2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s building up suspense since he had the O sticker on bud helmet too. If he’s looking to send shockwaves as some people mentioned, don’t think he’d let the cat out of the bag. You never know.

With that said, I’ll take Mario in this recruiting battle. Down to wire though. Mario doesn’t give a **** about FSU. (Just ask him)

Advertisement
Johnny Wilson was an afterthought at ASU and will likely be a Day 2 pick in April.

Coleman will go in the first round.

You guys love to say stuff that doesn’t matter. The NFL couldn’t care less that Xavier Restrepo had more yards that Keon Coleman. Keon Coleman is a much better prospect. He’s going to make much more money as a professional athlete.

All due respect to you, you make valid points and obviously I believe Miami has a very competitive pitch to land him as well. And very well could pull it off. But this whole idea on this board that it’s the most foreign idea of all time for this kid to possibly wind up at fsu is wild. They just went 12-0, are paying a lot of money, and will have 2 WRs drafted before the end of Day 2. Whether they’re transfers or not, they played at fsu and their careers didn’t crumble into dust. We gotta be able to take the fanbro glasses off once in a while.
Question Mark What GIF by Aminé

Advertisement
If we get Cameron Ward at QB and also bring in Bailey we will get Smith…
Is that all? What about an offer for his buddy from 7th grade and we put his hs WR coach on staff? Does OSU or FSU have to meet all these criteria too? Y’all see a trend, or?

Is that all? What about an offer for his buddy from 7th grade and we put his hs WR coach on staff? Does OSU or FSU have to meet all these criteria too? Y’all see a trend, or?
Actually yes to both. I do see a trend.

Hey we do what we have to do then when u change the perception kids will be begging to play here. Until that happens u do what u must, but Bailey isn’t getting an offer just for Smith. He earned it and if Smith bolts they still take Bailey.

Hey we do what we have to do then when u change the perception kids will be begging to play here. Until that happens u do what u must, but Bailey isn’t getting an offer just for Smith. He earned it and if Smith bolts they still take Bailey.
We’ve been jumping through hoops all cycle just to get noticed. It’s like the guy in the friend zone with the 10 that’s just friends. I don’t have the optimism here based on the facts but there might be behind the scenes stuff. Just stack the lines and we will dominate

Advertisement
We’ve been jumping through hoops all cycle just to get noticed. It’s like the guy in the friend zone with the 10 that’s just friends. I don’t have the optimism here based on the facts but there might be behind the scenes stuff. Just stack the lines and we will dominate
They not talking about us which is good cause when they do with these types we never get them. Maybe this is different but who knows. He can’t get the ball if his qb is on his back.

If we get Cameron Ward at QB and also bring in Bailey we will get Smith…

I really don’t think Bailey matters as much as everyone likes to make it out to. Y’all don’t think Ohio St, FSU, UF or any of these other schools would have done that asap if it truly was significant in his decision-making? It’s not some secret operation lol.

I’d take Bailey regardless of what happens to Smith.

Johnny Wilson was an afterthought at ASU and will likely be a Day 2 pick in April.

You guys love to say stuff that doesn’t matter. The NFL couldn’t care less that Xavier Restrepo had more yards that Keon Coleman. Keon Coleman is a much better prospect. He’s going to make much more money as a professional athlete.

All due respect to you, you make valid points and obviously I believe Miami has a very competitive pitch to land him as well. And very well could pull it off. But this whole idea on this board that it’s the most foreign idea of all time for this kid to possibly wind up at fsu is wild. They just went 12-0, are paying a lot of money, and will have 2 WRs drafted before the end of Day 2. Whether they’re transfers or not, they played at fsu and their careers didn’t crumble into dust. We gotta be able to take the fanbro glasses off once in a while.
you are correct.

Advertisement

Everything you said is the cold truth. And it's not just the NFL that couldn't care less about X having more yards than Coleman.

The recruits will feel the same way. Being a first round draft pick is a much bigger deal to wide receivers coming out of high school.

But with that said, we have a better history of developing wide receivers than Florida State, who doesn't have a single WR currently in the league. That changes next year with Coleman and Wilson.

Everything you said is the cold truth. And it's not just the NFL that couldn't care less about X having more yards than Coleman.

The recruits will feel the same way. Being a first round draft pick is a much bigger deal to wide receivers coming out of high school.

But with that said, we have a better history of developing wide receivers than Florida State, who doesn't have a single WR currently in the league. That changes next year with Coleman and Wilson.
Just underlining the last part of your post and how we put too much stock into past accomplishments of programs. There is no doubt that Miami has a better history of developing WRs than FSU, but those people are no longer here nor there. The recruits look at who will be coaching them. What a program did years ago under a different staff just doesnt matter. Now if there is just a consistency that transcend a staff, such as our history at TE, then it can matter but at WR we just dont have that.

If yards/production don’t matter to the NFL in evaluation of prospects, and I agree with you they typically don’t, then the other major factor that would separate a Restrepo from a Coleman is measurables. These are things that a school cannot control and, in variables such as height, both the athlete and school cannot control. Speed is another variable that can be improved upon, but game changing speed tends to be an innate feature of the athlete.

With that being said, if production is not a factor for the NFL and what day you get drafted, then even more so these kids should realize that production and system is not all that important right?

I am more of the thinking that both things are important. If you give Johnny Wilson Restrepo’s numbers, he’s much more an argument for a first round pick, not to mention Keon Coleman. That’s why I think presenting the Restrepo argument to JS is important. You can tell him that a guy like Restrepo was able to put up these numbers, make first team All-ACC in this offense, with **** QB play half the year and is “ nowhere near the prospect you are JS”. “With your measurables and our offense, there is no way you’re not a day 1 pick. Just look at Keon Coleman’s projection and he didn’t even compare statistically to Restrepo my man!”

That would be my pitch.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back