Jeff Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember KC Jones saying all it took for him to commit was a trip to beach. Bikini power is and should be more of an allure then visiting Papa John's headquarters. Poontang or Pizza, unless the dude is into pepperoni.

Advertisement
As soon as they started facing defenses worth a ****, Lamar didn't do anything. Two of their last 3 games were against Houston and LSU. Those defensive lines smashed UL's o-line. The last 3 teams figured that offense out with the quickness. As has already been mentioned, I don't see the allure of playing with a Heisman trophy winner for one season. What's he going to do the other 2/3 years if they have a crap QB?

he single handedly destroyed FSU and Clemson's defenses....

He sure did. That's why I used the qualifier of the final few games of the season when teams stopped letting him get outside the pocket and play scramble ball. Hurts was lighting it up early in the year too. Then he looked like a toilet toward the end of the season.

If you're a WR the allure of playing with a scramble ball QB shouldn't be that significant unless you're looking to go somewhere and be an "ooooooh did you see that?" spectator.

wish it was, but don't think these kids structure their decision making the way you and i do....
We can agree that neither of us has a clue what's important to Thomas in making his college choice.

First guess is immediate playing time and currently we have Richards as the man, berrios has skills but needs alotta work in the off season.Harris did well early on and then fell off, cager is coming back from a major injury.Langham is a Non factor and Mullins,even though a stud, has proven Nada yet. It's wide open after The Man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 could be pretty stupid if we close this class RIGHT

Richards
Cager
Mullins
Thomas
Smith
Pouncey

That's a lit receiving core. Scoop up Pope and Xavier Williams for the '18 class and you're cooking with gas.

If (big if) we can somehow close with Smith, Thomas, Dean and McFarland, that has to make up the fastest class in the nation.

Which would be quite amusing cos 3/4 of those players aren't SoFL athletes.

I remember KC Jones saying all it took for him to commit was a trip to beach. Bikini power is and should be more of an allure then visiting Papa John's headquarters. Poontang or Pizza, unless the dude is into pepperoni.

I love Poontang especially Miami Poontang.......it is the spice of life.

2018 could be pretty stupid if we close this class RIGHT

Richards
Cager
Mullins
Thomas
Smith
Pouncey

That's a lit receiving core. Scoop up Pope and Xavier Williams for the '18 class and you're cooking with gas.

If (big if) we can somehow close with Smith, Thomas, Dean and McFarland, that has to make up the fastest class in the nation.

Which would be quite amusing cos 3/4 of those players aren't SoFL athletes.

They are so anxious to leave their parents behind and sell out, I'm OK with minimum recruiting of Wrs in so flo

Advertisement
Thomas' has been getting some CBs to Louisville. They are a huge threat....how can a frosh pass up a chance to be the #1 target for the Heisman winner (even if its for one year only)?

I would consider them the favourite for now.

Agreed that they're a threat but the only CB they've gotten recently was from their own writer. We're trending better than they are. I'm concerned that we haven't sent a coach there on a plane today.

Edit: I see on the next page on 247 that the FSU writer Bud Elliott, CB'd him to Loserville. That's still not a trend. Loserville has his OV this weekend.

Of course, Bud doesn't want him to go to Miami because he's a FSU homer.

Thomas' has been getting some CBs to Louisville. They are a huge threat....how can a frosh pass up a chance to be the #1 target for the Heisman winner (even if its for one year only)?

I would consider them the favourite for now.

Agreed that they're a threat but the only CB they've gotten recently was from their own writer. We're trending better than they are. I'm concerned that we haven't sent a coach there on a plane today.

Edit: I see on the next page on 247 that the FSU writer Bud Elliott, CB'd him to Loserville. That's still not a trend. Loserville has his OV this weekend.

Of course, Bud doesn't want him to go to Miami because he's a FSU homer.

I picture anyone named bud as an ******* to begin with, now a Nole bud, that's the double whammy

I think people like to throw out stupid cliches that might have no basis in reality such as " he wants to play with the Heisman winner."

I got a feeling about Thomas having come from a similar area. I know that when I got to Miami it seemed like heaven to me as a grimy city kid. Louisville and Tennessee don't have that magic. If we can avoid a bag battle and get this dude on campus he's ours.

There's truth to this.A lot of us who grew up in Miami don't appreciate it the way people do who come from the snow and rust belt cities. When I was first away in college I never understood why kids from up north got so excited to go to Miami. I was just immune to it because I lived there my whole life. It was normal to me. To these kids it's like heaven.

I was born and raised in Miami...never spent more than 2 weeks away from my city before joining the Marines. Miami is still heaven to me lol

You a marine? Salute to you man. My dad and brother are marines

I remember that reality TV show about your family. Wasn't it called "Two Marines and a Moron"?

IMG_0361.jpg.

Advertisement
Ivins posted this tonight
" many think that Thomas will end up inking with the Hurricanes and apparently some people inside are already pushing him that way. "

Positive news

I think people like to throw out stupid cliches that might have no basis in reality such as " he wants to play with the Heisman winner."

I got a feeling about Thomas having come from a similar area. I know that when I got to Miami it seemed like heaven to me as a grimy city kid. Louisville and Tennessee don't have that magic. If we can avoid a bag battle and get this dude on campus he's ours.

There's truth to this.A lot of us who grew up in Miami don't appreciate it the way people do who come from the snow and rust belt cities. When I was first away in college I never understood why kids from up north got so excited to go to Miami. I was just immune to it because I lived there my whole life. It was normal to me. To these kids it's like heaven.

I was born and raised in Miami...never spent more than 2 weeks away from my city before joining the Marines. Miami is still heaven to me lol

You a marine? Salute to you man. My dad and brother are marines

I remember that reality TV show about your family. Wasn't it called "Two Marines and a Moron"?

Two and a Half Men 2

" many think that Thomas will end up inking with the Hurricanes and apparently some people inside are already pushing him that way. "

Positive news

If true, then that is definitely very positive news.

No disrespect to Jeudy talent wise, he is very gifted. But Thomas is THE most explosive player with the ball in his hands that I've seen in this class. Kid reminds me a little bit of DeSean Jackson. Straight up nasty.

Advertisement

Positive news

Very very very very positive. Sad that once again an OOS kid and his people get it more then homegrown kids

Positive news

Very very very very positive. Sad that once again an OOS kid and his people get it more then homegrown kids

I would think Illinois says that about tons of players every year too.

Positive news

I think DJ and DeeJay get it. As for Thomas, until we know more, my guess is he gets the opportunity here not necessarily the rest of it but we'll see.

Advertisement
It's definitely looking good for us but I really hope he shuts it down after his visit to Miami. I don't like the fact that he is visiting Tennessee last. We all saw what they did last year with Williams and Byrd. I know for a fact that boosters pay players there and will do everything they can to land Thomas and his "family".

get him on campus next monday during bid day then take him to south beach. should lock up a dude who only knows st louis women

Looks like we picked up 3 more crystal ball predictions yesterday from writers for Ohio Taint, Bama and the Atlanta Journal Constitution. [MENTION=94]valid[/MENTION] we trending up, baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back