

Do not trust 247. Last year it was clear to EVERYONE who had eyes that Rueben Bain Jr was the best defensive player in the nation. kid was a 5⭐️ plus talent and he was rated a high four star by Andrew Ivins who went on a soliloquy defending such a preposterous decision. I can guarantee you that if Bain had been born in mobile AL , with family connects in Saban's staff and a family history attending Bama, PLUS the production he showed at Central in an Alabama High school, he would have possibly been rated at worst a top 10 ten player nation wide.
I believe you. Apologize if I seemed hostile. There was a lot of freaking out here and on social media about the quotes.

Advertisement
I believe you. Apologize if I seemed hostile. There was a lot of freaking out here and on social media about the quotes.
I didn't take it personal. We can agree to disagree on the spin on the article. In thr end it was my bad for posting those quotes. They were shown to me like that and I was told at first it was from an article that had just dropped.

Should have checked myself.

Nobody said the quotes were old until I posted about it. Everyone was actually overreacting to it until I pointed it out. I'm not trying to make it seem like I saved everyone. Just pointing out you saying "Everyone has said that the quotes are OLD" is not true.

You know what man I'll actually agree with you. Marcello's injection of his own opinion is misleading. I never said it wasn't. I've only spoken about the quotes that were from October.

But yes, you are sensitive to a 247 story. You always are. This isn't new.

Oh good lord.

@Udynasty posted at 9:03 am. You responded at 9:41 am. Please stop with the "everyone was actually overreacting to it until the great @jnf2257 pointed it out" nonsense.

Sure, in the 38 minutes, you were our savior. We couldn't have lived without you. Meanwhile, I was driving in my car (illegally) reading and responding to texts on the matter. I didn't think to pull over in order to log into CIS, but once I was at my computer, I posted.

And, yes, IN THE TIME FRAME SINCE @Udynasty added the full article to this thread, "everyone has said that the quotes are OLD". As per usual, you try to remove all context from my quote, which was a direct response to your commentary on the article's quotes being "exact". And my point follows the ANALYSIS of the full article, not the immediate reaction to the selective quotes:

1703003636009.png

Again, whether you intend this or not, you are trying to weave some sort of defense for the 247 article. As I've pointed out, it was quickly and easily rebutted. So if you want to attack my "sensitivities", you should focus on my criticism of Miami fans who are constantly taking the side of others, and telling us that all of this crap that we have to endure is "not so bad".

Advertisement
What's interesting is Ohio State doesn't have a QB they can point to as the 2024 starter. You can't expect a true freshman QB to come in and start let alone play well (see 2023 freshman QBs), 5-star or not.

JS is going to play alot as a freshman and may even start. If his camp is looking at the situation correctly, they'd want to know who the QB is going to be in 2024.

What's interesting to me is Miami's situation. Mario is either about to be the biggest football gangster or wind up with egg on his face. It's an interesting dichotomy.

With the staff acting so calm, there's a part of me that believes the Ward situation is a done deal and all parties are just waiting until NSD for the biggest bang.

I wonder if Mario said no to Colbie Young wanting an NIL bump to make room for Jeremiah not only for money, but playing time. If Ward is on board, then the Smith camp already knows and Wednesday could be the biggest NSD coup ever.

If JS commits to Ohio State, then we'll know we don't have Ward.

I can't really see JS sticking with Taint without an established QB on the roster and Miami signing Ward.

With Ward, Miami could make a serious run at an ACC title and CFP bid. That has to be appealing to JS. With or without JS, Miami will be a CFP contender from 2025 on.

That means with Ward, JS could play in 3 consecutive CFP appearances with a serious chance to win a natty in year 2 and 3. That has to be a part of Mario’s pitch to the Smith family. Everything you could do at Ohio State, you can do here at home. Where do you want your legacy?
huh?

so Jeremiah Smith, who's been committed to Ohio State for an entire year.. will only go to Ohio State if we don't get ward?

Ohio State is in the same qb situation as us right now.

you guys are reaching for straws. Getting cam ward would probably help, but Jeremiah Smith not coming here isn't telling us anything about ward or anything else and likely has way less to do with the qb situation than you guys want to imagine.

recruits know Miami will have a qb and they know Ohio State will have a qb. Also a 1 year rental isn't the end all be all for a high school recruit

Oh good lord.

@Udynasty posted at 9:03 am. You responded at 9:41 am. Please stop with the "everyone was actually overreacting to it until the great @jnf2257 pointed it out" nonsense.

Sure, in the 38 minutes, you were our savior. We couldn't have lived without you. Meanwhile, I was driving in my car (illegally) reading and responding to texts on the matter. I didn't think to pull over in order to log into CIS, but once I was at my computer, I posted.

And, yes, IN THE TIME FRAME SINCE @Udynasty added the full article to this thread, "everyone has said that the quotes are OLD". As per usual, you try to remove all context from my quote, which was a direct response to your commentary on the article's quotes being "exact". And my point follows the ANALYSIS of the full article, not the immediate reaction to the selective quotes:

View attachment 273341

Again, whether you intend this or not, you are trying to weave some sort of defense for the 247 article. As I've pointed out, it was quickly and easily rebutted. So if you want to attack my "sensitivities", you should focus on my criticism of Miami fans who are constantly taking the side of others, and telling us that all of this crap that we have to endure is "not so bad".
Again twisting my words. Never change. Patience and we aren't done tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back