Jeff Thomas Info (from ITU)

Marcelo2988

Junior
After talking to a source at East St. Louis (Ill.) High I flipped my 247Sports Crystal Ball forecast from Illinois to Miami regarding Top247 receiver Jeff Thomas.

No coach is recruiting Thomas harder than Mark Richt, who will host speedy receiver on Jan. 20.

My source reiterated that Thomas wants to play on the national stage for a potential National Championship, and that's why Alabama led much of the process. Thomas has improved off the field which has brought schools like the Hurricanes back into play here.

247Sports was also told Thomas's family will likely move to the area he signs.

Louisville, Tennessee and Oregon are also in play for the Under Armour All-American.

247Sports ranks Thomas as the nation's No. 7 receiver and No. 47 player overall.

Advertisement
Hopefully someone has a well paying job for his family here in South Florida, because you better believe that Tennessee will.

Advertisement
The whole "family moving to where he is" thing means one of two things:

1) His family has a vested interest in the kid's success and they genuinely want to have that support system nearby for him

2) They're angling for a handout

We'll know in 3 weeks which is which...

Interesting that his family will likely move to wherever he goes.

Has to be good for us

Not necessarily.
I don't like the sound of that if true.

When his mom gets off the plane and realizes icicles aren't forming on her t.its in mid January I think it'll be a positive for us......

If she has to pay for that new home on her own or doesn't get a good job that won't be good news for us. When the family says they're moving to the area, to me, that always screams please get me a house and good paying job.

Advertisement

1) His family has a vested interest in the kid's success and they genuinely want to have that support system nearby for him

You don't think that Miami gives handouts anymore?

Well, count out Oregon if the family is relocating . . . distance and culture shock from East St. Louis.

Advertisement
Hopefully someone has a well paying job for his family here in South Florida, because you better believe that Tennessee will.

Miami's never played that.

If that's the deal, and I'm not saying it is, then he's not coming here.

If the family is not looking for handouts from the school, then we stand a good chance. Otherwise adios

Advertisement

Well that explains Alabama being out of the mix since "Bama doesn't cheat"

Miami's never played that.

If that's the deal, and I'm not saying it is, then he's not coming here.

If the family is not looking for handouts from the school, then we stand a good chance. Otherwise adios

Miami has never played that? Can you please explain the 2x we have been hit with sanctions for providing impermissible benefits then? If you really don't think that most if not all schools play that game then idk what to tell you.

You don't think that Miami gives handouts anymore?

From that question, it's obvious you don't know much about the school, it's alumni base, or it's boosters. Other than a steak dinner here or a boat ride there, Miami's never played that big league payout game.

If you don't know that, you don't understand Miami

Advertisement
Back