Jeff Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
This class as a whole is pretty disappointing. I can't name a prospect I'm genuinely excited to see play; maybe Bandy?

This class as a whole is pretty disappointing. I can't name a prospect I'm genuinely excited to see play; maybe Bandy?

Donaldson, Gibson (so underrated it's gross), Dallas, Perry don't have you excited?

Advertisement

Anchor Man thats how I roll .gif

When you have a position of need, there aren't a lot of prospects and you're competing with SEC powers - that's not a good position to be in.

We saw it up close last year with wr Latrell Williams who was committed to Dugans at USF for almost a year then followed him here and Tennessee gets on him a couple weeks prior to NSD and takes him away with Byrd.Now some will say Byrd followed Larry Scott but Williams all Dugans who worked on him and forged a strong bond for over a year and again UT comes in and in days erases all that,how is that possible,we alll know.

Yep. If our only targets outside of dingle and njoku are hollimon, smith, that should be very concerning to all. We only have one legit WR coming back (Richards) and the rest are JAGS or worse. Mullins is a huge question mark IMO. Need 3-4 WRs in this class and that last 1 or 2 needs to be a difference maker

Last year we needed 4-5 wrs and only 3 are on the team today,we need another 4-5 this year and are at 2 or 3 depending on Dallas but have very few quality targets looking at us and are leaning elsewhere,makes you wonder if our run heavy offense is scaring them way but we also don't have RBs lining up to come either.

Run heavy offense doesn't scare WRs from Bama, but then again... $EC

Alabama runs a spread O

are you blind?

Of course there are some good pieces. It's a good class. But it's not better than 2016 (Pre or Post Golden) and there hasn't been a noticeable bump in actual blue chip committments. We'll see how it finishes.

Advertisement

We have many defensive studs coming in as well as Donaldson,Perry and others on offense.We do need to get a top RB and WR though.Burns is supposedly really good but doesn't have many highlights this year due to injury. Getting Devonta Smiff would be huge.

are you blind?

Of course there are some good pieces. It's a good class. But it's not better than 2016 (Pre or Post Golden) and there hasn't been a noticeable bump in actual blue chip committments. We'll see how it finishes.

Who is the Mike Pinckney, Ahmmon Richards, Shaq Quarterman, & Joseph Jackson of this 2017 class?

Advertisement

are you blind?

Who is the Mike Pinckney, Ahmmon Richards, Shaq Quarterman, & Joseph Jackson of this 2017 class?

Donaldson and D.J Johnson are on that level. Perry too and maybe Bandy. But that 2016 class also brought in Homer, Mullins, Bethel and Mccloud who right now would be top six in the 2017 class in the rankings. Even losing Byrd and Bruce it stands as a more top heavy class.

I think the point Maurice is making is who on offense? The thread is about WR after all. I am not sure who we really have that is a game breaker in this class at this point. We have missed on some real good ones, and defensively this is a good looking class. I like the QB, but honestly, I am not sure that he is going to come right in and start over Allison. Dingle? 6'1" with a 4.89 40 is that true? Burns? Does he even play on his HS team anymore? Last I saw he has like almost zero PT due to injuries. Isn't Deejay Dallas starting out on defense too? Donaldson is nice, but we obviously need more help than that on the OL. Not sure about the other guys committed on the line. They seem like projects... Dykstra? Polendy at TE? Who knows...The point is we need help offensively.

Advertisement
We saw it up close last year with wr Latrell Williams who was committed to Dugans at USF for almost a year then followed him here and Tennessee gets on him a couple weeks prior to NSD and takes him away with Byrd.Now some will say Byrd followed Larry Scott but Williams all Dugans who worked on him and forged a strong bond for over a year and again UT comes in and in days erases all that,how is that possible,we alll know.

Yep. If our only targets outside of dingle and njoku are hollimon, smith, that should be very concerning to all. We only have one legit WR coming back (Richards) and the rest are JAGS or worse. Mullins is a huge question mark IMO. Need 3-4 WRs in this class and that last 1 or 2 needs to be a difference maker

Last year we needed 4-5 wrs and only 3 are on the team today,we need another 4-5 this year and are at 2 or 3 depending on Dallas but have very few quality targets looking at us and are leaning elsewhere,makes you wonder if our run heavy offense is scaring them way but we also don't have RBs lining up to come either.

Run heavy offense doesn't scare WRs from Bama, but then again... $EC

Alabama runs a spread O

Just seeing this now. Alabama has nearly twice as many carries as pass attempts. I don't care what kind of O they run, you can't say Alabama isn't run heavy.

Forgot about Latrell **** he could've been getting playing time here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back