Jeff Thomas is finally taking off, but Harley...?

filmcane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Not that I'm impatient about it or anything, but in the beginning of the season, Harley was getting reps and JT was hardly seen. Now, it seems to have reversed. Is Harley not picking up on the playbook or something? Anyone know if there's anything to report with Harley being a bit quieter as the season's worn on?

Since we're running 4 and 5 WR sets, I'd love to see those two get on the field and use their speed to create mismatches; especially in the slot.

Advertisement
Harley was dropping balls, while Thomas is balling as of late. You go with who is hot,

Jeff is a better player. Pretty simple. Just because Harley is a local guy and is on the small side too doesn't mean they will progress at the same speed.

Harley is still playing and doing a good job too. But he's not the player Jeff is. Jeff was also injured during fall practice.

Whatever it is hopefully they are pushing each other, every minute of practice or gym time.

Cheeseburger, Lineage 14.1

I’d use a trips set with Richards, Berrios, & Herndon/Langham with Thomas solo on the other side. Best of luck sticking with him 1 on 1. We have so much talent on O. Need to find better ways to get these guys in space. We can be very very good if we do.

Advertisement
Jeff is a better player. Pretty simple. Just because Harley is a local guy and is on the small side too doesn't mean they will progress at the same speed.

Harley is still playing and doing a good job too. But he's not the player Jeff is. Jeff was also injured during fall practice.

Harley started good the first 2 games. Dont know what happened

I’d use a trips set with Richards, Berrios, & Herndon/Langham with Thomas solo on the other side. Best of luck sticking with him 1 on 1. We have so much talent on O. Need to find better ways to get these guys in space. We can be very very good if we do.

Harley is pretty special 1 on 1 also....watch some highlights of him at the US Army AA Game... kid is a great route runner.

That being Said Jeff seems to be a lot quicker in and out of breaks.... I think what makes JT so special is his ability to make cuts without losing speed.

Lol... Our fans throw guys away every week.

If a guy doesn't play like an All-American in every single game we can expect a thread asking "what's wrong with him?"

I really don't wanna sound like a ****, but are yall brand new to Football? Is this the first season you've ever watched before?

I assume the answer is no, so what exactly are you expecting from all these TF's? You think every TF WR is supposed to play like Ahmmon Richards?

Harley was one of the 11 starters on the field on Saturday.

WR depth appears to be:

split end: Richards / Langham / Cager

flanker: Harley / Mullins / Harris

slot: Berrios / Thomas

Advertisement
Don't forget that Rosier missed Jeff a couple of times early in the season which would have went for big plays. He is still learning to judge his speed and trying to develop chemistry. Jeff, even with less snaps early in the season, is/was clearly out preforming Harley.

We got like 8-10 WR's in rotation, plus Herndon & Homer out the backfield, there's only 1 ball.

Richt doesn't run a High-powered Spread Offense that is predicated on getting the ball to multiple weapons.

The targets just aren't there, doesn't mean there's something wrong, it just means it wasn't their week.

JT4 had 2 catches vs Cuse, not 7 on 12 targets, literally just 2. Harley got 1 target.

If Berrios & Langham got hurt, Mullins and the younger guys would get more targets, that's just how it is.

Harley was our best receiver in camp. Practice isn't games, especially for a skinny freshman, but there is a reason he stays in the starting lineup. Elite ability to separate. He twisted his ankle on Saturday after his catch and never went back in.

IMO, our three most talented WRs are Richards, Thomas and Harley (in that order). We will be very tough to defend once we have all three of those guys rolling.

Like someone said earlier, only one football and lots of bodies at the position. He plays a lot of key snaps for us which means he’s doing what he needs to in practice and with the playbook. His plays will come, and they’ll most likely be big ones.

Advertisement
It's about matchups, finding the open guy, and just winning games. Stop worrying about who's getting more snaps or not.

It sucks when fans decide in advance who is a star and then some other kid jumps up and makes them look stupid.

Harley was wide open on a go route early in the game when Herndon got open down the sideline on a busted coverage, he gets open just like Jeff has been. Sometimes the qb sees u sometimes he doesnt.

Advertisement
Harley was our best receiver in camp. Practice isn't games, especially for a skinny freshman, but there is a reason he stays in the starting lineup. Elite ability to separate. He twisted his ankle on Saturday after his catch and never went back in.

IMO, our three most talented WRs are Richards, Thomas and Harley (in that order). We will be very tough to defend once we have all three of those guys rolling.

Uh, Berrios?

There's no way you can tell me at this point and time Berrios isn't better than at least Harley.

Harley certainly has very good potential, but it seems obvious during actual games Richards, Berrios, Langham, and recently Thomas have seperated themselves

With youngsters you have to take the good with the bad. Harley has been up and down as expected as a lightweight true Frosh. His blocking and enthusiasm hasn't diminished though. He was all over JT Money after his TD catch.

I still maintain our Starting lineup should be Richards, Langham, and Berrios. Jeff Thomas should be the 1st off the bench or to sub in when one of those 3 is tired (Langham and Thomas should split PT basically). Mike Harley next up. Mullins and Cager splitting time after those 5. Dayall Harris should basically be getting almost no PT. And Deejay Dallas should get some time at RB and WR.

Hopefully we are blowing out UNC this week so we can get Patchan more reps at TE and Dallas reps at RB (and Shireffs/Nkosi reps at qb). We really need to get those guys some PT so that if we need them in bigger games they have some experience under their belt.

Advertisement
Back