Jeff Thomas story time from Footballville....

Worst offensive coordinators in college football?

Almost the worst quarterbacking in college football?

Taken in context, stats are not where you judge JT.

He is obviously an NFL talent. Whether he is pro bowl or practice squad is yet to be determined.

With the right organization, he could be the steal of the the draft. With the wrong organization, he won’t make a practice squad. A smart coach will take him with a late pick just to see what he brings to the table. Yeah you could try to get him undrafted but I think he will have multiple suitors unless he bombs the interview process.
Thomas is rated the 34th receiver for a reason. I have always said he is overrated. The only thing he has going for his is he can run fast in a straight line. He also has a terrible work ethic and terrible attitude.

Advertisement
Constant excuses are made for this kid. Fact is KJ produced what he could in the same offense. JT4 is not it. Not what everyone here is hyping him to be. Thread will be hilarious in 3 months when he doesn't get drafted & is in the XFL.
I have been saying the same thing. He is rated the 34th receiver for a reason. The only thing he has going for him is that he can run fast in a straight line.

giving up plus field position not only gives an easy drive (esp at the time, UF couldnt really move the ball well), but doesnt even do anything to eat up time. it was a huge mistake (reminded me of the easy pick rosier threw to wisky lineman in the OB game when we were up early and had it rolling)
I know the consequences of his muff. Was it a crucial play and one of many turning points, yes. Point still remains, THAT ONE PLAY DID NOT LOSE US THE GAME BY ITSELF.

Last edited:
One muffed punt can absolutely lose a game especially when on the five yard line and followed by a dropped touchdown. JT4 had no positive impact on that game. Talented? On paper I guess but his most memorable games are from his freshmen season or when LSU was already up by 30. Dude's overrated
You keep bringing up the dropped ball like he dropped a pass that was a routine catch and hit him square in the chest. Well I guess if he makes that catch Baxa doesn’t miss a 27 yrd fg on the next play, we don’t blow coverage in the middle of the field and give up 65yrds on the next play, Pitts doesn’t take a screen down to the 2 after our lb and safety run into each other on the next play, and Franks doesn’t basically walk into the endzone to finish the drive off. Why did we have the lead, and give it up after uf scored following the muff. Was the JTs fault too?

So you just admitted JT has talent. Then it shouldn’t be hard to understand why he WAS getting hyped or how some can see him latching on to a team and finding a role if a team takes a chance on him and he can get out his own head. Nobody is saying he is getting drafted day one or even day two, nobody is saying he will be a superstar. All everyone is saying is what you just said just in more words. The talent is there.

IMO, his measurements killed him. Teams take chances all the time on guys with off the field problems if they can impress teams in interviews. But being 5’8 and off the field problems will make teams say no thanks no matter how well you test.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I have been saying the same thing. He is rated the 34th receiver for a reason. The only thing he has going for him is that he can run fast in a straight line.

He didn't even do that as good as expected. 😆 KJ ran with him.

Advertisement
Our QBs hit deep balls to Pope and Wiggins but couldn't hit JT? sure.

We didn’t hit many period.

JT was the focus of the coverage. Other guys should get opened up under those circumstances.

Wiggins is big and fast. He has freakish potential if he can get consistent catching. He is more a prototype #1.

Pope wasn’t exactly Steve Smith out there.

You keep bringing up the dropped ball like he dropped a pass that was a routine catch and hit him square in the chest. Well I guess if he makes that catch Baxa doesn’t miss a 27 yrd fg on the next play, we don’t blow coverage in the middle of the field and give up 65yrds on the next play, Pitts doesn’t take a screen down to the 2 after our lb and safety run into each other on the next play, and Franks doesn’t basically walk into the endzone to finish the drive off. Why did we have the lead, and give it up after uf scored following the muff. Was the JTs fault too?

So you just admitted JT has talent. Then it shouldn’t be hard to understand why he WAS getting hyped or how some can see him latching on to a team and finding a role if a team takes a chance on him and he can get out his own head. Nobody is saying he is getting drafted day one or even day two, nobody is saying he will be a superstar. All everyone is saying is what you just said just in more words. The talent is there.

IMO, his measurements killed him. Teams take chances all the time on guys with off the field problems if they can impress teams in interviews. But being 5’8 and off the field problems will make teams say no thanks no matter how well you test.

what winning team did JT4 do well against that wasn’t beating us by 30? Most overrated player I’ve seen here

We didn’t hit many period.

JT was the focus of the coverage. Other guys should get opened up under those circumstances.

Wiggins is big and fast. He has freakish potential if he can get consistent catching. He is more a prototype #1.

Pope wasn’t exactly Steve Smith out there.

being the focus really kills you. Which is why AR84 struggled right? Oh he didn’t. Guess he wasn’t overrated. There’s a reason JT’s next best option was Illinois

I'd love seeing him in Philadelphia or Vegas....(the teams I am a fan of.

Yeah even Seattle ...because Pete Carroll would definitely get the best out of him

If he ends up with NE 😳 Brady could play till he's 50

If he ends up with KC 🤩 They'll create a dynasty that will rival what NE accomplished....if Andy Reid doesn't eat himself to death 🤗

He most likely won't be drafted high... and may even fall out of the draft ....but his extraordinary talent, when utilized , is undeniable...and he'll make the teams that passed on him regret it.

IMO He wasn't motivated in college...but the challenge of playing against the best will put him in overdrive to succeed.

Wasn't motivated in college? That's the excuse we're using?

A lot of guys, particularly Miami guys were motivated as **** to play to the best of their ability because they didn't want to end up back in the hood. JT is from one of the worst parts of the country. How in the **** would you not be motivated to build up your draft stock so you don't end up back in East St. Louis?

Advertisement
Kid is naturally blessed and has spent his young life ****ing on the gifts given to him. My dude needs Jesus.

Advertisement
Fsu, vt, Toledo, Georgia tech, Syracuse, savannah st, Toledo

FSU hasn’t been a winning team, either has GT, Syracuse. Lol at Savannah State and Toledo those are the games that make Canes legends right?

VT was one of the only games JT even showed up for this year and even though we were technically down big so it goes with my original statement, I’ll give you that one.

FSU hasn’t been a winning team, either has GT, Syracuse. Lol at Savannah State and Toledo those are the games that make Canes legends right?

VT was one of the only games JT even showed up for this year and even though we were technically down big so it goes with my original statement, I’ll give you that one.
You keep moving the goal posts bra. I never said he was a canes legend.

You keep moving the goal posts bra. I never said he was a canes legend.

the goal post was Name a WINNING TEAM that he did good against who wasn’t beating us by 30

You only could name VT who was beating us by 28 and Toledo. Fact is, we can talk excuses all day but good players don’t need perfect conditions to be good players. Brevin, KJ Osborn, and Harley all put up more yards and receptions. Wiggins almost matched his yards on 11 less receptions showing that Wiggins was better on the deep routes and had more touchdowns.

As a fan base we often overhype these guys while they’re Canes but now that Jeff has declared early and sealed his fate as an XFL player, there’s no reason to keep up the charade

Advertisement
Back