Jeff Thomas status?

I'm throwing the "stack chips" mantra to the wind on this case and hope UM wishes him well and we can all move on

Advertisement
I hope He comes back, he’s not readyin his own development, wasn’t used good enough this year and he can use a clean year of him not missing any games and to add to that this is possibly the deepest receiver draft class ever

JTPoor isn't very dynamic with the ball in his hands but Enis did a bad job setting him up to succeed. Jarren was also afraid to throw it deep until November. He should come back because kids with 8 TDs in 3 seasons don't get drafted and he must prove he's not a bad seed.

Drafted or not, some team will give him a look because he can use the current dumpster fire as an excuse for his issues. I think he makes a roster next fall whether he goes day3 or FA signing.

It's also in the best interest of the team for him to go. Same thing can be said Garvin, Donaldson who have both just checked completely out, and others like JW15, Martell, Hillary, and Herbert who should just transfer already.

Advertisement
Jeff Thomas 5 ⭐..lance legett 5 ⭐

I can see where you'd get that, but you're comparing 4 seasons to 3 and nobody saw Leggett and thought he was capable of doubling his stats in the right offense.

Leggett
Screenshot_20191212-133554_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thomas
Screenshot_20191212-133636_Samsung Internet.jpg

Advertisement
And people talking about his numbers. But 2017 that put him at 3rd on the team in yards as a true freshmen. 2018 he lead the team. And 2019 is 4th and with 21 yards in the bowl would be 1 of 4 players with 400 yards on the team. And technically could still end up leading the team in yards with a big game.

Anyone who thinks Jeff Thomas won’t get drafted is really crazy. JT4 will most definitely get drafted, and if I’m him... I’d head out. Don’t get his lack of production mistaken for his talent. He’s a 4.3-4 guy who has great feet, run good routes, good at making tough catches, and has a great agility. His hands hasn’t been into question either. He will have a pro day and everyone will get on him. I say 3-5 round guy. He reminds me of Mecole Hardman who was drafted in the second round to the chiefs.

Advertisement
This kid is going to kill it in the NFL. Every NFL Coach knows Miami Hurricanes players come at a discount cost due to bad coaching and bad schemes... Somehow our fans don't though. He will be drafted, and any scout worth a **** knows he's a baller who played for a ****** OC Coordinator.

When you cut on the film you see a player who told LSU DBs "I'm not scared of you". Who also told FSU "I'm not scared of you". Who also was open plenty of times, but didn't have a QB with the testicular fortitude to throw him the ball. He will play in the NFL.

Advertisement
I can see where you'd get that, but you're comparing 4 seasons to 3 and nobody saw Leggett and thought he was capable of doubling his stats in the right offense.

Leggett
View attachment 104895

Thomas
View attachment 104896
Both very talented. Jeff Thomas, if he leaves won’t get drafted. The likelihood of him then becoming a NFL Star is slim. Plenty of guys with similar talent levels but similar lack of production get lost in the shuffle at the next level. He’d be better off coming back to school, displaying better practice habits and working on his craft

Jeff Thomas is grossly under used. if we go spread id stay otherwise id bolt. he'll be a late round pick anywhere from 4-7. someone will take a chance on him. im sure Jeff would light up a pro day. every time i think of Jeff im reminded of TY Hilton just wish these coaches used him as much as fiu used hilton then

Advertisement
Back