Jeff Thomas suspended today

Advertisement
you must have forgotten that he had to be convinced to come back after a 10-3 season (his freshman year). since his first year, hes been looking for a way out of miami. has nothing to do with winning or success
Show me where he was looking to leave after his freshman year in 2017

You must be slow, I’ll remind you

In 2018 we were 7-6 with a garbage offensive staff and garbage QBs, thanks to Jon Richt

In 2019 the offense is even worse

For a kid that has an entire family depending on him to make it to the league, UM hasn’t really been helping him

Now I understand that UMs sole purpose isn’t to improve JT4s draft stock, but it is utterly moronic that in 2018 and 2019 JT isn’t getting 10 touches a game, in an effort to get your best playmakers the ball..... hence why JT has wondered if this is the best place for him
What's more moronic, is one of the very first things **** said after seeing the lineup is....we must get JT the ball 10 times a game. Yeah, that was a lie.

Advertisement
What's more moronic, is one of the very first things **** said after seeing the lineup is....we must get JT the ball 10 times a game. Yeah, that was a lie.
**** (1).jpg

It was widely reported that Jeff had to be talked out of quitting his first year. Then he walked out on his team his second year. Now in his third year he's suspended. He also quit on his HS team. They call this a track record.

Guys like this are cancer. I get that he comes from a rough situation but at some point Thomas is who he is and his near constant waffling about quitting reflects that.

Thomas is a great talent (who this team bizarrely can't get the ball to in space) but this season has basically set his draft stock to UDFA. NFL scouts aren't going to come calling for a guy who's 2019 highlights are muffing a punt in a rivalry game and being suspended multiple weeks. His track record poisons how scouts will view him. He will be more akin to someone like Gerald Willis in their eyes, we saw how that turned out this offseason.

Thomas has made his own bed here, fans need to stop defending him. When the going gets tough there are not enough players on this team who step up. Quitters quit, it's what they do. This team needs to expose those mentally weak players and move on from them. Responding to adversity makes people who they are and this team still has a number of players who would rather step back, cry, or whine than step up and fight. Separate the wheat from the chaff and move on.

Physically. Do you think him and an average 18 year old lift, run, jump the same?
Don't know about lifting, but no, I think he probably runs much faster and jumps much higher than "an average 18 year old". But what difference does that make? We're analyzing him on a very different scale from "average 18 year old". We're talking about whether he's got the goods to play professional football. And based on the simply jaw dropping amount of hype he came with, thus far I have seen a kid who doesn't have his head in the game and has made as many big plays in his entire time at Miami as I can count on my hands, maybe one hand. Sure, there are factors outside of his control, many of them. I just didn't understand your use of the term "developed talent". So far Jeff has proven to be the exact opposite of "developed talent".

Advertisement
Guys like this are cancer. I get that he comes from a rough situation but at some point Thomas is who he is and his near constant waffling about quitting reflects that.

Thomas is a great talent (who this team bizarrely can't get the ball to in space) but this season has basically set his draft stock to UDFA. NFL scouts aren't going to come calling for a guy who's 2019 highlights are muffing a punt in a rivalry game and being suspended multiple weeks. His track record poisons how scouts will view him. He will be more akin to someone like Gerald Willis in their eyes, we saw how that turned out this offseason.

Thomas has made his own bed here, fans need to stop defending him. When the going gets tough there are not enough players on this team who step up. Quitters quit, it's what they do. This team needs to expose those mentally weak players and move on from them. Responding to adversity makes people who they are and this team still has a number of players who would rather step back, cry, or whine than step up and fight. Separate the wheat from the chaff and move on.
Willis played early round draft pick last year but the NFL wasn't touching him with a 50 ft pole. Thomas hasn't been nearly as good with possibly more baggage.

Physically developed (grown man vs boy) "talent". As in, high ceiling player.
Ahhh ok, I gotcha. I definitely agree there is generally a huge difference at the college level between underclassmen and upperclassmen due to how much people's bodies develop during that time. So I'm with you on that. I misunderstood.

Ahhh ok, I gotcha. I definitely agree there is generally a huge difference at the college level between underclassmen and upperclassmen due to how much people's bodies develop during that time. So I'm with you on that. I misunderstood.
Maybe I could have worded it better.

I call it the KState/Bill Snyder approach. Grown a$$ men.

Advertisement
It was widely reported that Jeff had to be talked out of quitting his first year. Then he walked out on his team his second year. Now in his third year he's suspended. He also quit on his HS team. They call this a track record.

Would love to hear your definition of "widely reported.'' Search the internet, at least do a Google search and let's see a few of the reports.

Would love to hear your definition of "widely reported.'' Search the internet, at least do a Google search and let's see a few of the reports.

it was reported by either pete or stefan when reports came out that JT quit last year. you just have to do some CIS sleuthing.

Advertisement
here you go. wasnt hard to find.

it was reported by either pete or stefan when reports came out that JT quit last year. you just have to do some CIS sleuthing.
Oh ****, why didn't you say so - Woodward & Bernstein.

So, you're going on this from the cited article as widely reported? No offense to Stefan and maybe Thomas toyed with the idea of leaving, but would be nice if Thomas were to be asked directly. Is it too hard to ask at some point vs. second or third hand info? Just a thought.

CIS learned that Thomas seriously contemplated a transfer over the 2018 summer before being convinced to stay by the staff. Privately, some around UM have expressed that an issue with Thomas was inevitable and that it was surprising that it has taken this long.

Last edited:
Nah, I don't care enough, bud. Perhaps it was a poor choice of words on my part. I heard it being discussed many times when Jeff *****ed out and quit on his team last year that he had been talked out of doing the same thing in 2017. If you think that's not true.... ok, cool.

Nah, I don't care enough, bud. Perhaps it was a poor choice of words on my part. I heard it being discussed many times when Jeff *****ed out and quit on his team last year that he had been talked out of doing the same thing in 2017. If you think that's not true.... ok, cool.
my dude, if you don’t care enough to get to the facts, instead of rumors, why do you keep repeating that he quit?

You also keep leaving out the part that those rumors included he had a baby back home that he wanted to be closer to

Advertisement
Back