2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get too invested to care about these kids trolling or not but boi this will be my favorite recruitment if he’s trolling fsu and commits to us lol
I said the same thing in the Blount thread but the timing of it would be even better. They’re in full meltdown mode already. He’d be a much bigger commit than Blount as well but holy **** they wouldn’t recover for a while

Advertisement
He struggles to find answers at times and that offense stalled a lot this year. Watching a few of their games I was shocked how often that offense just went dead cold for long periods of time.
BC, Clemson, and Miami games are good examples.

Who sells that shirt though? Lol

Bruh if my team was not that good I would not wear one of those. When we were unbeaten that year I knew we weren’t legit. I knew Clemson would destroy us based on talent. That’s the one game I predicted the exact score and got it right.
That shirt is ridiculous lol

He’s been there more times than any other school, they’re recruiting very well, he has said very positive things about fsu through the whole process, it has been said several times that fsu has offered him a bigger NIL package than any other school, so even if you don’t believe that, it’s at absolute worst very competitive, his father is leading his recruitment and is treating it very much as a professional business decision, and they’re getting his last (public) visit.

Now explain why you think he’s not signing with fsu.
Their plug and play receivers were portaled in and did not get better during their time there. Statistically they did nothing spectacular. Their 5* WR last year did nothing….4 catches for 71 yards. They have not shown they can develop a WR in Norvells time there.

Our receivers got developed much more with Beard. Statistically speaking they all performed well beyond expectations, and that was with a QB who was hurt and was having issues for about 50% of the season.

It’s been reported that our NIL is substantially more than theirs. And we don’t have negativity of guys leaving because they’re not getting enough $$$

Neither team has a #1 QB currently

Norvell is a creepy dude

All his buddies are coming here and I think we land Bailey as well.

Everything with Miami has been in relative silence so few if any know what’s going on behind the scenes. I think this is for a reason.

Just my opinion.

Advertisement
Their plug and play receivers were portaled in and did not get better during their time there. Statistically they did nothing spectacular. Their 5* WR last year did nothing….4 catches for 71 yards. They have not shown they can develop a WR in Norvells time there.

Our receivers got developed much more with Beard. Statistically speaking they all performed well beyond expectations, and that was with a QB who was hurt and was having issues for about 50% of the season.

It’s been reported that our NIL is substantially more than theirs. And we don’t have negativity of guys leaving because they’re not getting enough $$$

Norvell is a creepy dude

Everything with Miami has been in relative silence so few if any know what’s going on behind the scenes. I think this is for a reason.

Just my opinion.

Johnny Wilson was an afterthought at ASU and will likely be a Day 2 pick in April.

Coleman will go in the first round.

You guys love to say stuff that doesn’t matter. The NFL couldn’t care less that Xavier Restrepo had more yards that Keon Coleman. Keon Coleman is a much better prospect. He’s going to make much more money as a professional athlete.

All due respect to you, you make valid points and obviously I believe Miami has a very competitive pitch to land him as well. And very well could pull it off. But this whole idea on this board that it’s the most foreign idea of all time for this kid to possibly wind up at fsu is wild. They just went 12-0, are paying a lot of money, and will have 2 WRs drafted before the end of Day 2. Whether they’re transfers or not, they played at fsu and their careers didn’t crumble into dust. We gotta be able to take the fanbro glasses off once in a while.

If I was a fsu fan I wouldn’t feel good about JS. Usually kids troll to surprise people. And sitting here as a cane fan I don’t feel good about it either. But I would be way more concerned if he had everything Miami in that last HS game.
He's done a good job of keeping everyone guessing. Wouldn't surprise me if it was us, FSU or OSU at this point - the only thing I'm pretty sure of is that it aint the Gators lol.

Rewatching there game and yea lol this one will hurt

I thought he wasn’t that fast but he is faster than i thought he probably doesn’t have great wiggle after the catch but there isn’t much wasted movements with him lol he looks polished with everything
Looks a lot like MHJ in the open field. Typically 6'3 guys aren't shifty.

Reactions: E1k
Advertisement

Norvell is a creepy dude

Just my opinion.

Good call on Beard - he’s the key.

Think about this - Xavier and Jacolby are arguably the best WRs to come out of sofla the past 5+ years. I firmly believe that’s mostly due to their year last year and my sense is that beard is instrumental with that.

Johnny Wilson was an afterthought at ASU and will likely be a Day 2 pick in April.

You guys love to say stuff that doesn’t matter. The NFL couldn’t care less that Xavier Restrepo had more yards that Keon Coleman. Keon Coleman is a much better prospect. He’s going to make much more money as a professional athlete.

All due respect to you, you make valid points and obviously I believe Miami has a very competitive pitch to land him as well. And very well could pull it off. But this whole idea on this board that it’s the most foreign idea of all time for this kid to possibly wind up at fsu is wild. They just went 12-0, are paying a lot of money, and will have 2 WRs drafted before the end of Day 2. Whether they’re transfers or not, they played at fsu and their careers didn’t crumble into dust. We gotta be able to take the fanbro glasses off once in a while.
Coleman would go in the first round regardless if he went to FSU or not. Johnny Wilson has drop issues. It didn’t get better while he was at FSU. I don’t see him going in the first two days. Coleman is a great prospect based on his speed and playmaking ability.

Compare that to 2 3* receivers and a JUCO guy who put up bigger numbers in the same conference than either Coleman or Wilson.

If he is handling his recruitment like a pro he recognizes Coleman is a great athlete but didn’t exactly get a whole lot better while at FSU and Wilson still drops a lot of passes. Compare that to our 3 guys who got considerably better under Beard. Theres always room for improvement and if I’m a 5* I recognize the improvement of guys who are nowhere as talented as I am.

I think you missing the point. Those two Wrs are getting drafted strictly on measurable and potential, not production. Keon wasn't even top ten in his own conference.
SmartSelect_20231208_092908_Chrome.jpg

If we swapped jacoby for Keon. Even with TVD having mental meltdown. Keon Coleman would have been cooking this year. Dude had 11 tubs on a bunch of 50/50 balls.

You can sell that to JS, he is 3x as talented than jacoby and X, and they ate in this offense. Imagine what you can do with Ray, Ny, and Jojo by your side. With Fletcher, and (hopefully healthy) Citizen coming out of the backfield.

Last edited:
Advertisement
D Money says that the staff feels good about Smith

If that’s the case then Mario and staff are either severely misunderstanding this kid and the people around him or they do have something up their sleeves

Considering Mario is as good as it gets in recruiting and has won big time battles constantly I’d like to think he’s not being blindsided

But you never know

I think you missing the point. Those two Wrs are getting drafted strictly on measurable and potential, not production. Keon was even top ten in his own conference.
View attachment 270278

If we swapped jacoby for Keon. Even with TVD having mental meltdown. Keon Coleman would have been cooking this. Dude had 11 tubs on a bunch 50/50 balls.

You can sell that to JS, his 3x as talented then jacoby and X, and they ate in this offense. Imagine what you can with Ray, Ny, and Jojo by your side. With Fletcher, and (hopefully healthy) Citizen coming out of the backfield.

I hear you, but you’re kinda missing my point too. Let me be clear, of course this kid is a must have and I’m gonna kick my dog if he goes elsewhere, especially fsu. We absolutely have a case for convincing him to come here. Several cases, actually. I hope he comes to his senses and stays home.

My point is the fanboy stuff that there is no allure to fsu. Yes, it’d make me sick if he went there too. But it’s not like it’s out of the realm of possibility or would be some insanely egregious decision. I can easily see what they’re selling him on.

Looks a lot like MHJ in the open field. Typically 6'3 guys aren't shifty.
Yea both of them get low when they accelerate. I actually like that he’s all business and no extra fluff with his movements

Advertisement
Coleman would go in the first round regardless if he went to FSU or not. Johnny Wilson has drop issues. It didn’t get better while he was at FSU. I don’t see him going in the first two days. Coleman is a great prospect based on his speed and playmaking ability.

Compare that to 2 3* receivers and a JUCO guy who put up bigger numbers in the same conference than either Coleman or Wilson.

If he is handling his recruitment like a pro he recognizes Coleman is a great athlete but didn’t exactly get a whole lot better while at FSU and Wilson still drops a lot of passes. Compare that to our 3 guys who got considerably better under Beard. Theres always room for improvement and if I’m a 5* I recognize the improvement of guys who are nowhere as talented as I am.
Yea, I don’t think a team takes Wilson in the 2nd round. That’s a lot of money to spend on a receiver whose best attribute is height. Like you said he has drop issues and the still came up at times at FSU. Don’t think he’s overly physical either and won’t be able to OPI his way to catches in the NFL. Teams may take a gamble in round 3-6 but certainly not in the top 50. I don’t even think he’s that fast is he?

Coleman on the other hand, he’s just gotta become more consistent in his play. Everything else is there.

D Money says that the staff feels good about Smith

If that’s the case then Mario and staff are either severely misunderstanding this kid and the people around him or they do have something up their sleeves

Considering Mario is as good as it gets in recruiting and has won big time battles constantly I’d like to think he’s not being blindsided

But you never know
Maybe that something up their sleeves is a shiny new portal QB...

Yea, I don’t think a team takes Wilson in the 2nd round. That’s a lot of money to spend on a receiver whose best attribute is height. Like you said he has drop issues and the still came up at times at FSU. Don’t think he’s overly physical either and won’t be able to OPI his way to catches in the NFL. Teams may take a gamble in round 3-6 but certainly not in the top 50. I don’t even think he’s that fast is he?

Coleman on the other hand, he’s just gotta become more consistent in his play. Everything else is there.

Day 2 is rounds 2 and 3. I’ll be really surprised if he isn’t gone by then. He’d have to run REALLY poorly for that to happen. NFL is just enamored with size like that. Pauze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back