Jeff Scott to USF

Advertisement
Co-sign Franchise, surprised it took so long for a Clemson coach to leave. Venables especially is weird.

You’d have to be retarded to hire Choad Morris as a HC after how spectacularly he flamed out at Arkansas.

I’m surprised it took so long for Clemson’s staff to get raided. Either Venables has made it clear he’s not interested in being a HC, or he’s holding out for a top 5 job. I’d expect Tony Elliot to get a HC gig soon too.

Article not too far back on Aranda* and Venables...

Premise is this: make great $$, no HC pressure, you are essentially autonomous

Good gig if you can get it.

PS...I mistakenly referenced Canada (former LSU staff) when I meant Aranda...I come before you all a remorseful and broken man over my egregious error...please mock me accordingly

Last edited:
Every Florida School has a better HC than Miami smh.
Sad part is it's not even close. Also none of these coaches are Big Time names. We could have hired any of them except Scott. Probably wouldn't have wanted to go up against his old boss. Will dust of USF then parlay that into a bigger job.

Advertisement
Article not too far back on Canada and Venables...

Premise is this: make great $$, no HC pressure, you are essentially autonomous

Good gig if you can get it.
Has Venables ever said he doesn’t want to be a HC? Seems like he’s drifting into career DC territory. Maybe he’s just not a lead dog and knows it.

Advertisement
You’d have to be retarded to hire Choad Morris as a HC after how spectacularly he flamed out at Arkansas.

I’m surprised it took so long for Clemson’s staff to get raided. Either Venables has made it clear he’s not interested in being a HC, or he’s holding out for a top 5 job. I’d expect Tony Elliot to get a HC gig soon too.
If Dabo also loses Elliot, it will be interesting to see how he adjusts. Dabo hasn’t faced much adversity in years.

There's no way the staff doesn't realize the fans think they suck. They can't be so oblivious to how pathetic a 6-6 record is that they don't feel threatened by other schools getting new coaches.

We have no choice but to suffer another year of Manny, the least he can do is put in the effort to succeed. I don't want to have our asses handed to us by a bunch of first year coaches.

Has Venables ever said he doesn’t want to be a HC? Seems like he’s drifting into career DC territory. Maybe he’s just not a lead dog and knows it.

I think he has taken the Bud Foster route..."quiet stoicism"...

I'll try and dig the article out--Aranda* basically implies, "why be a HC, when I'm big rollin at $X million per year?"

Aranda* is even protected/prohibited by contract from certain media engagements as well...

PS....I fat fingered Canada previously...yes...I should be censured and mocked...rightfully so

Last edited:
If Dabo also loses Elliot, it will be interesting to see how he adjusts. Dabo hasn’t faced much adversity in years.
They’ll promote Brandon Streeter. He was who I wanted as OC before Penos. Clemson will be fine unfortunately.

Advertisement
Could be a Mickey Andrews situation with Venables. Making 2 plus million a year and not have to be the main guy isn’t a bad deal. He’d make more as HC but he could get canned after year 2 or 3 then what. He get another gig for sure but will it be at 2.5 million plus? Anyhow, he’s in a good spot...

We were rumored to get this guy and a poster on here who called the Enos hire before anyone in the media even mentioned Enos's name said it was between Scott and Enos for the OC position.

Wonder if Manny offered him the job but he declined to instead wait for a HC opportunity. Really wanted him last year, would suck if he was smart enough to wait it out at Clemson.

for someone that doesn't have the coaching staffs of all 120 something d1 teams memorized, who is jeff scott?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back