2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just waiting for the “Lane can’t recruit” folks to also show up. Never mind that he’s signing the best portal class ever and if he signs Nolan like most believe, that it’s better than any high school class anyone is signing.

Advertisement
No signs of him flipping to us at all. He gave FSU life with a visit. On the surface, there is no way we are in the conversation. I think the Fat Lady sang along time ago, but you neva know with Mario

Did Gaby write that?

Look, when you are talking about a last-minute flip, there usually ARE NO signs.

So hush up now, and enjoy the next 36 hours.

And this year? Portal class last 2 years? Do they not matter?
Of course, it all matters.
Although when I hear "recruiting" I think HS classes. Even though we may be looking at this from different directions,
you can't discount the mediocre HS recruiting either.

Let's give him that 4-spot (top tier) to go along with 19, 20, 23, and 22 finishes (4th tier?).
It averages out to about a 17 or so.
If you mix in portal work he's top-10ish.

We'll see next year if he can pull a top 10 HS class if/when they come back to earth a bit.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Why does everyone think he’s trolling us? Did I miss any actual real news in the 333 other pages of this thread?

Because the beta binary-brains in the Mope Squad can only process the possibility that a kid is 100% with Miami or 100% against Miami.

Therefore, when there are no lamestream published media reports of Jeremiah visiting and/or flipping, then he MUST be trolling us.

But now we are in late-stage Moperism, where they try to cover both their tiny penises and enormous ********, by posting things like "I think Jeremiah has been trolling us all along, but I never count out Mario". That way, they can claim to be "right" no matter what the outcome is.

Literally just got very clear signs that Miami is likely getting 4 flips from the weekend lol

And all of those guys have been trending to us for a LONG time. Are you honestly trying to tell us that any of the four you (think you) know are recent?

Give me a break, already. Those 4 flips added together would not equal the seismic impact of Jeremiah picking Miami.

And all of those guys have been trending to us for a LONG time. Are you honestly trying to tell us that any of the four you (think you) know are recent?

Give me a break, already. Those 4 flips added together would not equal the seismic impact of Jeremiah picking Miami.
Sure but Riola just flipped to Nebraska, 5 star safety just flipped to Texas. It's very rare that a flip of this magnitude is able to stay off the message boards.

Advertisement
Sure but Riola just flipped to Nebraska, 5 star safety just flipped to Texas. It's very rare that a flip of this magnitude is able to stay off the message boards.

Raiola is a Nebraska legacy and it got out a week in advance via Wiltfong ahead of an official visit. Which means it wasn't secret and it was telegraphed to both schools.

Same exact thing with Filsaime (except he's not a Texas legacy).

Again, your reading comprehension is not good and your posts are silly.

It is meaningless to compare a SURPRISE last-minute flip that all parties are trying to keep quiet about (and three schools think they have a shot) to a couple of situations which, while high-profile, involved guys who were so obvious about their intentions that the writers for the "committed" school are already telling people that the kid is gone.

Go to the Florida boards. They are not shocked about Filsaime. Same with UGa fans and Raiola.

But if JJ flips to Miami in 36 hours, there will be meltdowns on the F$U and Taint boards.

And THAT is the difference, and the reason there are no "signs".

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m capable of being objective. You are not. You will scream rankings this rankings that and then not care about them when it suits you.

Dude, you know I love ya and regardless of whether we agree or disagree, this is NOT about "being objective". You're standing around yelling "scoreboard" to make it out like Prison Mike is some great recruiter.

Here are the facts.

1. THIS YEAR, Prison Mike has a slightly better high school class ranking than Miami. At this moment. Could change. But Prison Mike's high school recruiting over his entire tenure has been...not good. First, he has had HIGH SCHOOL classes than average around the 20th spot. Second, and more importantly (and what I THINK you were getting at, but did not articulate so well) is that Prison Mike has not DEVELOPED his high school recruits very well. This is evidenced by his ongoing "recruiting over them with Portal guys", as well as the guys who have left a 13-0 team because the HS recruits are secondary to the Portal starters.

2. You tout all this "Portal" success as though the two different forms of recruiting (Portal vs. HS recruiting) are identical and/or interchangeable. And you lose sight of the context of Prison Mike's Portal recruiting before 2023. So let's review. A HS recruit is usually recruited over 2 years, and building relationships and trust are important. HS recruits are looking for a coach they can vibe with, and have plenty of time to sniff out corniness or lack of authenticity. On the other hand, Portal kids may make their decisions over a 2 WEEK period, and are looking for immediate playing time and a chance to win more than anything. Portal kids can put up with a corny coach, they only have to deal with him for a year or two.

3. But the most relevant part of the analysis is that Prison Mike was at his Portal Best a couple of years ago, when Nick and Sabo were still nervous about recruiting the Portal, and schools had not yet devoted a lot of resources to scouting the Portal. There was not nearly as much competition when Prison Mike started to hit the Portal, which was out of DESPERATION at first. The Portal guys that F$U signed in 2023 were not NEARLY as impactful as what Prison Mike did in earlier years. (Coleman and Bell made an impact, but not many others were at a similar level to earn big NIL dollars to come back to F$U for another year). So, yeah, if there is more competition in the Portal now, it's very possible that F$U might not land as many impact transfers in the future.

I expect Prison Mike will have a Top 5-10 HS class and a Top 10-15 transfer class this year. But if F$U drops off in 2024, I think Prison Mike's "recruiting prowess" will be short-lived as well.

But if JJ flips to Miami in 36 hours, there will be meltdowns on the F$U and Taint boards.
He's liking tweets and posting pics that are creating a buzz around Miami. Not sure how that behaviour would fit the "its all being kept a big secret"

If anything. It shows he's enjoying the attention he's getting and playing with the fans or he's preparing to flip.

The visits may have been kept secret but the flirting with Miami is being done in front of us.

Dude, you know I love ya and regardless of whether we agree or disagree, this is NOT about "being objective". You're standing around yelling "scoreboard" to make it out like Prison Mike is some great recruiter.

Here are the facts.

1. THIS YEAR, Prison Mike has a slightly better high school class ranking than Miami. At this moment. Could change. But Prison Mike's high school recruiting over his entire tenure has been...not good. First, he has had HIGH SCHOOL classes than average around the 20th spot. Second, and more importantly (and what I THINK you were getting at, but did not articulate so well) is that Prison Mike has not DEVELOPED his high school recruits very well. This is evidenced by his ongoing "recruiting over them with Portal guys", as well as the guys who have left a 13-0 team because the HS recruits are secondary to the Portal starters.

2. You tout all this "Portal" success as though the two different forms of recruiting (Portal vs. HS recruiting) are identical and/or interchangeable. And you lose sight of the context of Prison Mike's Portal recruiting before 2023. So let's review. A HS recruit is usually recruited over 2 years, and building relationships and trust are important. HS recruits are looking for a coach they can vibe with, and have plenty of time to sniff out corniness or lack of authenticity. On the other hand, Portal kids may make their decisions over a 2 WEEK period, and are looking for immediate playing time and a chance to win more than anything. Portal kids can put up with a corny coach, they only have to deal with him for a year or two.

3. But the most relevant part of the analysis is that Prison Mike was at his Portal Best a couple of years ago, when Nick and Sabo were still nervous about recruiting the Portal, and schools had not yet devoted a lot of resources to scouting the Portal. There was not nearly as much competition when Prison Mike started to hit the Portal, which was out of DESPERATION at first. The Portal guys that F$U signed in 2023 were not NEARLY as impactful as what Prison Mike did in earlier years. (Coleman and Bell made an impact, but not many others were at a similar level to earn big NIL dollars to come back to F$U for another year). So, yeah, if there is more competition in the Portal now, it's very possible that F$U might not land as many impact transfers in the future.

I expect Prison Mike will have a Top 5-10 HS class and a Top 10-15 transfer class this year. But if F$U drops off in 2024, I think Prison Mike's "recruiting prowess" will be short-lived as well.
I don’t disagree with anything you said. I was pointing out that FSU has a better class right now. So ****ting on them (fun yes) but makes zero sense. This board was celebrating jumping UF in the rankings. Can’t use rankings for celebrating and then ignore them when you want. Just looking for some consistency with the takes on here.

Last edited:

Here are the facts.

Facts

I like @NC_Canes_11 pause we just disagree that’s cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back