Jeff Thomas dehydrated

Does it seam weird that Jeff stayed out the rest of the game for dehydration? I get that he ran his legs off at the beginning of the game. Maybe he just needed a break . I don’t see how with a good conditioning program in Miami he couldn’t return . Either Jeff wasn’t ready last week or something was wrong with him like a cold . Maybe they just decided to give Hartly some great game experience

Advertisement
Maybe it was FIU and the coaches didn't want to chance it. Maybe Jeff been out drinking and needed to take the game off.
In any case so long as he's ready to go tomorrow we good.

Does it seam weird that Jeff stayed out the rest of the game for dehydration? I get that he ran his legs off at the beginning of the game. Maybe he just needed a break . I don’t see how with a good conditioning program in Miami he couldn’t return . Either Jeff wasn’t ready last week or something was wrong with him like a cold . Maybe they just decided to give Hartly some great game experience

giphy (3).gif

Advertisement
CMR said he overexerted himself on consecutive plays early on, and the heat caught up to him.
My question is --****, we're in Miami in September. Above all else, we should be some hydrated ******** when we step on that field. More than anyone else.

I get that CMR wanted to save him for future games and he wasn't "needed" in the 2nd half. But ****, dude is trying to build some draft stock and catch some eyes. Turn em loose for a few more series. He could've got an IV in the locker room. I can only imagine the damage that would've been dealt had he and #5 hooked up for a few skinny posts.

Hydration has nothing to do with conditioning. For a Saturday game you start hydrating on Thursday and it takes about that long to prepare your body and get fluids without an IV. He could have got sick during the week and it led to that.

It's obvious he's not lacking in S&C with as much as he's done so far this year.

Strange. But he’s not from south Florida so maybe he underestimated the mid day heat. Although that sounds a little ridiculous

Advertisement
Bruh..do u know what dehydration is?? Has nothing to do with “conditioning” and can be life threatening..coaches did the right thing

From a conditioning standpoint, Felder’s program is night and day beyond what Swasey’s was. I really enjoyed both coaches, but Felder focuses much more on HIIT workouts, more running/conditioning drills during workout sessions, and in practice players have to sprint to hoops on the sidelines after their series.

My guess is obviously not enough water during the week and maybe had a cold. I highly doubt he was just sitting in the team hotel drinking by himself/ with his roommate the night before the game lol

Last edited:
Advertisement
You could be the most conditioned athlete in the world and still suffer from dehydration. However it can be life-threatening for very young children and the elderly.
When it comes up that fast he may have had a stomach virus during the week or had bad diarrhea and just did not replace the loss of fluids in a timely manner.

Maybe JT4 is the best **** player on our team and he was up all night with Pee Wee Allen ****** b-itches and drinking on Nevin's impounded yacht.

If it was a real game they would have given him an IV and he would have been right back in late second quarter.. Richt just let the young guns roll to save him for the Thursday night game that mattered. No big deal

Advertisement
This used to happen to Devin Hester a lot. There’s no conspiracy. He’s like 19. It happens.

You don’t usually see dehydration issues that early in the game I don’t think. If I had to guess he probably had a cold and was dehydrated already.

It was a mid afternoon game. If you something like a cold it can hit you in a blink..we’ve seen a athlete like Lebron games cause of cramps. So conditioning has nothing to do with it.

You don’t usually see dehydration issues that early in the game I don’t think. If I had to guess he probably had a cold and was dehydrated already.
how many players run for over 200 all purpose yards in a half quarter of play? If you take away the lame penalties he was killing it

Advertisement
Back