Jeff Thomas sticking with Illinois. NOT!

Advertisement
Exactly!!!
As JJ said after firing the guy who fell asleep in his Cowboys team meeting....He has different levels of tolerance for different players... the elite get more chances than the average ..

^^^THIS
Anyone who doesn't KNOW this already has never played sports at any meaningful level beyond elementary school where sports is about winning ...and everyone doesn't get those silly BS participation trophies.

No such thing as fairness when it comes to winning. Little Johnny in his baggy oversized uniform WILL NOT get playing time when the game is on the line. He will sit his cry baby *** down and watch while the big boys determine the outcome even if its the last time he could ever play.

Everyone is NOT EQUAL in a team sports The only thing everyone has are roles. These roles are not the same.. Some contribute and are more valuable than others.

When it comes to winning. Few are going to shed tears about losing some easily replaced journeyman. But losing someone like a JT is a difference maker.

I understand the "he quit on the team" folks but can we also remember how many times this cat played hurt. We all saw games where we thought this man was out for the season and yet he was back in trying to make plays for this team. Remember when we all thought he broke his ankle? Just something to think about.

Put me firmly in the “let the players decide” camp. Admittedly we do not know everything that has gone on behind the scenes re JT4 but sure hope it works out for all sides.

Advertisement
Put me firmly in the “let the players decide” camp. Admittedly we do not know everything that has gone on behind the scenes re JT4 but sure hope it works out for all sides.
Players are not accountable for the decision. Manny is. If Jeff Thomas is the cancer some of you claim he is (I don't) Manny will be the one who has to answer for it. Ask for their input but let Manny chose who is and isn't on his team.

I think Jeff, like a lot of the guys on the team this year, was sick of how the staff underutilized and wasted his talent. Every game this season we could all see WR's throwing their hands up in frustration and having zero energy coming off the field. Also, lots of players were upset about the different standards of play they were all held up too. Freshman WR's would get pulled off the field and benched for a missed block or dropped pass, but Malik would still be under center despite a 45% completion percentage and two pics. Even with all of that, there's no excuse to miss team meetings and act like a diva. Manny will make the final call on him, and at the least Jeff has a new pair of eyes evaluating the situation.

Advertisement
^^^THIS
Anyone who doesn't KNOW this already has never played sports at any meaningful level beyond elementary school where sports is about winning ...and everyone doesn't get those silly BS participation trophies.

No such thing as fairness when it comes to winning. Little Johnny in his baggy oversized uniform WILL NOT get playing time when the game is on the line. He will sit his cry baby *** down and watch while the big boys determine the outcome even if its the last time he could ever play.

Everyone is NOT EQUAL in a team sports The only thing everyone has are roles. These roles are not the same.. Some contribute and are more valuable than others.

When it comes to winning. Few are going to shed tears about losing some easily replaced journeyman. But losing someone like a JT is a difference maker.
Been a while since we had one of these “you don’t know because you never played!” posts

Advertisement
Something tells me Lovie Smith is going to be in this kids ear big time. I’d be shocked if he actually didn’t stay with Illinois

Advertisement
Something tells me Lovie Smith is going to be in this kids ear big time. I’d be shocked if he actually didn’t stay with Illinois

What’s he gonna say to him? “Come sit out a year, then play in our terrible offense?” At least at Miami he can improve his draft stock and get outta school.

I don’t wanna hear anything about wanting to be close to his family either. Sometimes in life you make hard decisions to set them up for the future, that’s what this should be.

Lovie got no pull with his 4-28 record. He probably gotta drop a bag.

If Jeff Thomas can really come back and it up to a player vote these players ain't sh*t if they vote not to take him back. Y'all want to hurt your chances of winning because of your petty feelings? GTFO. You ain't about the winning then.

Advertisement
Back