Jeff Thomas is finally taking off, but Harley...?

With youngsters you have to take the good with the bad. Harley has been up and down as expected as a lightweight true Frosh. His blocking and enthusiasm hasn't diminished though. He was all over JT Money after his TD catch.

That's because Harley is a true CANE.. he's a fan who happens to be lucky enough and talented enough to represent this U and he will make HUGE plays before his time is done at this school

Advertisement
Harley was our best receiver in camp. Practice isn't games, especially for a skinny freshman, but there is a reason he stays in the starting lineup. Elite ability to separate. He twisted his ankle on Saturday after his catch and never went back in.

IMO, our three most talented WRs are Richards, Thomas and Harley (in that order). We will be very tough to defend once we have all three of those guys rolling.

Uh, Berrios?

There's no way you can tell me at this point and time Berrios isn't better than at least Harley.

Harley certainly has very good potential, but it seems obvious during actual games Richards, Berrios, Langham, and recently Thomas have seperated themselves

He said talented. Not that they are better. A lot of people interpret that different. Talented doesn't always mean better though. Polly speaking in terms of potential. At this point berrios is easily top 3 on the team in terms of production. Probably top 2 overall wr on the team right now after Richards.

Harley has been getting open and blocking like a monster.

He's played 6 games. Chill and watch him shine for the next 3-4 years.

Assuming Harley can't go against UNC, I'm interested to see if Thomas gets a look at flanker. Or if Richards gets moved to flanker and Langham gets inserted at split end.

I still maintain our Starting lineup should be Richards, Langham, and Berrios. Jeff Thomas should be the 1st off the bench or to sub in when one of those 3 is tired (Langham and Thomas should split PT basically). Mike Harley next up. Mullins and Cager splitting time after those 5. Dayall Harris should basically be getting almost no PT. And Deejay Dallas should get some time at RB and WR.

Hopefully we are blowing out UNC this week so we can get Patchan more reps at TE and Dallas reps at RB (and Shireffs/Nkosi reps at qb). We really need to get those guys some PT so that if we need them in bigger games they have some experience under their belt.

Richards and Langham play the same position.

Advertisement
Harley was our best receiver in camp. Practice isn't games, especially for a skinny freshman, but there is a reason he stays in the starting lineup. Elite ability to separate. He twisted his ankle on Saturday after his catch and never went back in.

IMO, our three most talented WRs are Richards, Thomas and Harley (in that order). We will be very tough to defend once we have all three of those guys rolling.

Uh, Berrios?

There's no way you can tell me at this point and time Berrios isn't better than at least Harley.

Harley certainly has very good potential, but it seems obvious during actual games Richards, Berrios, Langham, and recently Thomas have seperated themselves

I said "most talented."

Berrios is our second-best receiver right now and deserves as many snaps as he can handle. But the three best talents are Richards, Thomas and Harley. They can wreck a game.

Nobody needs to sell me on Berrios. I'm the guy that sent his film to the staff.

Advertisement

Uh, Berrios?

I said "most talented."

Berrios is our second-best receiver right now and deserves as many snaps as he can handle. But the three best talents are Richards, Thomas and Harley. They can wreck a game.

Nobody needs to sell me on Berrios. I'm the guy that sent his film to the staff.

I've been waiting for d$ to collect his clout for passing berrios along to golden & crew

Uh, Berrios?

I said "most talented."

Can u send Johnny Fords to this one?

There arent enough balls to go around, these guys are open alot of the time throughout the game but like I said sometimes plays break down with pressure or misreads. Harley has been open alot its not his fault they call jump balls for him. Harley and JT will have plenty of chances in the future, and its a shame that u [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] had to do the last staffs job in identifying a particular player. Thats how inept they were..........unbelievable when u sit there and really think about it.

Thomas and Richards the only guys I see getting consistent initial separation from their defenders.

I like the way we're using JT. He's like a super move in one of those fighting games. You gotta use him strategically.

Jeff is a better player. Pretty simple. Just because Harley is a local guy and is on the small side too doesn't mean they will progress at the same speed.

Harley is still playing and doing a good job too. But he's not the player Jeff is. Jeff was also injured during fall practice.

Harley started good the first 2 games. Dont know what happened

What did Harley do so well that he's not doing now? He looks pretty much the same. Good young WR finding his way who spills his guts blocking.

Advertisement
Harley was dropping balls, while Thomas is balling as of late. You go with who is hot,

Harley is dropping balls, but it's less about his hands and more about his strength, which is no surprise. Needs to get much stronger overall, but especially upper body. He's having trouble being bumped at the line and top of routes, causing him to lose concentration. No surprise, as this was an issue for him coming in.

Jeff is a better player. Pretty simple. Just because Harley is a local guy and is on the small side too doesn't mean they will progress at the same speed.

Harley is still playing and doing a good job too. But he's not the player Jeff is. Jeff was also injured during fall practice.

Harley started good the first 2 games. Dont know what happened

What did Harley do so well that he's not doing now? He looks pretty much the same. Good young WR finding his way who spills his guts blocking.
Obv he's transfer material after Xmas... Let's write off another 18 yo kid for not performing like Andre Johnson with the Texans.

Cheeseburger, Lineage 14.1

Lol... Our fans throw guys away every week.

If a guy doesn't play like an All-American in every single game we can expect a thread asking "what's wrong with him?"

I really don't wanna sound like a ****, but are yall brand new to Football? Is this the first season you've ever watched before?

I assume the answer is no, so what exactly are you expecting from all these TF's? You think every TF WR is supposed to play like Ahmmon Richards?

Be a **** LCE only way some of these suckas get it. We all know people like the OP.. like to stir the pot punk s h i t if you ask me

Advertisement
I am much less concerned about which true freshman WR is getting more targets and catches. They are both young, super talented and will eat eventually in this offense. Both have huge upside, so not worried in the least.

What does concern me though is why our offense is not capitalizing on opportunities as we should. We left so many points on the field vs. Syracuse. Richt needs to find a better way to get his offense to put points on the board when we force turnovers. 4 INTs should yield a minimum of two TDs and two FGs (20 pts).

And our 3rd down efficiency is a$$. That needs to be improved significantly. We stall out with too many 3 and outs.

Uh, Berrios?

I said "most talented."

I've been waiting for d$ to collect his clout for passing berrios along to golden & crew

Let's just hope Berrios doesn't hold that against him. A new staff heals all wounds.

Advertisement
Back