Jeff Thomas dehydrated

CMR said he overexerted himself on consecutive plays early on, and the heat caught up to him.
My question is --****, we're in Miami in September. Above all else, we should be some hydrated ******** when we step on that field. More than anyone else.

I get that CMR wanted to save him for future games and he wasn't "needed" in the 2nd half. But ****, dude is trying to build some draft stock and catch some eyes. Turn em loose for a few more series. He could've got an IV in the locker room. I can only imagine the damage that would've been dealt had he and #5 hooked up for a few skinny posts.

It’s amazing that posts like this are real

Advertisement
Sucked that he got that Punt Return TD taken away. That dude that got slightly held had no chance of catching him. He blew by that cat before he even knew he was there.

Possible...but all the recievers run a lot of yards even if the don’t get the ball....right?
I used to do MMA quite a bit and no amount of practice prepares you for the exhaustion of a real fight.. When your adrenaline is going through the roof your body wears down at an unbelievable rate. That's why you see pro fighters gassed after 2-3 minutes when there is a lot of immediate action.

Advertisement
A lot of Olympic lifting and focusing more on 3-5 reps explosively rather than max outs. A lot of single leg work as well. Sleds/prowlers, not sure what else they’re doing since I left

I can see the difference we used to look small against some teams. Now we look like an SEC program.

I used to do MMA quite a bit and no amount of practice prepares you for the exhaustion of a real fight.. When your adrenaline is going through the roof your body wears down at an unbelievable rate. That's why you see pro fighters gassed after 2-3 minutes when there is a lot of immediate action.
I was a wrestler and can attest to this. No matter how much conditioning you do, it's hard to simulate the live action environment. You literally practice and train for hours but are completely gassed to the point of exhaustion after a 6 minute match.

Advertisement
I know there are not a lot of hills in South Florida, but any hill/incline training? (Can utilize the ramps of parking decks, etc)
Nope. Something that I personally like a lot and did back home on my own. I think there’s a hill near tropical park that some guys would go to on their own

Advertisement
My bad fam. Me and Jeff hit up a shady Mexican spot Friday night for enchiladas and tequila. Didn't realize he'd get drunk AND get Montezuma's revenge. I promise we'll stick to light beer next time.

Advertisement
I don’t necessarily agree with all of their philosophies, but the workouts are certainly no joke now. There’s no down time, constantly doing something and being pushed.
What philosophies do you not agree with? Serious, curious question...not trying to pick at you. Thanks.

Makes sense. I’m sure they were overly cautious and rightfully so.
As many have pointed out not need to risk it.

Hill training can get work to the psoas in ways that many of the lifts just won’t.

As for the non-stop nature: Too much conditioning training can affect explosiveness. (Not saying that Felders doing too much or too little because I don’t know what he does, that’s why I asked)

you sound well versed on this stuff, are you a s&c coach by chance?

Advertisement
Back