2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop listening to what kids and parents say, especially 24 hours before signing day.

And if you were to be foolish and listen to that and take it as gospel, those quotes confirm everyone but Taint is out and he's going there 100%.
Lol was just messing. Really who tf knows. He seems like a well raised young man wish him well and hope he ends up in orange and green. Regardless I do respect how he has handled his recruiting unlike a lot of others

Advertisement
"My family is not just about the money because I know that's just one thing," Jeremiah Smith told 247Sports. "I know with NIL, we're going to get that. Everybody is throwing all types of money at us right now. There's just something about Ohio State that is keeping me locked in with them. I can go anywhere and chase money but that's not how my family raised me. They want me to go somewhere and earn it. Miami is throwing all types of money at me. Florida. Just a lot of schools. Ohio State, there's just something about them. I just wanna go there."

JJ's father:

"I was born and raised here, and I know the ins and outs of Miami, but I always tell my son, the world is bigger than Miami," Chris Smith said. "I always told him to go down the road less traveled. Basically, I love my hometown and I wouldn't mind him playing here but I see the bigger picture. Ohio State is the school that's producing. They're not talking about it, they're actually doing it. They're actually producing NFL-ready wide receivers. The proof is in the pudding."
Honestly respect this. Kid seems mature for his age.

"My family is not just about the money because I know that's just one thing," Jeremiah Smith told 247Sports. "I know with NIL, we're going to get that. Everybody is throwing all types of money at us right now. There's just something about Ohio State that is keeping me locked in with them. I can go anywhere and chase money but that's not how my family raised me. They want me to go somewhere and earn it. Miami is throwing all types of money at me. Florida. Just a lot of schools. Ohio State, there's just something about them. I just wanna go there."

JJ's father:

"I was born and raised here, and I know the ins and outs of Miami, but I always tell my son, the world is bigger than Miami," Chris Smith said. "I always told him to go down the road less traveled. Basically, I love my hometown and I wouldn't mind him playing here but I see the bigger picture. Ohio State is the school that's producing. They're not talking about it, they're actually doing it. They're actually producing NFL-ready wide receivers. The proof is in the pudding."

Welp thats sounds like as much of a done deal there is

We've seen this story with Jerry Juedy, Ridley, Innis, etc.

Advertisement
Stop listening to what kids and parents say, especially 24 hours before signing day.

And if you were to be foolish and listen to that and take it as gospel, those quotes confirm everyone but Taint is out and he's going there 100%.
its always been about in his mind OSU produces NFL WR's and we don't. the reality is if you are this good you will be in the NFL no matter where you go to school. he should come here because with guys like him we get that much closer to being Elite.

Reactions: WIN

JJ's father:

Going to Miami would be taking the road less traveled lol Going to Ohio State to follow in a line of 10 other people isn't exactly some act of bravery

Advertisement
Carr, Trader, and Robinson have to do well here. I understand why he's likely going to Ohio State. Even with Ohio State though, there are a lot more question marks. Honestly, if Ward does commit tonight, I feel like our offense has less question marks than Ohio State's does. Day might be Coker. Urban left him with a Ferrari and it's looking like a 3 series Beamer daily driver right now.

Has been said over and over. If he doesn’t come here he was never going to. All of the qualifiers of wanting to see WR development, wanting to see the offense, etc. Yet our offense outperformed FSU and OSU wasn’t exactly 2019 LSU. And Beards development of a bunch of 3* WR is far more impressive than Hartline taking a 5* WR and doing what with him? Getting him to play like a 5*? Like I said. Tomorrow if he signs with OSU it’s no big deal. Mario did what he could but that kid was never coming here.

Advertisement
Bruh was one of the most overrated linebackers ever
I remember when he committed to FSU.
Think I might have been on TOS at the time.
People were acting like we lost the best linebacker to ever play the game. The meltdown was unreal.
He was a total bust, considering he was a five star and all the hype surrounding him.
Seemed like most of the highly rated kids from South Florida that ended up at FSU ended up being Jags or busts, with the exception of Dalvin Cook.

I remember when he committed to FSU.
Think I might have been on TOS at the time.
People were acting like we lost the best linebacker to ever play the game. The meltdown was unreal.
He was a total bust, considering he was a five star and all the hype surrounding him.
Seemed like most of the highly rated kids from South Florida that ended up at FSU ended up being Jags or busts, with the exception of Dalvin Cook.
A lot of sfla prospects are over hyped. A lot of them aren’t though

Going to Miami would be taking the road less traveled lol Going to Ohio State to follow in a line of 10 other people isn't exactly some act of bravery

But it's probably the smartest business decision as it stands today. Nobody is saying he's brave by going to Taint. He doesn't want a medal. He wants to be a multi-millionaire and really good football player. Taint has a history, with the staff in place that's currently there, of MANY kids going there in his same position and becoming professional football players and multi-millionaires. Miami does not. The only real pull here is we are the home team and his boys are coming. Other than that, from a business perspective, Miami completely pales in comparison.

Either way, 24 hours to go. We all know the pros and cons of any decision being made. We'll see which one he decides to go with.

Advertisement
I had my suspicions about why he would flip. Someone telling me in the summer that osu had some serious behind the scenes staff chemistry issues.

Maybe his dad and the kid are preparing the media for the flip by saying it isn’t about money.

But if indeed that quote was within the last 48hrs, it’s weird to say that about osu only to then flip. It would give osu even more ammo for their vitriol and that was gonna be there regardless if he flips.

Maybe they just don’t want to be bothered by that osu staff in the next 48 hrs.
Hartline had no business going out there to his game and risking his eligibility. If I was Smith’s dad that would’ve been the straw that broke the bulls back. Hartline needs smith way more than J needs hartline and nobody on here can convince me any different considering what I see on Sunday's from a bunch of dudes that never even met him.

If he’s not an EE he should wait until February to sign if he really wants to play for Hartline. Not sure why top kids who aren’t EEs willingly take away their leverage ahead of time

Carr, Trader, and Robinson have to do well here. I understand why he's likely going to Ohio State. Even with Ohio State though, there are a lot more question marks. Honestly, if Ward does commit tonight, I feel like our offense has less question marks than Ohio State's does. Day might be Coker. Urban left him with a Ferrari and it's looking like a 3 series Beamer daily driver right now.
But Coker actually won a title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back