Jeff Scott to USF

Lol success at SMU. Do people just talk out of their ***. He was 14-22 at SMU. He better start looking for OC jobs.

Don’t be a fool.

That program was in shambles.

He took it from 2-10 his first year to 7-5 his last.

He was universally lauded for the job he did there, and it’s why he got the Arkansas job.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There's no way the staff doesn't realize the fans think they suck. They can't be so oblivious to how pathetic a 6-6 record is that they don't feel threatened by other schools getting new coaches.

We have no choice but to suffer another year of Manny, the least he can do is put in the effort to succeed. I don't want to have our asses handed to us by a bunch of first year coaches.

I think you give the staff way too much credit. Seems like they're as tone deaf as the last 4 regimes.

Saying one coach is better than another is sucking off?

Jeff Scott has never been a HC so yes....fluffing his balls...sucking him off....whatever you want to call it. He hasnt proved **** but that wont stop you will it.

I think you give the staff way too much credit. Seems like they're as tone deaf as the last 4 regimes.
Even if they ignore the fans, the press is saying the same thing. There's no way they don't know.

You’d have to be retarded to hire Choad Morris as a HC after how spectacularly he flamed out at Arkansas.

I’m surprised it took so long for Clemson’s staff to get raided. Either Venables has made it clear he’s not interested in being a HC, or he’s holding out for a top 5 job. I’d expect Tony Elliot to get a HC gig soon too.
Venerables is waiting on Saban to retire. When that happens, Dabo will go to Alabama and venerables will take over at Clemson

Advertisement
Since when did USF hire Scott BTW? None of the Tampa news outlets or ESPN has him being hired. Looks like the times thinks they're close, but that's it.

Source tells FootballScoop with Jeff Scott heading to South Florida, Dabo is expected to promote offensive analyst Tyler Grisham to receivers coach. Grisham played receiver at Clemson and in the league before returning to Clemson to join Swinney’s staff several seasons ago.

Note: EJ Williams,4* WR committed to Clemson is the one who is apparently thinking about his Clemson commitment now that Scott is gone. Not for sure he will leave but there is some chatter there now....

As a current USF student and cane fan for life, I just hope USF can s*** on UCF for the foreseeable future

Advertisement
Then go the **** away and stop supporting the program
Austin, thats the direction this meets is headed fan base is getting to over being angry and apathy is replacing
anger which candidly is far worse....... when you AD starts referring to your players as student athletes you know you are official in deep do -do......

Advertisement
Every Florida School has a better HC than Miami smh.

As if our fan base would even consider Jeff Scott a good hire, with his weak-*** resume.

Dude was Clemson's wide receivers coach from 2008 to 2014 before he was promoted to a co-offensive coordinator role with Tony Elliott.

Prior to his time at Clemson, Scott did one year as the wide receivers coach at Presbyterian—and a year at Blythewood High School before that.

Dude co-took over Clemson's offense in 2015—in what was Dabo Swinney's SEVENTH SEASON, where fans wanted to run Swinney off for years (starting with that 70-33 Orange Bowl loss to West Virginia in year three.)

Swinney himself was also no "home run hire"; a holdover from Tommy Bowden's staff, taking over in 2008 in an interim role before getting the gig in 2009.

I'd love to see this know-it-all fan base if Miami promoted a guy to head coach that had been nothing more than a wide receivers coach for six seasons—not even an offensive coordinator. Prior to Clemson, five years coaching Alabama's wide outs and tight ends—after a two-year GA stint post-graduation. Swinney was a virtual nobody when he got the Tigers' gig. Now he's the highest-paid coach in the game, having won two titles in three seasons.

While we're at it, Elliott's resume was equally as blank; four years as Clemson's running backs coach before getting promoted to co-OC with Scott. Before that, three years coaching Furman's wide receivers and before that two years in the same role at South Carolina State.

The entire Clemson staff was full of nobodies, but they eventually started winning games—after years of losing—because of superior talent that made the coaching staff look good.

Advertisement
As if our fan base would even consider Jeff Scott a good hire, with his weak-*** resume.

Dude was Clemson's wide receivers coach from 2008 to 2014 before he was promoted to a co-offensive coordinator role with Tony Elliott.

Prior to his time at Clemson, Scott did one year as the wide receivers coach at Presbyterian—and a year at Blythewood High School before that.

Dude co-took over Clemson's offense in 2015—in what was Dabo Swinney's SEVENTH SEASON, where fans wanted to run Swinney off for years (starting with that 70-33 Orange Bowl loss to West Virginia in year three.)

Swinney himself was also no "home run hire"; a holdover from Tommy Bowden's staff, taking over in 2008 in an interim role before getting the gig in 2009.

I'd love to see this know-it-all fan base if Miami promoted a guy to head coach that had been nothing more than a wide receivers coach for six seasons—not even an offensive coordinator. Prior to Clemson, five years coaching Alabama's wide outs and tight ends—after a two-year GA stint post-graduation. Swinney was a virtual nobody when he got the Tigers' gig. Now he's the highest-paid coach in the game, having won two titles in three seasons.

While we're at it, Elliott's resume was equally as blank; four years as Clemson's running backs coach before getting promoted to co-OC with Scott. Before that, three years coaching Furman's wide receivers and before that two years in the same role at South Carolina State.

The entire Clemson staff was full of nobodies, but they eventually started winning games—after years of losing—because of superior talent that made the coaching staff look good.
God forbid some rationale around here..... Great post!

Advertisement
Back