JCs Dad again

adoree is playin WR at UF. They are done for DBs except holding on to jc

See that is how you recover after losing players like Lane and Cook, replace them with similar talent....

Adoree is USC bound

we will know today. He is supposed to decide who gets his last visit today and if it is USC then he will end up there.

but he loves UF's track program and track is pretty big deal to him, so UF is right in it. He isn't a cali kid, his family lives in Illinois.

Advertisement
I'm entitled for thinking his mother embarrassed herself after throwing a tantrum & walking out of his signing day party without signing his NLI? What the heck did she go for? He had already announced for Arkansas. It is his life/choice.. She tried making it about her.

Under most circumstances I'd agree, but not in this one. Based on the oddness of the situation she had every reason to question whether her son was being coerced into doing something he didn't want to do by his coach. Given that the mother, brother, and Alex's best friends in school and on the team all made comments about how they thought Alex was going to UM based on what he himself told them, it was shocking and odd that he suddenly picked Arkansas. So the mother decided not to sign without knowing what really happened. She may have been a bit dramatic in how she did it, but not signing was understandable given the situation.

Fair enough. I'm not trying to take up for AC here.. I just think at the end of the day it is his decision. I don't understand why she went to the ceremony & made a scene if she had no intention of signing it. It's not like she found out at that moment.. He had announced it on live TV a few days prior. Keep that stuff in-house ma'am.

Advertisement
he didn't need to embarrass his mother in public.

His mother embarrassed herself.

No. He embarrassed her. Your response reflects so typically the kind of entitled attitude that so many young people have today-they're self-centered and think they know everything. The younger generations have never really had it hard, never had to worry about being drafted to go to Viet Nam, and never worried (like the WWII) generation, where they were going to get their next meal. So many of the WWII draftees came in gaunt and undernourished because good and plentiful food was not a given.

I thought the way Collins treated his mother--based on what I read--was horrible.

I'm entitled for thinking his mother embarrassed herself after throwing a tantrum & walking out of his signing day party without signing his NLI? What the heck did she go for? He had already announced for Arkansas. It is his life/choice.. She tried making it about her.

Under most circumstances I'd agree, but not in this one. Based on the oddness of the situation she had every reason to question whether her son was being coerced into doing something he didn't want to do by his coach. Given that the mother, brother, and Alex's best friends in school and on the team all made comments about how they thought Alex was going to UM based on what he himself told them, it was shocking and odd that he suddenly picked Arkansas. So the mother decided not to sign without knowing what really happened. She may have been a bit dramatic in how she did it, but not signing was understandable given the situation.

He had people pushing him away from UM who were closer to him than was his mother. Based on the way he stuck with his decision to go to Arkansas and embraced all things Arkansas after making the decision and signing with them, I don't think that they really had to twist his arm to choose Arkansas. Having said that, people I know who know him pretty well believed that he was torn between UM and Arkansas and weren't sure where he was going but felt it would be UM.

Here is one thing I know for sure: UM couldn't have recruited him harder than they did. I would be stunned if UM has ever put more effort into recruiting another kid.

Papii said over on CS that JC cancelled is OV to FSU. Buying a suit for his annoucement, and he thinks he's going to decommit from UF. If he does, that leaves really one viable suitor. Keep your fingers crossed, and hold on to your butts gents. **** would feel nice to grab this kid. Would go a long way towards making me feel better about TV. Add another good stud, and I think Ill be feeling pretty **** giddy about this class, as long as there are no nasty surprises. (DJ/Chad/Kaaya)

JC was scheduled to visit UGA this weekend, not FSU. They canceled the UGA visit -- apparently his father told the UGA site because of weather. He told the UF site because they are just tired of traveling so more visits anywhere.

Advertisement
Would go a long way towards making me feel better about TV.

As much as I love JC, we still come out of that equation without the elite DT, which is what we needed.

I dont disagree, that's why I didnt say it would totally make up for losing TV. But it would go a long way towards making me feel better about it. JC is a **** of an athlete that can play TWO ways.

JC was scheduled to visit UGA this weekend, not FSU. They canceled the UGA visit -- apparently his father told the UGA site because of weather. He told the UF site because they are just tired of traveling so more visits anywhere.

Either way, means he wont be at FSU this weekend, so its a good bet they are probably out of it.

me thinks they were out of it when Pruitt left. Pruitt is why JC was about to take a visit to UGA.

Here's his Dad's interview with the rivals gator site this week. Sounds to me like he's gonna decommit...

Going into the final stretch of this recruiting cycle the Florida Gators still find themselves trying to solidify the pledge of one of their prized commits in Immokalee (Fla.) cornerback J.C. Jackson.

J.C. Jackson
Florida hosted the four-star prospect on his official this past weekend, and on Wednesday head coach Will Muschamp, defensive coordinator, D.J. Durkin, and defensive backs coach Travaris Robinson all went down to Immokalee to visit Jackson and his family in their home.

"It was nice. Everything was the same, just having a good time while they were down on the visit," said Jackson's father, Chris.

While Chris Jackson said the visit was mostly about the Florida staff just checking in and showing they care about his son more than anything else, he also said the coaches still made a bit of a recruiting push.

"Same thing everybody says. They need him. They could use him real fast. They said they were looking at him to be a big player on the field as soon as he steps on campus," the elder Jackson explained.

It's only been a few days since Jackson was at UF for his official visit. Jackson's father, who accompanied his son on the visit, still had high remarks about the trip.

"Everything went good. I enjoyed myself, like on every official visit you enjoy yourself. They lay it out for you," Chris Jackson said. "The most important thing is about JC. At the end of the day he really doesn't say too much, he's just going through the motions. He's just enjoying the moment that's it."

The Rivals250 prospect has said in previous weeks that he would take an official visit to Florida State before National Signing Day. There are just two weeks left for him to take that trip, but as of right now this visit plans are still up in the air.

"I have no idea. That's up to my son what he wants to do. At the end of the day that's his decision. If he wants to go he can go," said Jackson's father.

Chris Jackson is still not exactly sure where his son will play college football, but currently he believes his son feels most comfortable in Gainesville.

"I guess Florida," he said, "I guess, I didn't say yeah. I guess he feels comfortable. He's still committed so..."

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back