Jeff Thomas suspended today

Advertisement
I don't buy the cancer thing. Is he a bad teammate? No doubt. Is he what's wrong with this team? Not even close. We've been talking big for 15 years. Don't be a fan later. Blah blah. Down 30.. Look at the rings! Look at me! Most of these kids don't care about winning or losing. Just talk. Fake swag. Fake dancing. Fake coaches. Fake AD's. Fake fans. Fake news. A few reals mixed in (Salute JJ4, DJT).
Yeah there are definitely far more pressing issues than Jeff Thomas in terms of what’s wrong with Miami. He’s a quiet kid who has had a tough life coming from a terrible environment with no real father figure. He just needs guidance really.

Yeah there are definitely far more pressing issues than Jeff Thomas in terms of what’s wrong with Miami. He’s a quiet kid who has had a tough life coming from a terrible environment with no real father figure. He just needs guidance really.
I’m not trying to defend JT4’s antics, but knowing his background, and the level of dysfunction on offense in 2018 and 2019, UM certainly didn’t make the environment easy for him to be successful

Advertisement
So he has had grade issues, has quit on his team, and doesn't perform when it counts. Yeah, the national title contenders will be all over him.
He had grade issues in high school, attempted to transfer during a coaching change & muffed a punt in a season where we might not even be bowl eligible. I'm pretty sure they'll get past it.. Thomas > Cager (/thread)

He had grade issues in high school, attempted to transfer during a coaching change & muffed a punt in a season where we might not even be bowl eligible. I'm pretty sure they'll get past it.. Thomas > Cager (/thread)

The /thread thing is so 2002. It has literally never ended a thread.

Why would the top teams take a chance on someone with so many issues when they have plenty of talent beating down their doors already?

That's my only thing. I don't excuse his actions or behavior but I also don't think Miami ended up being the right fit. Lots of coaching/player turnover. Lots of turmoil. He needed stability & structure. He got utter chaos.

Advertisement
They don't see it as being worth the investment. You do know that the big option last year was Illinois.
Illinois is home. Not sure if he was going after a waiver & didn't get it (we'll never know). I digress. You feel your way, I feel mine. We'll see. IMO someone will take the chance if it unfolds that way.

Advertisement
I’m not trying to defend JT4’s antics, but knowing his background, and the level of dysfunction on offense in 2018 and 2019, UM certainly didn’t make the environment easy for him to be successful

explain why he wanted to leave after a 10 win season then? come on the winning argument goes to **** when you find out he didnt want to be here after our most successful season in a decade plus

explain why he wanted to leave after a 10 win season then? come on the winning argument goes to **** when you find out he didnt want to be here after our most successful season in a decade plus
You must be slow, I’ll remind you

In 2018 we were 7-6 with a garbage offensive staff and garbage QBs, thanks to Jon Richt

In 2019 the offense is even worse

For a kid that has an entire family depending on him to make it to the league, UM hasn’t really been helping him

Now I understand that UMs sole purpose isn’t to improve JT4s draft stock, but it is utterly moronic that in 2018 and 2019 JT isn’t getting 10 touches a game, in an effort to get your best playmakers the ball..... hence why JT has wondered if this is the best place for him

Advertisement
You must be slow, I’ll remind you

In 2018 we were 7-6 with a garbage offensive staff and garbage QBs, thanks to Jon Richt

In 2019 the offense is even worse

For a kid that has an entire family depending on him to make it to the league, UM hasn’t really been helping him

Now I understand that UMs sole purpose isn’t to improve JT4s draft stock, but it is utterly moronic that in 2018 and 2019 JT isn’t getting 10 touches a game, in an effort to get your best playmakers the ball..... hence why JT has wondered if this is the best place for him

you must have forgotten that he had to be convinced to come back after a 10-3 season (his freshman year). since his first year, hes been looking for a way out of miami. has nothing to do with winning or success

Advertisement
Back