Jeff Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know him so I can't say.......I don't have personal ties with Thomas but I hear some about recruitment & have close ties with
those in the East St HS football community
Sunkett just said the other day that it was between Miami and Louisville.

“I would say it’s definitely between Louisville and Miami,” East St. Louis head coach Darren Sunkett told InsideTheVille Tuesday.

This was a day before national recruiting insider for 247 spoke to source close to Thomas and wrote that other article crystal balling thomas to Miami. Due to what he was hearing from sources

C'mon Jeff! Come to Miami! Consider our proud history of putting WRs in the NFL. Compare and contrast that with UL's non-existent history of putting WRs in the NFL. Yes Petrino is an offensive genius but that's not necessarily going to get you paid on Sundays.

Advertisement
Hurt feelings over some jag getting sent home close to 40 years ago is the big piece of the puzzle in this recruiting saga?

Sounds totally legit.

Don't know him so I can't say.......I don't have personal ties with Thomas but I hear some about recruitment & have close ties with
So what exactly are you saying??

He is saying Thomas will likely pick Illinois over us for 1 of 2 reasons:

1. Thomas is good friends with a kid who is going to Illinois to play basketball

2. Thomas will choose not to get to Miami because, 2 decades before he was born, Miami dismissed an ESL player from the football team.

I haven't decided which reason is more hilarious yet

Advertisement
This dude doesn't know sh*t. Y'all letting him be a "insider" lol. Dude is a bug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Thomas is good friends with a kid who is going to Illinois to play basketball

2. Thomas will choose not to get to Miami because, 2 decades before he was born, Miami dismissed an ESL player from the football team.

Yeah, neither of those reasons are good ones. By all accounts, Thomas being in the UA game and showing out put Illinois out of the race as it put Thomas on the national radar. There's playing time to be had.

I'd have to imagine that East St. Louis has put a number of D1 products through college football teams and that there have been a number of them that have been dismissed/cut for whatever reason. And the thing is, this wasn't Al Golden who cut the kid; this was Jimmy Johnson who won a national title while at Miami and subsequently two super bowls so the guy knew what he was doing. Personally, I don't know the kid but I doubt this would be an issue. If he had some deep seeded vendetta against Miami, I doubt he OV's with his family.

I don't understand the whole "play for the heisman trophy winner". Jackson will be there for one more year, Thomas will play a minimum of 3. Who is Lville's backup? We have plenty of YOUNG star quarterback potential that can develop along with Jeff Thomas.

Advertisement
That information about Thomas is not entirely true

This is the same joker who just said last week that Thomas and his HS QB are a "done deal" to Illinois and that nobody in ESL respects Miami, apparently because of something that happened 30 years ago or something.

What a troll, ban this guy

Feel free to believe what you want, ban me if you have the authority
Illinois ****ed some things up since then when they felt everything was signed sealed and delivered
They are trying to correct it now. If you feel like Illinois is not in the picture then your stupid
Don't believe everything you hear.....I've said it before, If he visits next week things will get interesting

What part of IL are you from cause you obviously don't know how things are run in East St.

Sounds like East St. may have a blue lot.

East St. is one big blue lot.

Advertisement

Its all good, your assumptions are your assumptions and their wrong
I'll leave this group with this......Don't believe everything you read with the writers that are trying to sell subscriptions
If the scheduled OV happens next week, we have a good chance
I've stated some of the obstacles which I didn't believe when I heard myself but yes there are some who still live in East St that
have close ties with the HS program that don't like MIA. Some of those mentors still prefer Illinois. If you feel its hilarious as I did
its cool but its unfortunately true

It is what it is........Came to this site cause I met Pete and what he was doing
Never was a thought to be an "insider" I'm to old for that ****
Just giving the board info that I know to be true

Again if the kid comes we got a good chance

“I would say it’s definitely between Louisville and Miami,” East St. Louis head coach Darren Sunkett told InsideTheVille Tuesday.

This was a day before national recruiting insider for 247 spoke to source close to Thomas and wrote that other article crystal balling thomas to Miami. Due to what he was hearing from sources

C'mon Jeff! Come to Miami! Consider our proud history of putting WRs in the NFL. Compare and contrast that with UL's non-existent history of putting WRs in the NFL. Yes Petrino is an offensive genius but that's not necessarily going to get you paid on Sundays.

Mark Clayton

I'll leave this group with this......Don't believe everything you read with the writers that are trying to sell subscriptions
I've stated some of the obstacles which I didn't believe when I heard myself but yes there are some who still live in East St that
have close ties with the HS program that don't like MIA. Some of those mentors still prefer Illinois. If you feel its hilarious as I did

It is what it is........Came to this site cause I met Pete and what he was doing

What's potentially holding him up from an OV, the oldtimers advising him?

Advertisement

Mark Clayton

41Knqjo2mIL.jpg

Mark Clayton

View attachment 41538

Great player...ions ago.

No, no, no you do not have a chance. You have about as much of a chance as a snowflake in Miami today, which is zero. This kid is an elite talent and showed as much to the whole country 2 weeks ago. He wants to play on the big stage and the only big stage he'll get at Illinois is when OSU and UM are demolishing Illinois in the years to come. This kid will go to Louisville or Miami, or somewhere else, because he wants to be seen and win, but he won't go to Illinois unless you see his family move into a big, brand new shiny house really soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back