Jeremiah Payton

jesus christ GIF

Advertisement
You are delusional. Absolutely insane.

He was committed to FAU. And you think that if Miami offered him and took his commit, that our fanbase wouldn't have erupted in "offer list" outrage? You are a nut.

I don't care if LCE and DMoney had nice things to say about a SoFla kid. That's what they do. They scout everyone in SoFla.

So you are such a desperate heel-digger that you are going to try to bootstrap DMoney's "good slot in college" and LCE's "good college player" into a "Miami should take an FAU commit over a couple of 4-star WRs"?

It's funny that you are calling me a clown. That's just you projecting your own character.

But, hey, keep revising history with today's knowledge on Ezzard and Hightower.

"Good" and "worthy of a Miami offer" are not the same things.

But, hey, keep clowning around and searching for old posts that say vaguely positive things in order to support your nonsensical argument that not only should he have gotten a UM offer, but that Miami fans wouldn't have freaked the fvck out over Miami taking an FAU position-change commit over 4-star WR recruits.

I'm done with this nonsense. You've proven my point.

You going to have another feminine hissy fit on the forum after you were proven wrong?

Cool.

Do it again, ma'am.

Respond to this post with another 10 minutes of you menstruating all over being proven wrong so I can laugh at you.

You going to have another feminine hissy fit on the forum after you were proven wrong?

Cool.

Do it again, ma'am.

Respond to this post with another 10 minutes of you menstruating all over being proven wrong so I can laugh at you.

I was not "proven wrong".

As usual, I am 100% correct. Nobody...NOBODY...proposed taking Atwell over Ezzard or Hightower 3 years ago.

Keep doing you, though. You're such a "three-years-after-the-fact" genius at projecting football talent.

Send all your old recruiting-analysis screenshots to Blake and Manny, they will offer you a $200K salary on the spot.

As usual, I am 100% correct. Nobody...NOBODY...proposed taking Atwell over Ezzard or Hightower 3 years ago.

Keep doing you, though. You're such a "three-years-after-the-fact" genius at projecting football talent.

Send all your old recruiting-analysis screenshots to Blake and Manny, they will offer you a $200K salary on the spot.

Tutu Atwell was an early enrollee at Louisville...Ezzard didn't decommit from Florida State until mid-November and didn't meet with Miami until Tutu Atwell already signed his letter of intent.

By the time anyone was discussing the far inferior player in Marquez Ezzard, Tutu Atwell was not available to recruit, and as outlined earlier, was so poorly recruited, Mark Richt didn't even know he wanted to play WR (fwiw - several posters here knew he'd play WR...but our own coaches did not).

Pass on making less to work for Manny Diaz.

Stay wrong buddy. Thanks for responding as expected, though. You're a true cuck. Even worse, you're on here trying to justify Marquez Ezzard over Tutu Atwell. Log off.

Advertisement

Original you are correct. Many on this board are ignoramus's. We let Tutu get away because we can not properly gage talent. You want proof, it took us 3 years to realize Borregales is a "Boomstick", or what about us soft playing Yulkieth Brown ..., want more, we did not even offer Lamar Jackson.

Yes we go after the very highly ranked players (that's low hanging fruit). It takes a keen eye to see the Diamonds-in-the-rough"
It's been this way since 2002 onward. Time to get the Diamonds-in-the-rough (Santana Moss, Clinton Portis, Jeremy Shockey etc.)

For the record, Marquez Ezzard (after sitting out last year due to transfer rules) is now the second-leading WR at GaTech, by yardage, and while playing with a true freshman QB. We have no idea how good Ezzard may prove to be, as he has only played in 5 games over 3 seasons thus far. But, sure, because Atwell got early PT at Louisville, he was "definitely" a take over Ezzard.

The internetz last forever. If Ezzard plays well at GaTech, we can always bump this thread to verify whether Atwell is still "definitely" a take over Ezzard.
Ezzard playing well at GT will have no bearing on the PooPoo AssSmell argument, as Ezzard isn't here, and AssSmell would be had we signed him. Ezzard bailing from here actually supports those who thought we should sign PooPoo, as the evaluation on Ezzard was a bad one given he lasted about 10 months. It was similar to the Nebraska signings of all those great FL players who lasted a few months.

I know our passing game is still being installed, but I expected Wiggins to be the #1 WR in this team from the go, the second option after Brevin. We'll see how he progresses inside the system, he has the confidence of the coaches at least.

I didn’t follow his recruiting that much, but wasn’t one of the issues that he wasn’t giving us the hometown discount.

In other words, and this has happened with us before, he wasn’t coming here unless we promised him the quarterback position. Wasn’t that the case? Someone educate me on this.

Advertisement
I know our passing game is still being installed, but I expected Wiggins to be the #1 WR in this team from the go, the second option after Brevin. We'll see how he progresses inside the system, he has the confidence of the coaches at least.
So far this season, he's played a ton of snaps and hasn't done anything. He's probably played the most snaps of any receiver by a large margin. Still very early though. Maybe he'll get loose for a couple strikes this weekend.

I didn’t follow his recruiting that much, but wasn’t one of the issues that he wasn’t giving us the hometown discount.

In other words, and this has happened with us before, he wasn’t coming here unless we promised him the quarterback position. Wasn’t that the case? Someone educate me on this.
That was the fake story put in place by coaching valets. Real story was we overlooked him because he weight 145 pounds, and we thought other guys were better because they were bigger.

For the record, Marquez Ezzard (after sitting out last year due to transfer rules) is now the second-leading WR at GaTech, by yardage, and while playing with a true freshman QB. We have no idea how good Ezzard may prove to be, as he has only played in 5 games over 3 seasons thus far. But, sure, because Atwell got early PT at Louisville, he was "definitely" a take over Ezzard.

The internetz last forever. If Ezzard plays well at GaTech, we can always bump this thread to verify whether Atwell is still "definitely" a take over Ezzard.
I’ll save you the time friend. Ezzard was the better decision lol in MY opinion

Advertisement

Partly correct on Tutu. He simply asked for a shot to enroll as a QB. L'Ville gave him the opportunity to practice at QB, and then moved him to the slot. We said no from jump street.

Partly correct on Tutu. He simply asked for a shot to enroll as a QB. L'Ville gave him the opportunity to practice at QB, and then moved him to the slot. We said no from jump street.
As per usual, the recruiters that lie to kids are more successful. Such a dirty, cutthroat, game.

I remember very little about his recruiting. Do you know who his primary recruiter would have been? WR corch?
There wasn't much real news about his recruiting because we didn't recruit him. I first-guessed this one because I was one of the very few who thought we should find a spot for PooPoo. He was a winner and a dynamic playmaker, and it was pretty easy to see he could transition into a WR like Roscoe Parrish did.

Advertisement
I remember very little about his recruiting. Do you know who his primary recruiter would have been? WR corch?
All I remember was Luther Campbell raising **** about how we should offer him to play qb, so I had a pavlovian response to **** on Atwell out of spite. I think gogeta said we should offer him as a WR, but I don't remember if he was even open to that at the time.

I hear both sides here, but I absolutely didn't believe in Ezzard from day one. I eventually shut up about it after a couple of posts, it wasn't received well. Felt the same way about Worsham. Also felt that way about Brooks this year, but he's killing it like he always does in high school. Hit on some, miss on some.

As for Atwell, everyone knew he wasn't going to play QB, but his athleticism and speed popped so much that some people felt he needed to be in that class. I was in that camp, you take him, he was that electric. Yes, over Ezzard. Hightower I believed in, wouldn't have picked Atwell if forced to pick between the two.

Anyhow, carry on.

For those of you who didn’t know, Tu Tu was a great high school QB. He was a optimist phenom, and a four-year starter at Northwestern. Northwestern had to go through the Central-Carol City-etc gauntlet just to win the District, then he led Northwestern to the state championship. Tu Tu was fast and shifty, and I saw him win some legendary games and start the Northwestern resurgence after a few down years. Tu Tu was a special high school football player, and I am not surprised he is the leading receiver in the ACC.

That said, Tu Tu is not a Cane, so I have to look at our roster and hope the current Cane WRs develop under Likens. Payton played at Fletcher in Jacksonville, but I did see him compete in Paradise Camp and I was very impressed. I saw Pope and Wiggins at SOUTHRIDGE high school and I see their development so far, and they both are good, but IMHO, Payton has the talent, attitude, hands, competitive nature and personality to be the true WR1 on this roster. Payton is not afraid of contact, he goes after contested catches, he has a sense for making plays and he gives his QB a target. And I also agree that Jordan and Mallory, two future NFL TEs, should play more on the field together

Advertisement
Back