Jeff Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Sooo uhhhhh..... Pete you hear anything?

Pete has said numerous times he has no grades and we're not recruiting him.

Somebody better tell Jeff Thomas that considering he is scheduling a visit.

I have never seen Pete say that....he has mentioned grades, but nothing about not recruiting him

Odin relax and get your nose out of Pete's *** for a second. New info coming out about Jeff Thomas at UA and I was asking if Pete had heard of anything.

Advertisement
Sooo uhhhhh..... Pete you hear anything?

Pete has said numerous times he has no grades and we're not recruiting him.

Somebody better tell Jeff Thomas that considering he is scheduling a visit.

I have never seen Pete say that....he has mentioned grades, but nothing about not recruiting him

Odin relax and get your nose out of Pete's *** for a second. New info coming out about Jeff Thomas at UA and I was asking if Pete had heard of anything.

Crootin's fluid. Things change. Maybe they ramped up interest after missing on other targets. Maybe grades are now in better standing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thomas said his main factor in deciding on a school will be: “Wondering if I’m going to start my freshman year. That’s a big thing to me. I always wanted to play my freshman year in college.”

we up

Advertisement
I think he was being sarcastic with the Eddie Brown comment.

Nah. Doesn't seem like it. But I don't blame him too much cuz Eddie Brown was 30 years ago.

K9 was being saracastic

This.

Back about a decade ago on the other site( that shall not be named) I did a top 100 all-times Canes list( might have to google around for it) and IIRC , Eddie Brown was in my top 15. I still say he and the Playmaker(Mike Irving - again, just kidding here) are the two best wideouts ever at Miami

Hold on, I found the article(s), I actually had 'Fast Eddie' 9th all-time( at the time when I wrote this)

The Top 100 Hurricanes, The Elite - Miami - Scout

Last edited:
Advertisement
Rivals put out an update this morning on Thomas:

The skinny: Thomas wanted to commit to Alabama at one time, but it appears the Tide didn’t have room and now Missouri could have moved on. Illinois is in good shape and Oregon just offered, so it appears down to those two.

The prediction: Illinois

Oregon will make a push and he would be a great fit there, but he’s more likely to stay close to home now.

this makes me confident that Illinois is not in the picture for Thomas. get him on campus and we can make it happen.

Thomas + Pouncey + Smith? oooooo weeee. probably as good a haul as last years.

Illinois will not beat us for a recruit if we want him.

Not clue how likely it is he visits. But, got to believe if he visits then he has a good chance of qualifying. Richt is not one to waste anyone's time. And I presume he's got to have some sway with admissions. I'm sure I'm in the minority on this, but I would take him over Smith. I think he's an absolute beast.

The skinny: Thomas wanted to commit to Alabama at one time, but it appears the Tide didn’t have room and now Missouri could have moved on. Illinois is in good shape and Oregon just offered, so it appears down to those two.

Oregon will make a push and he would be a great fit there, but he’s more likely to stay close to home now.

this makes me confident that Illinois is not in the picture for Thomas. get him on campus and we can make it happen.

Not so sure about this Chise.
Illinois is the home-team here and they have been picking up some pretty good players thus far.
Of course, I hope I'm wrong and you're right.

Advertisement
Has not run on the track team in 2 years but when he did as 9th grader he was very fast for his age.He is not doubt now below the national elite standards. Mike Harley had the same 100m in 10th grade.

His Freshman track times--
60M--7.12 (national elite 7.05)

100m-- 11.12 (national elite 10.80)

Not clue how likely it is he visits. But, got to believe if he visits then he has a good chance of qualifying. Richt is not one to waste anyone's time. And I presume he's got to have some sway with admissions. I'm sure I'm in the minority on this, but I would take him over Smith. I think he's an absolute beast.
This dude's an unreal talent. And he's hungry. That's a combo I'll take every time.

Illinois is the home-team here and they have been picking up some pretty good players thus far.

Illinois will not beat us for a recruit we want.

I get it but so far he's only said he's visiting Miami( Jan. 20th) and Louisville(Jan. 13th) and wants to set something up with Oregon which would have to be the 27th and still visit Illinois. If he's giving the "local school" the possibility of a mid-week visit it seems like a kid trying to get away. Mid-week usually means the kid isn't serious about going that school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back