MEGA (Jedd has some feelings)

The fact that our fanbase thinks that Frenk is making any decisions in regards to athletics is hilarious and shows that we have a lot of mouth breathers roaming about. The Herbstreit thing embarrassed the money people and THEY decided to do something*. Something they should have done YEARS ago. Frenk isn’t involved outside of being at the press conference.

In regards to his actual job, he’s mediocre at best. He isn’t bringing in talented faculty, and we are losing quality researchers. He isn’t a fundraising dynamo and although the AAU designation is a huge deal, that was something years if not decades in the making, most of the work was done by his two immediate predecessors. There’s a reason why faculty and the CG community have such a low opinion of him, it’s because he’s an absentee leader that has a very off putting personality.

We should have hired better, but I think people just wanted someone that “Looked” the part and would do what he was told and here we are. Someone like Admiral Stavridis would have been a better fit, and been more of a forward thinking hire.

*One could argue that the money people had already soured on Manny and Blake and were preparing the ground for firings, BEFORE Herbie started talking. The first sign of a failing organization is widespread leaking, and strategic leaking is extremely useful in that regard. Miami wasn't winning on the field, recruiting was trash, it was obvious that things were getting toxic around the athletic department, and then Herbie does his "Expose", where it is OBVIOUS that he was getting high level intel.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The fact that our fanbase thinks that Frenk is making any decisions in regards to athletics is hilarious and shows that we have a lot of mouth breathers roaming about. The Herbstreit thing embarrassed the money people and THEY decided to do something*. Something they should have done YEARS ago. Frenk isn’t involved outside of being at the press conference.

In regards to his actual job, he’s mediocre at best. He isn’t bringing in talented faculty, and we are losing quality researchers. He isn’t a fundraising dynamo and although the AAU designation is a huge deal, that was something years if not decades in the making, most of the work was done by his two immediate predecessors. There’s a reason why faculty and the CG community have such a low opinion of him, it’s because he’s an absentee leader that has a very off putting personality.

We should have hired better, but I think people just wanted someone that “Looked” the part and would do what he was told and here we are. Someone like Admiral Stavridis would have been a better fit, and been more of a forward thinking hire.

*One could argue that the money people had already soured on Manny and Blake and were preparing the ground for firings, BEFORE Herbie started talking. The first sign of a failing organization is widespread leaking, and strategic leaking is extremely useful in that regard. Miami wasn't winning on the field, recruiting was trash, it was obvious that things were getting toxic around the athletic department, and then Herbie does his "Expose", where it is OBVIOUS that he was getting high level intel.
Lots up for debate here but your first sentence is completely incorrect. That’s not coming from a “mouth breather” but instead someone with direct knowledge of what occurred from Richt’s exit to where we are now.

You're all over the board on this topic. Not saying you're wrong as some of your points are valid. However it seems like you're mixing in those valid points to knock off the Herbie love. Where the info came from, who's all involved in athletics and to what degree is nice, but it does not change the most critical point of this discussion - NOTHING happened until that Herbie monologue calling out the administration that was/is led by Frenk. That was the exact moment on the time line when change began.

You're all over the board on this topic. Not saying you're wrong as some of your points are valid. However it seems like you're mixing in those valid points to knock off the Herbie love. Where the info came from, who's all involved in athletics and to what degree is nice, but it does not change the most critical point of this discussion - NOTHING happened until that Herbie monologue calling out the administration that was/is led by Frenk. That was the exact moment on the time line when change began.
You really think that successful, intelligent people waited until Herbie put them on blast before they started thinking beyond Manny? From how Blake handled the hire in the first place, it’s obvious that the hire was foisted on some donors and Manny never had the political capital that a qualified coach would have had.

It’s now obvious that there was backchannel communication between Mario and the money people early in that season, and even then the big hold up became Mario wanting the season to end before he resigned from UO.

Our fanbase has this weird habit of pointing to one event and drawing all kinds of conclusions from it, ignoring everything else. I’ve spent enough time in large organizations to know that when leaks start happening, firings and change is about to come with it. The first sign of organizational dysfunction is when people start flapping their gums to the press. Herbie was smart enough to take advantage of that and build a great story around it but things were already in the wind before then. Frankly, the MSU loss was it for Manny, the UNC loss was the icing.

You really think that successful, intelligent people waited until Herbie put them on blast before they started thinking beyond Manny? From how Blake handled the hire in the first place, it’s obvious that the hire was foisted on some donors and Manny never had the political capital that a qualified coach would have had.

It’s now obvious that there was backchannel communication between Mario and the money people early in that season, and even then the big hold up became Mario wanting the season to end before he resigned from UO.

Our fanbase has this weird habit of pointing to one event and drawing all kinds of conclusions from it, ignoring everything else. I’ve spent enough time in large organizations to know that when leaks start happening, firings and change is about to come with it. The first sign of organizational dysfunction is when people start flapping their gums to the press. Herbie was smart enough to take advantage of that and build a great story around it but things were already in the wind before then. Frankly, the MSU loss was it for Manny, the UNC loss was the icing.
No I don't think the Herbie blast marked the beginning of thought for the Board. As I mentioned previously, you have some good points. However, your sensitivity to this subject makes me think that you've had several battles with folks over it. My comments are that the public perception and messaging did not change even one bit until that GameDay. The Herbstreit speech is the exact point on the time line when the messaging from Frenk nad the University changed. Prior to that day, Frenk showed a laissez-faire approach to the entirety of athletics - by his own admission. Herbstreit put us on blast publicly that day and forced Frenk to say or do something. Whether or not Vilma or someone else on the mothership fed that info to Herbstreit, I'll never know, nor do I care. Did Frenk and/or the board have a plan prior to that? I don't know and again don't care all that much. Maybe, maybe not. Let's assume that what you're saying is correct and they had a plan all along. Great. Nothing was known publicly until after the Herbstreit rant.....which was also after the MSU game that you mentioned.

I don't care enough about this topic to continue on replying. If you need to be right that badly, great, you're right.

Advertisement
does anyone know who does the graphics for the wallpapers offered on miami hurricanes.com?

theyre extremely low quality.

No I don't think the Herbie blast marked the beginning of thought for the Board. As I mentioned previously, you have some good points. However, your sensitivity to this subject makes me think that you've had several battles with folks over it. My comments are that the public perception and messaging did not change even one bit until that GameDay. The Herbstreit speech is the exact point on the time line when the messaging from Frenk nad the University changed. Prior to that day, Frenk showed a laissez-faire approach to the entirety of athletics - by his own admission. Herbstreit put us on blast publicly that day and forced Frenk to say or do something. Whether or not Vilma or someone else on the mothership fed that info to Herbstreit, I'll never know, nor do I care. Did Frenk and/or the board have a plan prior to that? I don't know and again don't care all that much. Maybe, maybe not. Let's assume that what you're saying is correct and they had a plan all along. Great. Nothing was known publicly until after the Herbstreit rant.....which was also after the MSU game that you mentioned.

I don't care enough about this topic to continue on replying. If you need to be right that badly, great, you're right.
tbh, I dont think Frenk cares at all about sports. I think the board probably put the feelers out to get rid of Manny and Blake and promised the funds to bring over Mario and Rad.

How about you and The Eye and Bigdaddywhatever (the guy with Herbstreit in his avatar photo) stop it with your Herbstreit/Frenk nonsense.

I'm not going to "give thanks" for the fact that some Buckeye said some words on TV that were written by Jon Vilma. Yes, those words had impact, but they would never have been said without Jon Vilma's input. Herbstreit didn't have enough independent knowledge about UM to formulate his rant. Those are just facts.

As for Frenk, no matter if he authorizes the swinging of the axe, he didn't know what was going on for years. It was a coordinated multi-frontal assault by certain boosters and Trustees that made an impact, and yes there was an added benefit to having a NON-Hurricane say embarrassing things on national television. Just take note of the fact that Frenk had to appoint two people to actually gather the facts for him, and that should tell you everything you need to know about Frenk's worthlessness.

Manny was not going to survive the 2021 season. It's debatable whether Beta Blake would have. And if Beta Blake had stayed, it's doubtful we would have gotten Mario.

So I'm glad that things worked out. But I'm not going to commemorate the occasion by lighting a candle for Kirk Herbstreit or Julio Frenk.

Advertisement
How about you and The Eye and Bigdaddywhatever (the guy with Herbstreit in his avatar photo) stop it with your Herbstreit/Frenk nonsense.

I'm not going to "give thanks" for the fact that some Buckeye said some words on TV that were written by Jon Vilma. Yes, those words had impact, but they would never have been said without Jon Vilma's input. Herbstreit didn't have enough independent knowledge about UM to formulate his rant. Those are just facts.

As for Frenk, no matter if he authorizes the swinging of the axe, he didn't know what was going on for years. It was a coordinated multi-frontal assault by certain boosters and Trustees that made an impact, and yes there was an added benefit to having a NON-Hurricane say embarrassing things on national television. Just take note of the fact that Frenk had to appoint two people to actually gather the facts for him, and that should tell you everything you need to know about Frenk's worthlessness.

Manny was not going to survive the 2021 season. It's debatable whether Beta Blake would have. And if Beta Blake had stayed, it's doubtful we would have gotten Mario.

So I'm glad that things worked out. But I'm not going to commemorate the occasion by lighting a candle for Kirk Herbstreit or Julio Frenk.
No one asked to commemorate anything. Go get laid bro - you're too **** salty.

Nah, I'm just tired of part-time Miami fans like you three propping up a Buckeye and a limp-**** president as the saviors of our program.
Did you even go to college? Like even a CC for a semester? You inserted so much make-believe nonsense into your comments that clearly demonstrates you are not capable of separating different ideas from each other. Saying that Herb's speech marked the public time line is a far cry from propping him up as a savior of the program. I have ex-grilfriends that create more rational thoughts than that.
Have a nice day.

Did you even go to college? Like even a CC for a semester? You inserted so much make-believe nonsense into your comments that clearly demonstrates you are not capable of separating different ideas from each other. Saying that Herb's speech marked the public time line is a far cry from propping him up as a savior of the program. I have ex-grilfriends that create more rational thoughts than that.
Have a nice day.

Hilarious. This coming from a guy who named himself "BigDikDaddy".

I'll call the Alumni Office and ask them if I graduated from Miami three times.

Advertisement
Hilarious. This coming from a guy who named himself "BigDikDaddy".

I'll call the Alumni Office and ask them if I graduated from Miami three times.
"Awesome" was already taken.
When you call, ask them if you can teach a class on Negativism covered in Narcissism. You're qualified for graduate level. Here's the number: 305-284-2872
I am an actual alumnus, which means I have a job and I don't have time for this - Go argue with someone else. Bye....

🤔

Before Frenk we rarely hired a head football coach with HC experience. Under him he hired two with Power 5 experience and multiple conference titles. Before Frenk we hired AD’s with no experience. Under Frenk we stole the AD from the top program in our conference.

Unless you guys can do better, maybe STFU.

Please kindly map out the route to success beyond “just win” because it sure doesn’t work that way in the real world.

Yea, we're on the right track in terms of what people on this site care about; so I'm not sure why this is a thing again. Why is this a thing again?
He's been a lame duck for a long time now and my understanding is it's a matter of when, not if.

"Awesome" was already taken.
When you call, ask them if you can teach a class on Negativism covered in Narcissism. You're qualified for graduate level. Here's the number: 305-284-2872
I am an actual alumnus, which means I have a job and I don't have time for this - Go argue with someone else. Bye....

And you've wasted 1/3 of all your posts ever...in this thread...

Yeah, you're so busy at your job, but I'm still waiting for you to give me my Big Mac and fries.

An "actual alumnus"...I must be a pretend alumnus, then. With no job.

"BigDikDaddy"...and your other choice was "Awesome"...hilarious...I appreciate you making me laugh today...YOU accusing someone else of "narcissism"? Priceless...

Advertisement
Lots up for debate here but your first sentence is completely incorrect. That’s not coming from a “mouth breather” but instead someone with direct knowledge of what occurred from Richt’s exit to where we are now.

Argue Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

If you lose your mind about recruiting before July then you really need to not follow recruiting and maybe re-evaluate some life choices but…. seeing so many on here lose there minds into early-mid July over recruiting was amusing for my own entertainment. It’s still sad/pathetic to see how weak men are becoming mentally
I Guess If You Say So GIF

Thank you. Herbstreit offers very few original thoughts. He's an ***-kisser, schmoozer who plays up to coaches and fan bases. He's master of the mundane and Capt. Obvious. So, would imagine he pulled from Vilma and message board rants, and gauging the winds before stepping out.

Advertisement
Back