Jeremiah Payton highlight

Advertisement
As fantastic as Wayne was this kid has more wiggle and juke moves.
I can't wait to see him in the open field.

Advertisement
nah I think he has a similar freshman career to them and coley was an off and on career , jt flat out quit he may have been a beast but he’s got no dog in him, ahmmon medically can’t play but I think Payton is going to ball out here

This is a homer take, but I was just referring to freshman yr.

It’s hard to predict a career for a player without knowing if they will be healthy or not. I’m pretty sure nobody thought Ahmmon Richards would retire after two seasons.

Advertisement
Wiggle and juke vs. smooth, efficient, effective?

Jerry Rice wasnt wiggle and juke, either.
You are making some weird comparisons here.
We have not seen this kid play one down so no one is saying he will be better than Wayne.
Just saying he is different than Wayne.

You are making some weird comparisons here.
We have not seen this kid play one down so no one is saying he will be better than Wayne.
Just saying he is different than Wayne.
The weirdest comparison I saw was chad Johnson. He had some of the quickest feet ever in the game. I’m very high on Payton but I dont See that one at all. Different play style imo

Last edited:
Advertisement
I wouldn’t be too harsh on dropped passes for anyone last year. It was a problem for everyone under Dugans. Wiggins will get it going.

The weirdest comparison I saw was chad Johnson. He had some of the quickest feet ever in the game. I’m very high on Payton but I dont See that one at all
The funny thing is Chad Johnson was compared to Reggie Wayne at the Senior Bowl.

The weirdest comparison I saw was chad Johnson. He had some of the quickest feet ever in the game. I’m very high on Payton but I dont See that one at all. Different play style imo

What do you see when you see Payton then? His sudden footwork is what makes him special. He has average size and average speed but he's quick out of his breaks, electric after the catch and can highpoint the ball.

Hard for me to take this post seriously when you were probably 10 years old when Chad Johnson was in his prime anyway.

Reggie Wayne thrived off sharp cuts, masterful technique and chemistry with his QBs. No HS WR should be compared to that. Payton is also more dynamic with the ball in his hands. Wayne was best as a boundary receiver along the sideline while Payton is best on in-breaking routes. Comp makes no sense besides them both being Canes and ht/wt similarities.

Payton was bigger than Chad Johnson as a Sophomore in high school.

Wrong

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back