Jeff Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rivals put out an update this morning on Thomas:

The skinny: Thomas wanted to commit to Alabama at one time, but it appears the Tide didn’t have room and now Missouri could have moved on. Illinois is in good shape and Oregon just offered, so it appears down to those two.

The prediction: Illinois

Oregon will make a push and he would be a great fit there, but he’s more likely to stay close to home now.

this makes me confident that Illinois is not in the picture for Thomas. get him on campus and we can make it happen.

Thomas + Pouncey + Smith? oooooo weeee. probably as good a haul as last years.

Illinois will not beat us for a recruit if we want him.

Not so sure about this Chise.
Illinois is the home-team here and they have been picking up some pretty good players thus far.
Of course, I hope I'm wrong and you're right.

Illinois will not beat us for a recruit we want.

don't forget Corey Liuget though. F*** Randy Shannon.

Advertisement
Rivals put out an update this morning on Thomas:

this makes me confident that Illinois is not in the picture for Thomas. get him on campus and we can make it happen.

Thomas + Pouncey + Smith? oooooo weeee. probably as good a haul as last years.

Illinois is the home-team here and they have been picking up some pretty good players thus far.

Ron Zook ain't there no more. Zook could sell broccoli to Walter Hudson.

Not clue how likely it is he visits. But, got to believe if he visits then he has a good chance of qualifying. Richt is not one to waste anyone's time. And I presume he's got to have some sway with admissions. I'm sure I'm in the minority on this, but I would take him over Smith. I think he's an absolute beast.

the goal is to get both. we still have a good shot for Smith. If he visits, I can think we can seal the deal on him too.

Land Smith & Thomas to join Njoku and we will have somehow pulled off one **** of an unexpected WR haul. Even landing just one of the two to join Njoku would mean we salvaged the situation.

Fingers crossed. We need them.

Land Smith & Thomas to join Njoku and we will have somehow pulled off one **** of an unexpected WR haul. Even landing just one of the two to join Njoku would mean we salvaged the situation.

Pouncey

Advertisement
Just to clear things up, since he's taking an OV his issues isn't with his test scores because they wouldn't allow an OV correct?

Pouncey

He's OK. I wasn't all that impressed by him before we offered and that didn't change when we did. But if he ends up joining the class, hopefully he'll be a **** of a player.

Smith & Thomas are difference makers. Pouncey is a Plan C receiver to settle for following miss after miss after miss at the position. Doesn't mean he isn't worth a scholie, but adding him doesn't signal a change to our WR recruiting woes.

Just to clear things up, since he's taking an OV his issues isn't with his test scores because they wouldn't allow an OV correct?

You can take the test more than once anyway right? Since Gray qualified i'm willing to believe anything is possible lol

Pouncey

He's OK. I wasn't all that impressed by him before we offered and that didn't change when we did. But if he ends up joining the class, hopefully he'll be a **** of a player.

Smith & Thomas are difference makers. Pouncey is a Plan C receiver to settle for following miss after miss after miss at the position. Doesn't mean he isn't worth a scholie, but adding him doesn't signal a change to our WR recruiting woes.

It was a mistake to make him a Plan C. He should've been at the start one of the B WRs in this class. Pouncey and Njoku should've been locked in while we chased the elites.

Advertisement
He was very high on bamas board earlier this year... he's a dynamic player

just seen this kid's film for the first time... ****!!! I shouldn't have. Film is Hester_ish... and yes, i remember how sick Hester was coming out of HS. This kid would be redick on special teams!

Yeah, he used to call recruits while in the shower....relentless.

Wonder what they talked about....oh, I'm thinking Sandusky.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dam I hope we can get him. Hopefully recruiting can pick up again bow that coaches can put all thei focus on it now that bowl game out the way

As of last night Mia wasn't in the pix. Like StlCane stated Jeff and the Bball player are best friends going to U of I together. Miami is not respected by anyone in East St Louis due to how we treated one of their own in the 80's. Yes I did say the 80's. They want zero parts of Mia as of now.....Could things change? I highly doubt it as I was told yesterday it's a done deal to Illinois but in this world of recruiting who knows. Glad to to see Dugan follow on Twitter but I don't see any form of light at the end of tunnel.....Yes my first post as I just checked this site out cause I'm diggin Pete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would have had to be Jeff Howard, the DE. I think the kid left school not long after he arrived. I remember when his father picked him up at campus to take him home. Never knew what the issue was. i think it was JJ's first class. We had other blue chip busts in one of those first two Johnson classes. Like Tony Page, the stud WR from Oklahoma. then there was the speedster from Washington, D.C.--Robert Thomas. Another elite sprinter, but quit football early.

East St. Louis used to be a national powerhouse. I don't follow national HS football so I don't know if they still are. For a few years, even Brockton, MA was a powerhouse. We even got an A-A from Brockton, Anthoy Lewis, but he did nothing.

I think Jeff's brother Dana was also a bigtime recruit a few years later, but we were not in that one. I think Dana Howard went to Illinois.

I guess JJ did not have much patience. His first recruiting classes were mediocre, and they were even worse after all the guys who did not fit in for one reason or anpther were weeded out.

No idea who Walter Hudson is until I did a search.

The guy is mammoth! You can't coach size.....Yu-u-u-ge. Does he have grades?

View attachment 41164

Advertisement
Like I've said before.. He's not a qualifier here.. Probably not at Illinois either..

As of last night Mia wasn't in the pix. Like StlCane stated Jeff and the Bball player are best friends going to U of I together. Miami is not respected by anyone in East St Louis due to how we treated one of their own in the 80's. Yes I did say the 80's. They want zero parts of Mia as of now.....Could things change? I highly doubt it as I was told yesterday it's a done deal to Illinois but in this world of recruiting who knows. Glad to to see Dugan follow on Twitter but I don't see any form of light at the end of tunnel.....Yes my first post as I just checked this site out cause I'm diggin Pete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would have had to be Jeff Howard, the DE. I think the kid left school not long after he arrived. I remember when his father picked him up at campus to take him home. Never knew what the issue was. i think it was JJ's first class. We had other blue chip busts in one of those first two Johnson classes. Like Tony Page, the stud WR from Oklahoma. then there was the speedster from Washington, D.C.--Robert Thomas. Another elite sprinter, but quit football early.

East St. Louis used to be a national powerhouse. I don't follow national HS football so I don't know if they still are. For a few years, even Brockton, MA was a powerhouse. We even got an A-A from Brockton, Anthoy Lewis, but he did nothing.

I think Jeff's brother Dana was also a bigtime recruit a few years later, but we were not in that one. I think Dana Howard went to Illinois.

I guess JJ did not have much patience. His first recruiting classes were mediocre, and they were even worse after all the guys who did not fit in for one reason or anpther were weeded out.

Matador, you are correct with that info
The HS team did win the 2nd highest level championship here in Illinois this year
Glad things might be turning around some with this recruitment
I hope the last info I received has changed
Have a call in but haven't received a return call yet in terms of things that have recently transpired
Will keep U posted once I hear smthg

Like I've said before.. He's not a qualifier here.. Probably not at Illinois either..

If Robert knowles and trayone gray can get into Miami I'm not doubting any other recruits chances that they can get in

You also called him a package deal with the QB that committed to Missouri and yesterday his coach said Missouri isn't on the list. I don't know what you actually know and how you know it but you've already been wrong once about him in this thread. Maybe that QB flips to Illinois and you turn out to be right. If we're running a real program at Miami now we're making exceptions for some talented kids. We'll see what happens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back