Jeff Thomas deep

I now understand why Richt didnt let Jarren play. Jarren could not run Richts four vertical offense because you have to throw deep. All makes sense now.
If you read that article I posted, Ritch explained in detail why Williams didn’t play. He said he was a good QB and was very accurate with his middle and intermediate throws. But said he did not see the field well and consistently went to the wrong read.

He is extremely slow with pulling the trigger also

Advertisement
“...The decision making,’’ Diaz said. “We saw it early on, taking a lot of the easy completions. I think we’ve tried working on getting the eyes down the field on some of the bigger throws.

Kid needs to make the catches thrown to him in key situations to earn back his Q's confidence.

We're a quarter of the way through the season and Jarren has managed to find five other receivers who have caught 8 TDs between them, he hasn't scored yet.

Seven recievers have longer catches than he does, and an 8th has the same (19yds) this season.

Big Time players show up in Big Time situations.
He has caught 2 or 3 big 3rd down passes this year. And if jarren would look downfield sometimes thomas would have about 5tds by now. And he also draws more attention than the other wrs.

The db was right there, I don’t see how people don’t see that lol, when Thomas May have been open, Jarren was still rolling out and didn’t have his feet and hips in line ready to make that throw. Also it looked like he hesitated a bit after completing the rollout to process things a little
This is my concern with JW. He hesitates/lacks anticipation and takes too long to process the play. I still have hopes but am very concerned.

This isn’t true, I was at the game and sit in that corner, the safety although was late he read the route and committed to Thomas which is why Williams threw it to Mallory. If Thomas would’ve ran the route at full speed the. The safety had no chance and Williams could’ve thrown it for a TD. Thomas doesn’t run his routes full go so I could imagine it’s hard to trust him.

That's usually because the WR doesn't trust the QB to deliver on time or he feels the ball will be underthrown....
..therefore he is waiting on the delivery to make the adjustment in speed and point of catch..

Advertisement
I’m convinced some here don’t even really watch the games or are just really drunk during it. JT4 is not dynamic play maker with the ball in his hands. I will give him his credit for getting open down field and yes, Jarren has missed a few and underthrew him in the end zone. However, JT4 doesn’t not make people miss, easily gets tripped up, and breaks no tackles. He’s not someone who is going to house a end around, bubble screen, etc
How can a wr be dynamic with the ball in his hands in this offense? He already draws the most attention of all the wrs and then the spacing is non existent. Constantly in 12 personal and i formation looks. And he was plenty dynamic enough with the ball in his hands when he ran that punt back vs vt. And lol at not making people miss. I can show you highlights of him doing that.

Last edited:
That's usually because the WR doesn't trust the QB to deliver on time or he feels the ball will be underthrown....
..therefore he is waiting on the delivery to make the adjustment in speed and point of catch..
Maybe, but I think you’re giving Thomas too much credit here.

This is what concerns me. Miami has been down right lethal on post snap RPOs (all in breaking or vertical seam variety) this central Michigan defender is in a prime position to take away the qb's read AND be a free hitter and engage vs the run game. Miami will see this again. I promise you this.

Brad Kaaya would have ate that up. Ala slant to Stacey Coley vs. UVA where he read the safety coming down in box and hit him in stride for the TD.

@Roman Marciante

Do you believe Enos is holding back until ACC play truly starts?

Also, why is our 3rd down defense so bad, ie neutering our DL pass rush and the unnecessary safety blitzes?

Advertisement
This is my concern with JW. He hesitates/lacks anticipation and takes too long to process the play. I still have hopes but am very concerned.
Thus the no interceptions up to this point which is good. He will get better over time but there are too many freshman at important positions on offense for things to go smoothly.

@Roman Marciante

Do you believe Enos is holding back until ACC play truly starts?

Also, why is our 3rd down defense so bad, ie neutering our DL pass rush and the unnecessary safety blitzes?

I don't know if enos is holding back. Maybe some different looks sure. But the ineffectiveness of full back plays and the inability to run the ball this week (statistically documented) will need to be addressed moving forward.

Still hasn't run a ton of empty looks after the successful first play of the year... which is surprising me

I don't know if enos is holding back. Maybe some different looks sure. But the ineffectiveness of full back plays and the inability to run the ball this week (statistically documented) will need to be addressed moving forward.

Still hasn't run a ton of empty looks after the successful first play of the year... which is surprising me
That scripted first drive vs UF was an absolute thing of beauty. I can't for the life of me figure out why we haven't attacked the same a single drive since.

He has caught 2 or 3 big 3rd down passes this year. And if jarren would look downfield sometimes thomas would have about 5tds by now. And he also draws more attention than the other wrs.

Yeah sure he would, last year it was Rosier's fault, now its Williams. "5tds by now" - please. FACT: Dropped the most important pass to him of the season, again Big Time Players...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back