Jeff Thomas Named Player of The Game

Feel the same way, it’s crazy to me . Just like on defense with how guys like knowles and dean are getting more time over gurvan Hall and then all 3 of the freshman cornerbacks. You signed an elite class to not play most of the freshman and then play less talented guys over them who are costing us on both sides of the ball?

I agree. Only excuse is the freshmen don’t know the playbook I would assume. Either way, I’d rather have Hall/Ivey/Blades/Frierson learning on the job instead of Knowles/Dean flat out sucking out there.

Advertisement
My question is when Richards returns will we see Thomas’ production go up or down? I can’t wait till Richards is back because having Cager and Langham in the field at the same time is awful. Both of them are slow and create zero separation. I have also noticed our smaller WR Harley, Thomas and even Hightower are better at blocking downfield. Cager and Langham play like a bunch of chumps.
Who is this Richards you speak of?

Kid is gonna be an All American this year. He will break a punt return one of these games. Also at this point Rosier has to know that JT4 can carry him and be the safety valve at all times.

Him or Gerald Willis.

Top 3 players right now based on performance
Are
Gerald willis
Jeff Thomas
Deejay dallas

2 were elite out of state recruits and another blue chip out of state recruit.
Been saying since LSU the players that seem to show out are the players out of state .. it’s really unpopular opinion but the kids we are getting from down here have no produced on par with oos kids

Advertisement
Been saying since LSU the players that seem to show out are the players out of state .. it’s really unpopular opinion but the kids we are getting from down here have no produced on par with oos kids
Its why I always say we need to recruit mostly in Florida particular south Florida but also we NEED to recruit some elite out of state kids too. A lot of Miami’s best players of all time were not from from south Florida or Florida in particular

Said it yesterday that if we had a decent QB JT would end up in NY at the Heisman awards.

He’s great on go routes but I can just picture him grabbing a 10-15 yds slant and breaking it 70 yds for a score.

It’s been forever since we’ve used the middle of the field.Not sure why cause getting the ball to one of these guys on a 10-15 yd throw rather than a 40-yd heave would seem to be an easier way for Rosier to get ALL of our playmakers the ball.

I agree with this to an extent, almost seems like the kids have an attitude that they're better because of where they're from.
Our top three players, IMO, are all from out of state.

Dallas, Thomas & Willis

Advertisement
I can’t believe Pope hasn’t gotten more burn. **** even if it’s just a few routes/plays that he knows, put him in for that. We are waisting snaps with Cager and Langham on the field. Also DJ needs to be the starting RB with Homer coming in as the change of pace back.
Maybe it's because cager and langham catch clutch 3rd down passes. Also cagers td was a really difficult catch on a poorly thrown pass. Langham won 2 games for us last year and earned his spot. You want to replace him with a freshman who joined the team late in the summer. Think about that logic.

I agree with this to an extent, almost seems like the kids have an attitude that they're better because of where they're from.
Our top three players, IMO, are all from out of state.

Dallas, Thomas & Willis
it’s almost detrimental having all those personalities together .. I attribute it to the ****** coaches, parents or care takerare who are in these players corners just poisoning the well

Maybe it's because cager and langham catch clutch 3rd down passes. Also cagers td was a really difficult catch on a poorly thrown pass. Langham won 2 games for us last year and earned his spot. You want to replace him with a freshman who joined the team late in the summer. Think about that logic.

I still can’t believe how much **** Cager gets around here. It’s bizarre. He’s not a superstar but he’s pretty good.

Advertisement
Love Thomas but can't figure out why we don't target Harley more? Why are we so afraid to throw over the middle, it's so obvious.

Because we have a limited QB with poor field vision who is incapable of reliably throwing over the middle without turning the ball over. It’s not complicated. It also doesn’t make you a hater to see the truth.

Its why I always say we need to recruit mostly in Florida particular south Florida but also we NEED to recruit some elite out of state kids too. A lot of Miami’s best players of all time were not from from south Florida or Florida in particular

It's not one or the other. My formula would be roughly 50% S. Florida, 25% rest of state, 25% out of state. And that's about what Richt has done thus far.

Advertisement
We just need it diversify the roster in terms of where we get players from .. I remember people *****ing that we are getting these 4 star players oos but they’ve been clowning on the players we’ve signed from instate

Is it safe to say that JT elevating his game even more this season, has lessened the impact of Berrios graduating? Especially with the Berrios clutch catch that we thought we would definitely miss this season.

Because we have a limited QB with poor field vision who is incapable of reliably throwing over the middle without turning the ball over. It’s not complicated. It also doesn’t make you a hater to see the truth.
He's too short to see over the line. Shorter QBs need two things to successfully exploit the middle of the field. An o-line that can reliably create throwing lanes, and excellent anticipation to fire the ball into those lanes when the play is there to be made. We have neither.

Drew Brees is probably the best example of this that there's ever been.

Advertisement
Back