Jeff Thomas has elite skills

My concern is if Richt can adjust his limited offense to incorporate unique skilled players like JT and if he'll expand the route tree/options. Otherwise JT will be the proverbial Lambo driven by a grandmother. Also remember Mullins shined at this event last year with a year off. Can't wait to see his impact too.

Truth

Advertisement
I think him and Harley are going to house a combined 5 screens this year. I think it's going to be our young QBs best friend. Whenever they are jittery and missing, dial one up to these guys and let them work. That will settle our guy down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elite hands, speed, acceleration and route running. You pair him with ahmmon richards on the other side ..... smh lookout. Ain't no one going to consistently guard him for a whole game. He was torching everybody in front of him at the under armour game and practices. Elite player [TWEET]838188169086533632[/TWEET]

I love the ending, Brock!

77cane, you down vote me for liking the ending when JT puts on The U hat??? LOL....

I really want to see him returning punts over Berrios. Kid provides the ability to change field position instantly and gives us a threat back there for the first time in nearly a decade.

We're aware, Brock.

There have been like five threads on this topic.

It's a new video he just posted yesterday, chill tf out ****...
This the sh*t that is annoying on this board. People be acting so **** stuck up smh

DJ Jazzy Jeff Thomas is legit. Cant wait to see him line up. You keep porsting as many threads as you want on this young man...carry on

Advertisement
Rick is super risk-averse when it comes to possible turnovers with P/KO returns.

If a player ever shows a tendency to be butter fingered or fumble prone in practice, I doubt he ever gets much of a look at return duties. His number one requirement is hold on to the ball above all else.

That's my guess as to his thought process for returns.

Hard to argue against that thought process. A fumble on a KO return typically means your opponent is already in FG range and not far from the EZ. A momentum changer that could cost you the game.

If you cant hang on to the ball you better be extra special to see the field at all.

Still think the kid locks down half the field for three years at corner if you put him there. He's one of best corner prospects we've ever signed. Hard not to put him on offense, for sure. And I know I'm in the minority here on this. But I'm not so sure he isn't more valuable as lockdown corner/return guy. His corner tape is as good as I've seen since Patrick Johnson.

Rick is super risk-averse when it comes to possible turnovers with P/KO returns.

If a player ever shows a tendency to be butter fingered or fumble prone in practice, I doubt he ever gets much of a look at return duties. His number one requirement is hold on to the ball above all else.

Hard to argue against that thought process. A fumble on a KO return typically means your opponent is already in FG range and not far from the EZ. A momentum changer that could cost you the game.

If you cant hang on to the ball you better be extra special to see the field at all.

Supposedly one of the reasons Gray hasn't seen the field too much is that he has a hard time holding on to the balll in practice. I don't know that to be a fact, I've just seen it in several places.

Advertisement
I hope we get Elijah Moore. Dude was dusting people as good, if not better in the camps recently. It'll be interesting to see if he gets invited to an all-star game.

Thomas will play a lot this year.

how this players game compare to the player that Richt recruited to georgia from American Heritage?

Good job [MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION]... Can't wait for this guy to get in a game. His cuts are just evil.

He used Isiah Mckenzie for returns at UGa.

Thomas will be our KR/PR here next year.

And holding on to the ball is a requirement for literally every coach, Richt isn't some weird outlier or something.

People forget Richt was talking about using Sam Bruce as the return guy before he got injured/dismissed

Advertisement
His ability to cut at full speed is insane. Guy routinely puts DBs on skates while running actual routes and no Sam Bruce Camp Routes.

He used Isiah Mckenzie for returns at UGa.

Thomas will be our KR/PR here next year.

And holding on to the ball is a requirement for literally every coach, Richt isn't some weird outlier or something.

People forget Richt was talking about using Sam Bruce as the return guy before he got injured/dismissed

This. Not sure who else he was going to put back there last year after Bruce got booted. Couldn't risk injury to Elder or Coley.

One of the nastier Corner routes I've seen in the last 10 years. Good luck with your angles, Safeties.

Advertisement
The QB & O-Line are taking 3 L's this year. Next year it's a possible title contender.

I really want to see him returning punts over Berrios. Kid provides the ability to change field position instantly and gives us a threat back there for the first time in nearly a decade.

Berrios will be the punt returner to start the season at least. He did nothing to lose the job in 2016.

Berrios will be the punt returner to start the season at least. He did nothing to lose the job in 2016.

I think Berries was the best of the guys who never fumbled and/or the only expendable option last year. If he's not either of those things this year, you'll see somebody else on PR. And the start of the season is exactly the time to give a new guy a shot. If either of those first 2 games is decided by a single TO we're well fvcked for the year.

Advertisement
Back