Jeff Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people like to throw out stupid cliches that might have no basis in reality such as " he wants to play with the Heisman winner."

I got a feeling about Thomas having come from a similar area. I know that when I got to Miami it seemed like heaven to me as a grimy city kid. Louisville and Tennessee don't have that magic. If we can avoid a bag battle and get this dude on campus he's ours.

Advertisement
Thomas' has been getting some CBs to Louisville. They are a huge threat....how can a frosh pass up a chance to be the #1 target for the Heisman winner (even if its for one year only)?

I would consider them the favourite for now.

With you saying this, I feel better about our chances now.

Please let this go down as #avalidspecial .

I'm pretty sure Lamar will be hosting him and that dude I'm sure is a celebrity around town... Not saying that should be the considered for anyone making this type of decision. But, this is a humble kid from the hood of east st.louis that can possibly be influenced by these situations.. That and i think Lamar is loosing his top WR

I agree, they're a big threat. I just am not willing to go off the rails bc they got 1 CB from an FSU writer. I expect this to be a tougher week for us as he visits there this weekend.

Anyone who watched college football figure out Lamar Jackson the last 4 games or so that they played knows that he's not a WR friendly QB. He's another scramble ball guy who stopped making so many plays as soon as defenses started containing him in the pocket.

As soon as they started facing defenses worth a ****, Lamar didn't do anything. Two of their last 3 games were against Houston and LSU. Those defensive lines smashed UL's o-line. The last 3 teams figured that offense out with the quickness. As has already been mentioned, I don't see the allure of playing with a Heisman trophy winner for one season. What's he going to do the other 2/3 years if they have a crap QB?

he single handedly destroyed FSU and Clemson's defenses....

He sure did. That's why I used the qualifier of the final few games of the season when teams stopped letting him get outside the pocket and play scramble ball. Hurts was lighting it up early in the year too. Then he looked like a toilet toward the end of the season.

If you're a WR the allure of playing with a scramble ball QB shouldn't be that significant unless you're looking to go somewhere and be an "ooooooh did you see that?" spectator.

Thomas' has been getting some CBs to Louisville. They are a huge threat....how can a frosh pass up a chance to be the #1 target for the Heisman winner (even if its for one year only)?

I would consider them the favourite for now.

With you saying this, I feel better about our chances now.

Please let this go down as #avalidspecial .

I'm pretty sure Lamar will be hosting him and that dude I'm sure is a celebrity around town... Not saying that should be the considered for anyone making this type of decision. But, this is a humble kid from the hood of east st.louis that can possibly be influenced by these situations.. That and i think Lamar is loosing his top WR

I agree, they're a big threat. I just am not willing to go off the rails bc they got 1 CB from an FSU writer. I expect this to be a tougher week for us as he visits there this weekend.

agree. Just visiting Miami should change this kids outlook on whats possible in his life

Anyone who watched college football figure out Lamar Jackson the last 4 games or so that they played knows that he's not a WR friendly QB. He's another scramble ball guy who stopped making so many plays as soon as defenses started containing him in the pocket.

As soon as they started facing defenses worth a ****, Lamar didn't do anything. Two of their last 3 games were against Houston and LSU. Those defensive lines smashed UL's o-line. The last 3 teams figured that offense out with the quickness. As has already been mentioned, I don't see the allure of playing with a Heisman trophy winner for one season. What's he going to do the other 2/3 years if they have a crap QB?

FSU's defense was crap to start the season. Everyone in Tally wanted their coordinator fired. Clemson's also another team that started to come on late.

Advertisement
Thomas will visit Louisville and rave about the visit. Call it a 10. Talk about how awesome Jackson is and what an honor it would be to play with him. And this board will implode.

I think people like to throw out stupid cliches that might have no basis in reality such as " he wants to play with the Heisman winner."

I got a feeling about Thomas having come from a similar area. I know that when I got to Miami it seemed like heaven to me as a grimy city kid. Louisville and Tennessee don't have that magic. If we can avoid a bag battle and get this dude on campus he's ours.

So let me get this str8 Chise, you're an older gentlemen that grew up in the slums, just to make it in Miami in which you were fortunate enough to own a popping night club, which you sold and used the monies to become a sneaker head?? Dude, next time I'm in Miami, I'm linking up w you so I can produce your autobiography entitled "The Real Franchise." Lol

Y'all worry too much. We just got 10 or more crystal balls for Thomas to Miami yesterday from 247 national insider who changed his picked to Miami after speaking to a SOURCE close to him and at the school... even the Illinois mod changed his pick from them to Miami.... just chill

2018 could be pretty stupid if we close this class RIGHT

Richards
Cager
Mullins
Thomas
Smith
Pouncey

That's a lit receiving core. Scoop up Pope and Xavier Williams for the '18 class and you're cooking with gas.

Advertisement

He sure did. That's why I used the qualifier of the final few games of the season when teams stopped letting him get outside the pocket and play scramble ball. Hurts was lighting it up early in the year too. Then he looked like a toilet toward the end of the season.

If you're a WR the allure of playing with a scramble ball QB shouldn't be that significant unless you're looking to go somewhere and be an "ooooooh did you see that?" spectator.

wish it was, but don't think these kids structure their decision making the way you and i do....

Some of y'all some scary b*tches... first it was the bagmen at Tennessee is going to get him a day ago. Then it was Louisville the allure of playing with a heisman trophy winner.. and this is all within a day of receiving a crystal ball pickup to Miami with someone with knowledge of the recruitment and a very credible source... not to mention the parade of crystal ball picks to Miami... bottom line we are in a great position with him right now it seems so let's see how the staff close

There's truth to this.A lot of us who grew up in Miami don't appreciate it the way people do who come from the snow and rust belt cities. When I was first away in college I never understood why kids from up north got so excited to go to Miami. I was just immune to it because I lived there my whole life. It was normal to me. To these kids it's like heaven.

So let me get this str8 Chise, you're an older gentlemen that grew up in the slums, just to make it in Miami in which you were fortunate enough to own a popping night club, which you sold and used the monies to become a sneaker head?? Dude, next time I'm in Miami, I'm linking up w you so I can produce your autobiography entitled "The Real Franchise." Lol

As I recently learned, ain't no soft shouldered 248 area code Bloomfield/ Birmingham or Grosse Point suburbs for the Living Legend. Chise is straight up 313 Motor City ghetto. He rolls effortlessly through Livernois & W Chicago like it's the Fresh Market.

Advertisement

they dont call him the living legend for nothing, bruh. just hope some day you get to hear the rest of it.

wish it was, but don't think these kids structure their decision making the way you and i do....
We can agree that neither of us has a clue what's important to Thomas in making his college choice.

There's truth to this.A lot of us who grew up in Miami don't appreciate it the way people do who come from the snow and rust belt cities. When I was first away in college I never understood why kids from up north got so excited to go to Miami. I was just immune to it because I lived there my whole life. It was normal to me. To these kids it's like heaven.

I was born and raised in Miami...never spent more than 2 weeks away from my city before joining the Marines. Miami is still heaven to me lol

Advertisement

I was born and raised in Miami...never spent more than 2 weeks away from my city before joining the Marines. Miami is still heaven to me lol

You a marine? Salute to you man. My dad and brother are marines

we have just as good of shot to land this kid as any of the others schools pushing to get him plain and simple... he likes The U and we REALLY would like him here to play WR immediately!!! i dont want to lose out on this kid dammit!!! defenses would have nightmares trying to figure out how to cover some of our packages with guys out there like Mullins, Richards, Thomas, Cager... add in our new TEs and we have more than enough talent on offense to get the job done from day 1 next season

This is bud Elliot's reason for a crystal ball pick of Thomas to Louisville.. he just guessing and calling for an upset... that guy is a total tool

"Bud’s intel: Miami has been on Thomas hard, but do not discount Louisville’s chances. The Cardinals have a history of landing prospects other schools aren’t sure they can get qualified, and Louisville’s spread offense might feature Thomas more in space. I’ll call for the upset with the Cards."

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2017/1/12/14245588/recruit-rankings-2017-uncommitted-players

2018 could be pretty stupid if we close this class RIGHT

Richards
Cager
Mullins
Thomas
Smith
Pouncey

That's a lit receiving core. Scoop up Pope and Xavier Williams for the '18 class and you're cooking with gas.

If (big if) we can somehow close with Smith, Thomas, Dean and McFarland, that has to make up the fastest class in the nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back