Jeff Thomas

Advertisement
it is harder my man. East STL doesn’t have the avenues out that inner city Miami has, South Chicago, etc. Yes, hoods are hoods, but there is a community of good in Miami and Chicago, aside from all of the crime, murders, drug wars, etc. Football leagues, mentors left and right, b-ball leagues in Chicago, mentors, churches. East STL does not have that scale which makes it much more difficult on these poor kids and their upbringing.
My nephew is an EMT in East SL. He says when he's at work their is never any down time.

Advertisement
It’s time for him to go. He just will never be that guy. He will be out of football in a year or 2. It’s a shame because he is a talent.
ezgif.com-optimize.gif

Anyone else see him sitting there looking miserable while everyone else was smiling and laughing after one of our TDs? I was having Dionte Mullins flashbacks

I said the same thing on Twitter and got shredded by some who said I was being too hard on the kid—going through stuff, death in the family, et al.

I pointed out that he's seemed checked out all year, is getting passed all year on the depth chart (Wiggins, Harley, etc.) and his entire "comeback" has been disappointing as he hasn't been putting in the work.

Talk from Harley that he let two "selfish" and "talented" players know they weren't holding up their end of the bargain, weren't working hard enough and that they were big role players that the team leans on.

Impossible to think one of these two people he spoke towards wasn't Jeff Thomas.

Advertisement
I said the same thing on Twitter and got shredded by some who said I was being too hard on the kid—going through stuff, death in the family, et al.

I pointed out that he's seemed checked out all year, is getting passed all year on the depth chart (Wiggins, Harley, etc.) and his entire "comeback" has been disappointing as he hasn't been putting in the work.

Talk from Harley that he let two "selfish" and "talented" players know they weren't holding up their end of the bargain, weren't working hard enough and that they were big role players that the team leans on.

Impossible to think one of these two people he spoke towards wasn't Jeff Thomas.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that noticed this. Obviously, I was also shredded in this thread because I made that comment, but he generally seems disengaged most of the time. I'm sure he was upset about his cousin, but he seems pretty ****y when he's not getting the ball all of the time.

Advertisement
Would love to see JT back next year. I think the team understands a lot better than some of our posters things he went through growing up. Probably never trusted anyone in that environment. Rather than him being a cancer I think the team and coaches trying to help him grow away from that. Wish him the best whatever he does and hope his time here helps him make good decisions in the future.

this is ridiculous, did you not see him running to celebrate with wiggins when he scored his first td. People just love to be hard and hate on this kid and this sh*t is ridiculous at this point.

Advertisement
I'm glad I wasn't the only one that noticed this. Obviously, I was also shredded in this thread because I made that comment, but he generally seems disengaged most of the time. I'm sure he was upset about his cousin, but he seems pretty ****y when he's not getting the ball all of the time.
Clean it up now. 👎🏾

Advertisement
Back