MEGA (Jedd has some feelings)

Advertisement
He still looks like a Funeral Home Director
i'm dead smh GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Didn't you hear, everyone just jumped back on the wagon...

No because I’m not bipolar. I don’t get too high, nor do I get too low.

Only two things I’m looking at, how we perform during the regular season in terms of W/L, and where we stand with recruiting in December 2023+February 2024.

I’ll leave the menstruating to others. In the meantime, I’ll keep going to the games and supporting my alma mater. Just like you.

Politics
I’ve met him, he is super frail. I can’t imagine he stays in a high stress job much longer
Have you seen President Biden or Senator Fetterman? We got guys in this country who won’t work and then we have guys in this country that won’t stop working.

Ai takeover soon

Advertisement
Didn't you hear, everyone just jumped back on the wagon...
If you lose your mind about recruiting before July then you really need to not follow recruiting and maybe re-evaluate some life choices but…. seeing so many on here lose there minds into early-mid July over recruiting was amusing for my own entertainment. It’s still sad/pathetic to see how weak men are becoming mentally

If you lose your mind about recruiting before July then you really need to not follow recruiting and maybe re-evaluate some life choices but…. seeing so many on here lose there minds into early-mid July over recruiting was amusing for my own entertainment. It’s still sad/pathetic to see how weak men are becoming mentally

It is...strange to behold, that's for sure.

Look, I have feelings about our team and our recruiting too. Anyone who has sat next to me during a game knows that I can get pretty salty.

But I don't feel compelled to ***** and moan and express every negative feeling I ever have on an internet board.

Following recruiting is like riding a rollercoaster. And one needs to have the stomach for it.

Frenk was on board with the Shalala-Way prior to getting called out by Herbstreit. Your take is accurate about Frenk AFTER those commnets were made, but BEFORE? Nope.
Our fanbase should really be thankful for Herby because if he doesn’t rip the school administration’s approach to athletics on National TV back in 2021, Blake James would still be here. No doubt about it.

Advertisement
I don’t know how people follow recruiting period. I’m in no way downplaying its importance but people getting all jacked up about verbal commitments months before signing day doesn’t make much sense to me. Kids aged 16-18 change their mind, a lot. What’s cool one day is lame next week. Verbal commitments from legal children should be taken with a mouthful of salt. They have months and an entire season de-commit/commit elsewhere.

Then there’s the whole star system on these recruiting websites. Not saying these aren’t good tools to rank athletes and classes, but they’re certainly not absolute. Colbie Young was a 0 star recruit out of high school and he’s arguably the best WR on the team right now. We’ve had so many 4 star WR’s over the years who have been total duds, here and elsewhere. I care more about coaches who can better evaluate players than guys just chasing stars on Rivals.com.

End rant. Sorry for getting off topic.

Not true.
Frenk and the higher ups seemed perfectly fine with mediocrity until Herby said what he said. After getting embarrassed by FIU 2 years prior, Blake James shrugged it off by saying “Well, we’re not going to win them all”. This was the attitude towards the football program and it was accepted by the folks in charge. If it wasn’t, Blake and others wouldn’t have lasted 2 full years before getting the boot. Herby’s comments definitely lit a fire under someone’s ***. The University hadn’t been committed to fielding competitive sports teams 20 years prior.

Frenk and the higher ups seemed perfectly fine with mediocrity until Herby said what he said. After getting embarrassed by FIU 2 years prior, Blake James shrugged it off by saying “Well, we’re not going to win them all”. This was the attitude towards the football program and it was accepted by the folks in charge. If it wasn’t, Blake and others wouldn’t have lasted 2 full years before getting the boot. Herby’s comments definitely lit a fire under someone’s ***. The University hadn’t been committed to fielding competitive sports teams 20 years prior.

Not really, though.

Advertisement
Wow, must be dog days of summer if resorting to attacks on the university president. Frenk seems rather harmless. Main thing is he stays out of the way & doesn’t micro manage.

Oh god, here we go again.

Vilma gave Herbstreit everything he said.
Herby is one of the few people in the media who speaks positively about our program. Oddly seems to care about Miami despite having little/no affiliation with us. The majority of media pundits and commentators will try trashing us any chance they get. I have a lot of respect for Herby for not being one of those people.

Last edited:
Not true.
“The segment prompted Frenk to release a long statement five days later regarding UM athletics, and to appoint two trusted members of his leadership team — chief of staff Rudy Fernandez and senior advisor Joe Echevarria — “to augment my own direct engagement with the athletics director by facilitating seamless alignment between the Board of Trustees, my entire administration, and the athletics department.’’

There’s another Barry Jackson article that digs deeper into how Frenk and others reacted to Herby’s comments, but I can’t find it at the moment. His comment’s definitely had an impact.

Advertisement
“The segment prompted Frenk to release a long statement five days later regarding UM athletics, and to appoint two trusted members of his leadership team — chief of staff Rudy Fernandez and senior advisor Joe Echevarria — “to augment my own direct engagement with the athletics director by facilitating seamless alignment between the Board of Trustees, my entire administration, and the athletics department.’’

There’s another Barry Jackson article that digs deeper into how Frenk and others reacted to Herby’s comments, but I can’t find it at the moment. His comment’s definitely had an impact.

Oh lord, thanks for the articles...

Look, the issue that people have is you saying we should be "thankful" to Herbstreit (and potentially give him a reacharound).

Nobody disputes that words came out of Herbstreit's mouth. But all those words were provided by Jon Vilma. THAT is a fact that Barry Jacks-off didn't include in his article.

Oh lord, thanks for the articles...

Look, the issue that people have is you saying we should be "thankful" to Herbstreit (and potentially give him a reacharound).

Nobody disputes that words came out of Herbstreit's mouth. But all those words were provided by Jon Vilma. THAT is a fact that Barry Jacks-off didn't include in his article.
I’m sure Vilma and several other former players, along with us fans have been echoing what Herby said years prior. It’s quite easy to dismiss disgruntled former players, fans, and alumni because our frustrations come with a motive. But when you have a highly respected media personality speaking from an unbiased point of view on National TV, it just hits different. People are more likely to believe what they’re hearing. The administrative incompetence and neglect at UM became known to everyone watching. Definitely embarrassing enough for Frenk and others to act, which is what us fans have been craving for years.

I’m sure Vilma and several other former players, along with us fans have been echoing what Herby said years prior. It’s quite easy to dismiss disgruntled former players, fans, and alumni because our frustrations come with a motive. But when you have a highly respected media personality speaking from an unbiased point of view on National TV, it just hits different. People are more likely to believe what they’re hearing. The administrative incompetence and neglect at UM became known to everyone watching. Definitely embarrassing enough for Frenk and others to act, which is what us fans have been craving for years.
Yes exactly. The message was delivered to a national TV audience and likely seen by hundreds of thousands (millions?) of people and resulted in follow up commentary across multiple media outlets. This is why it was impactful, and “The segment prompted Frenk…” to act.

The content of the message may have come from others in private messages and discussions, but those didn’t move the needle until Herbstreit used his platform to broadcast it.

Advertisement
Back