Jeff Thomas status?

Advertisement
If by very late you mean UDFA..he doesn’t have enough tape or production imo..JR season he came on late. Remember how highly we all thought of Joe. We knew he would test very well.. personally idk how well garvin will test. But Joe was more productive his JR season..id be shocked if garvin gets drafted
Good point re Joe. I actually think Garvin will test pretty well, but he won't impress like a body type like Jackson would. Maybe you're right. There's some bad tape on him this year.

Here we go again with people blowing smoke up people's asses about our players getting drafted. Same fools who thought Willis was a day 1 prospect and Joe was 2-3 round material. News flash, they weren't.

Jeff doesn't have the production NFL scouts want. Production matters.

As far as testing, I've seen Thomas get hawked down often enough to know he aint a blazer. He's got great acceleration but lacks that extra pull away gear. He's small. He's a known headcase. There are many more productive and just as talented receivers this year going pro. He'll be a UFA and be given a try out. If he all of a sudden decides to work hard (for the first time in his career) and maintain a good attitude (also for the first time in his career) he might make a team. I wouldn't bet on it.

Advertisement
He needs to stay. But I would wait till after the bowl game and see if any staff changes are made. and then make a choice if Enos is still around i would probably leave

Advertisement
Kids gonna kill it in the league.

1 - JT4 is incredibly talented.

2 - Most people in the NFL are incredibly talented. What separates those who stay in the league vs those who flame out is work ethic, being a guy the team/coaches wants to have around the building and staying out of trouble.

If he doesn't do what's required in 2, 1 won't matter.

He is a ME GUY with a horrible work ethic & a worse attitude. Don’t care what happens with him. Real world will eat him alive. He needs to take a lap.

Watch Auburn's last TD against Bama (3:10).
A local dude, Shaun Rivers out of Chaminade-Madonna scored it on a jet sweep from the slot.
Mid 4-star kid, I believe.

That's the intensity i want.
Give me a couple of guys like this on offense and I'm good.

Advertisement
1 - JT4 is incredibly talented.

2 - Most people in the NFL are incredibly talented. What separates those who stay in the league vs those who flame out is work ethic, being a guy the team/coaches wants to have around the building and staying out of trouble.

If he doesn't do what's required in 2, 1 won't matter.
Exactly. A team will take a flier on him as a PS guy. But that’s as a UDFA..he not gonna be drafted..KJ Osborn has a better chance to be drafted and I say this with all seriousness..ppl think I’m saying Jeff isn’t talented when I say he is this generations Lance Leggett..but I’m dead *** serious. Lance would look like a AA in warmups..abd make some plays here and there..Jeff makes a spin move in open field or a contested catch and Our fans lose their collective minds..his production doesn’t fit his talent no matter how you cut it..he needs to improve his practice habits and attention to detail

Advertisement
Based on what? He’s a head case, I don’t see anyone dealing with that in the nfl solely based off potential
I agree he needs to manage his emotional issues to succeed but he is not a bad guy.
Based on what? He’s a head case, I don’t see anyone dealing with that in the nfl solely based off potential
This assumes he handles the mental part. I don't think he is a bad kid and some team will invest enough in him to make him a player and keep him going. I definitely know it can go the south though.

Jeff Thomas is not good enough to play in the nfl, maybe he had the potential when he got here. But he didn't improve at all, he didn't put in the work. Is what it is. Hope he stays and gets a degree and can start a life for himself that doesn't involve him going back to East Saint Louis.

He will test really really well and someone will take a chance but he will get drafted based off those numbers. I assume the 5th.

****, Tyreek Hill got drafted and he was one of the biggest POS on this earth since college.

Advertisement
Back