Jeff Thomas dismissed from Miami football

View as article
Advertisement
Can't even be mad anymore. After almost 2 decades of this crap, why would we expect anything else. I'll always be a Canes fan, but my days of hanging on to every move by a bunch of 18 year old kids is over. Let'em run the program even further into the ground.

Advertisement
Agreed. You have to be able to manage people. I hate Richt.

I don't hate CMR, but he, and Tommy Brown, are to BLAME for Miami's putrid offense this season! And please don't give me this lame crap about EXECUTION and what not. Because any old major dude would know a head coach puts his offensive players in a place to succeed and all that.

Incorrect...If he has 1000 yards/10 TD and misses practices, meetings, and acts like a little whiny primadonna he'd be out of here too...F**k this little drama queen, and take Pope with ya.

Maybe he dyed his hair and thinks he's OBJ. Gonna be a rude awakening in the League. Someone will give him a chance.

Advertisement
There’s plenty not to like about CMR’s handling of the offense. It’s well documented and the criticism deserved. But, blaming him for dismissing JT4 from the team without knowing all of the facts is incredibly premature and unfair. I guess JT4 is a victim and not the culprit. Don’t pile on because it fits a certain narrative.

We all want a new OC and staff changes. This incident doesnt change that one way or another.

It’s way too early to determine if this incident was mismanaged or simply a case of an immature, young adult learning a valuable life lesson.

No. Fvck that. Jimmy Johnson isn’t kicking JT off the team. Neither is Butch Davis.

U can buy into that “discipline” narrative, but it’s comoletely false. Star players Are treated differently.

What makes you think he hasn't been getting the benefit of the doubt for awhile now? It seems to me at some point the coach has to draw the line

Advertisement
We have to stop acting like we have the moral authority. Florida’s starting running back comitted a felony and Jameis Winston raped a girl. But god forbid our guy doesn’t show up to a team meeting or complains when his quarterback throws 10 feet behind him. (Rosier)
And anyone who doesn’t agree can go eat Kenneth’s prolapsed ****.

He’s a star player. Star players are treated differently. The situation never should’ve gotten this bad so that’s on richt. Any coach that dismisses his best player over silly **** like this, just doesn’t get it.

Richt is a joke.
Not in college, quickest way to lose a team. Saban doesn't treat "stars" like this, no one does actually.

Advertisement
so what example is He setting by letting one of our star players miss practice and talk **** about the team? that is a cancer whatever way you want to spin it, because the recruits and other members can be like he did I can do it to. Not how it works. someone screwed up somewhere with it getting this far but its at the point they had to release him.
Go look up Jimmy Johnson’s answer to the question of how to handle star players. The nutshell: stars can do whatever they want.

Truth is that this situation should’ve been handled long ago. Richt has totally mismanaged his best player.

if they have a high standard for excellence they would bring in an elite offensive coordinator. This team is not for Richt to use as a hobby trying to do something he is clearly trash at.
Someone should make a sign
"High Standard of Excellence"?
Prove it. Give up play calling

Advertisement
Back