Jeff Thomas has elite skills

Still think the kid locks down half the field for three years at corner if you put him there. He's one of best corner prospects we've ever signed. Hard not to put him on offense, for sure. And I know I'm in the minority here on this. But I'm not so sure he isn't more valuable as lockdown corner/return guy. His corner tape is as good as I've seen since Patrick Johnson.

Although he would definitely be a good corner, this kid NEEDS to have the football in his hands. Period. And any of that both-ways bullshyt just won't work, as he needs to focus entirely on the playbook and maximizing his potential at wide receiver. Unless Thomas just ends up somehow completely shytting the bed at WR, if this kid is not playing offense I will personally drive to the school and (peacefully) protest until he is.

That's how important it is that Jeff Thomas plays on offense and has the ball in his hands. Not trying to come at you specifically, but that's just how it is man.

Advertisement
Rick is super risk-averse when it comes to possible turnovers with P/KO returns.

If a player ever shows a tendency to be butter fingered or fumble prone in practice, I doubt he ever gets much of a look at return duties. His number one requirement is hold on to the ball above all else.

That's my guess as to his thought process for returns.

Cant blame him. Unless you have a Devin Hester back there, the statistical analysis shows you are better off with a guy making smart decisions back there than a risk taker who may pick up a few extra yards here and there.

Malcom Lewis made one of the dumbest mistakes I've ever seen to open up the UNC game (not letting the KO go out of bounds, catching it at the 2, and falling out of bounds)

Yet he never lost a rep at KO return...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Barring injury or grades I think he starts day 1. Will be the fastest kid on the team unless Taylor plays..

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is a more in depth look at what really happened that day. Wait pause I thought a fight happened? Looks like the shook hands afterwards.
https://youtu.be/opeO-4tqCtw
Ivey was born to be a boundary corner. I wonder if anyone has ever measured his wingspan. Gotta be up there in the 6' 4" range.
Nah he's 6'1
He said "wingspan"

**** that's my mistake i honestly read that wrong. wow smh

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back